Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2022 Post-Season - NO POLITICS

Featured Replies

6 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Well does it count that Maxey shouldn’t be a bench player?   Does that make it better?

Not really lol I think they have a legit six starters on this roster. The problem is after those top six I don’t think the rest of the bench guys you can go one starter with four bench guys and have sustained success. That continues to show up. Especially when niang, shake, Harrell, Paul have been terrible tonight 

  • Replies 37.4k
  • Views 1.2m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Flights booked. Hotel booked. Will work on tickets this week. Gonna surprise the old man and show up to take him next Sunday. 

  • FranklinFldEBUpper
    FranklinFldEBUpper

    Getting ready to walk out the door to head to the stadium. Same thing I said five years ago....when I get home, I'm either going to be really depressed or extremely jubilant. Later gents.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

God rivers sucks as a coach

If the Sixers wind up losing this game, they lost it in the first quarter when doc decided to do the all bench units that allowed for an immediate 11-0 run. And then didn’t bring embiid back until it was a one point game near 8 mins left in the second.  When the Knicks are on that type of run, you need to seize the momentum back. Not wait until you want to substitute your guy back in on a schedule and the Knicks got momentum 

also, Evan Fournier could be terrible for like 10 games. He plays the Sixers he hits like 5 to 8 threes every Fing time.

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If the Sixers wind up losing this game, they lost it in the first quarter when doc decided to do the all bench units that allowed for an immediate 11-0 run. And then didn’t bring embiid back until it was a one point game near 8 mins left in the second.  When the Knicks are on that type of run, you need to seize the momentum back. Not wait until you want to substitute your guy back in on a schedule and the Knicks got momentum 

Our effort tonight stinks. Rebounding ans defense suck. They thought they had it won.

 

Doc Rivers is the best coach in the city. By Far. They have the best record in the NBA since the second week of the season and their top 5 players all missed multiple games. Their top 3 missing several weeks each. He's a low hanging fruit people like to pile on.

The bench players need to start producing, that's on them for not producing. They're professional players. They need to play better. If I were Rivers I'd play the all bench lineup every single game out of spite until they figure it out and if they don't, so be it. Trial by fire is the most effective way to learn in life.

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Terrible take.   Torts, Thomson and NS are all better coaches/managers.   

Nah, not even close. You’re only saying that because he’s black.

1 minute ago, Sack that QB said:

Doc Rivers is the best coach in the city. By Far. 

We've made the playoffs in back to back years and are in the SB.

2 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Nah, not even close. You’re only saying that because he’s black.

 

4FDBE44C-C0F8-43AE-AD7D-795750B8B34A.gif

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

That team is a disgrace for losing that game.  And BTW, I hope you’re not counting PJ as a "starter”.  Even though tonight was one of his most explosive offensive games of the year.   

For what they ask him for in the playoffs they need him to be. Just play defense and hope he hit 1-2 corner threes. Basically what he’s been his career.

9 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Doc Rivers is the best coach in the city. By Far. They have the best record in the NBA since the second week of the season and their top 5 players all missed multiple games. Their top 3 missing several weeks each. He's a low hanging fruit people like to pile on.

The bench players need to start producing, that's on them for not producing. They're professional players. They need to play better. If I were Rivers I'd play the all bench lineup every single game out of spite until they figure it out and if they don't, so be it. Trial by fire is the most effective way to learn in life.

spacer.png
 

they’ve tried the all bench unit for 3 years. It’s hurt them way more than it’s worked. Again definition of insanity. 

Fire rivers for the love of god its the gms biggest failure

5 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Nah, not even close. You’re only saying that because he’s black.

Really making a push for the no. 1 seed in the racist bracket. 

6 minutes ago, RLC said:

We've made the playoffs in back to back years and are in the SB.

And NS didn’t inherit a superstar like Embiid.

 

7 minutes ago, TEW said:

And NS didn’t inherit a superstar like Embiid.

brett brown has gotten as far as doc and he had to help develop all those guys inside a losing type culture besides butler and jj. Brown didn’t have the embiid we are seeing today either. Embiid matured and had become an mvp type player. Credit doc some of that but i think it’s embiid finally mature and got himself into the best shape 

6 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Wouldn't consider myself much of an audiophile. Most of those that I know are big into music and have dedicated listening rooms. I just enjoy having decent sound for movies. Have a 5.1.2 config in the family room, polk owm5's for fronts and center, owm3's for heights, and in-wall rc65's for rears. Klipsch 12" down-firing sub next to the media cabinet with a Yamaha AVR.

That’s great.  I’m running 7.4.4 with power sound audio mt210’s across the front, hsu 15” subs x4, and some overmatched klipsch thx in walls and in ceilings for the 8 surround and height speakers, all powered by marantz separates.

For the reasons you said, I’ve probably never unlocked the system since all I really do is stream.  I should probably be listening to some more blu ray.  I’ve been happy with the steaming movies, but it could probably be better.

 

 

17 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Really making a push for the no. 1 seed in the racist bracket. 

All he does is post things to rile folks up.  

11 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Race baiting in the blog.  Great.  I would delete that post if I were you.  

It was a joke, don't get your panties in a bunch.

On 2/2/2023 at 9:57 AM, TorontoEagle said:

 

 

Your last three blog posts.

Shadow of the poster you used to be

You thought that was clever?  Place is a joke now 

On 2/2/2023 at 9:53 AM, NCiggles said:

Meh - People have ****ing at each other in this place for as long as I can remember.  

Sure, but it was in between insightful football discussion. Now it’s just regurgitated political bs and the same four idiots fighting each other 

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Weak.   I’m just telling you what the rules of engagement are in here now.  If I have to change …

I’m not exactly known for race baiting in fact, all I’ve ever done was mock it and those who do it, I thought it was pretty obvious it was a joke. 

13 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

That’s great.  I’m running 7.4.4 with power sound audio mt210’s across the front, hsu 15” subs x4, and some overmatched klipsch thx in walls and in ceilings for the 8 surround and height speakers, all powered by marantz separates.

For the reasons you said, I’ve probably never unlocked the system since all I really do is stream.  I should probably be listening to some more blu ray.  I’ve been happy with the steaming movies, but it could probably be better.

 

 

Yea that's like buying a porsche and just using it to get to the end of your driveway to pick up the mail.  :lol: 

17 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Cool schtick.  Come back to the blog every now and then to tell everyone how much the blog sucks and contribute nothing else.  I like it.  

Your personal vendettas are tired and pathetic 

7 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

We’re you trolling when you said Doc was the best coach in Philly as well?   Because it’s hard to know what’s a joke and what’s real after someone posts something that odd.  

Half trolling. He gets way too much hate in this town and people like to pile on him because it's trendy to do, so I like to use hyperbole to defend Rivers when people trash Rivers unfairly.

Rivers is a good coach. He isn't a great coach, but he's good, and people think he sucks which is ridiculous. There are legit criticisms for him, but it's the same nonsense we saw with Gannon. Rivers becoming the man to blame has become a narrative so people pile on the easy target. The NBA more than any other league is won and lost with your stars and when your best player constantly comes up small in the playoffs or is injury prone, he doesn't get nearly as much of the blame because he's beloved by the fans. If you were to rank the reasons this team hasn't won a title, Joel Embiid coming up small in the playoffs ranks ahead of Doc Rivers.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.