Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2022 Post-Season - NO POLITICS

Featured Replies

 

  • Replies 37.4k
  • Views 1.2m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Flights booked. Hotel booked. Will work on tickets this week. Gonna surprise the old man and show up to take him next Sunday. 

  • FranklinFldEBUpper
    FranklinFldEBUpper

    Getting ready to walk out the door to head to the stadium. Same thing I said five years ago....when I get home, I'm either going to be really depressed or extremely jubilant. Later gents.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I like where this is headed!

:angel

I was thinking about Hurts' deep ball the other day. The coaches have done a great job of utilizing it too. They're not doing a ton of 50+ yard bombs down the field. They're really going for the 30-40 yard throws that Jalen really excels at. His touch on those make him pretty automatic. They've weaponized it very well.

3 hours ago, schuy7 said:

I was thinking about Hurts' deep ball the other day. The coaches have done a great job of utilizing it too. They're not doing a ton of 50+ yard bombs down the field. They're really going for the 30-40 yard throws that Jalen really excels at. His touch on those make him pretty automatic. They've weaponized it very well.

With how many different ways the Eagles offense have won this year, I wouldn’t be surprised to see this offense feature more downfield strikes than usual

If we don't shoot ourselves in the foot, I really like our chances. We are dynamic in multiple ways and I'm confident we can run the ball against anyone.

Play smart and we got this.

3 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

With how many different ways the Eagles offense have won this year, I wouldn’t be surprised to see this offense feature more downfield strikes than usual

Not bad, temp will also be fine.

image.thumb.png.89bb559583bfe9bd6ea4a504f161a4e4.png

8 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I would like them to get an athletic wing at the deadline. Cause I don’t think you can use thybulle in the playoffs. He’s really not playing all that much anyway but nice to have an athletic wing for defense and maybe shoot a little in case something happens like what happened with green last year.

But the thing that absolutely scares me with this team is doc’s coaching in the playoffs. It frightens me when they get out to a big lead. Cause his teams over the last decade tend to blow those games and sudden it gets all the way back down to one or two. Imo this sixers roster is good enough to at least get to the ECF. I’m not sure doc in the playoffs i trust to maximize the talent or have the right rotations. 

Glenn should have been fired three times over by now

The media is obsessing over this AJ story.   It's been 4 days and they're still talking about it.   I hope AJ goes for 150 on Sunday.   It was a running game performance against the GMen.  AJ, Devonta, Goedert had to take a backseat to the running backs and Jalen this game.  We've had games like that this season.  Like Greenbay and then we aired it out in games against Titans and Steelers. (Remember when Devonta's numbers were crazy low for like 5 games).  I know AJ definitely wanted more than 6 targets and I'm sure he was frustrated on that missed TD pass.  But they are trying to paint him as some WR Diva when he's been anything but that this whole season.  

11 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

The media is obsessing over this AJ story.   It's been 4 days and they're still talking about it.   I hope AJ goes for 150 on Sunday.   It was a running game performance against the GMen.  AJ, Devonta, Goedert had to take a backseat to the running backs and Jalen this game.  We've had games like that this season.  Like Greenbay and then we aired it out in games against Titans and Steelers. (Remember when Devonta's numbers were crazy low for like 5 games).  I know AJ definitely wanted more than 6 targets and I'm sure he was frustrated on that missed TD pass.  But they are trying to paint him as some WR Diva when he's been anything but that this whole season.  

Ideally, a player wouldn’t be sulking/pouting/whatever on the bench in the closing minutes of a playoff win. It doesn’t look good.

But it’s a nothing burger at this point. It needs to get escalated several more levels before it becomes something, but folks always need something to complain or worry about. 

11 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

The media is obsessing over this AJ story.   It's been 4 days and they're still talking about it.   I hope AJ goes for 150 on Sunday.   It was a running game performance against the GMen.  AJ, Devonta, Goedert had to take a backseat to the running backs and Jalen this game.  We've had games like that this season.  Like Greenbay and then we aired it out in games against Titans and Steelers. (Remember when Devonta's numbers were crazy low for like 5 games).  I know AJ definitely wanted more than 6 targets and I'm sure he was frustrated on that missed TD pass.  But they are trying to paint him as some WR Diva when he's been anything but that this whole season.  

Either AJ or Smitty will - the 9ers consistently allow #1 receivers big games (their corners aren’t good, and Hufanga really leans into the SS role and is schemed that way).

9 hours ago, greendestiny27 said:

This media is ridiculous. Nothing there but let's try to start a fire out of nothing because we are a bunch of drama story seeking a-holes. 

If there was NOTHING there- SIri wouldn't have had to console Brown on the bench. 

I am concerned there will be a serious effort to force the ball to Brown this weekend, rather than take what they are giving you we will force throws trying to make Brown happy- if we start seeing Hurts throwing into dbl coverages to Brown rather than hitting open guys, this will be an issue. 

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Ideally, a player wouldn’t be sulking/pouting/whatever on the bench in the closing minutes of a playoff win. It doesn’t look good.

But it’s a nothing burger at this point. It needs to get escalated several more levels before it becomes something, but folks always need something to complain or worry about. 

I just think the cameras caught him at that moment but it's turned into him not being happy about us blowing out the GMen.   I just think he's a strong competitor and wasn't happy about that missed TD pass.   I also think the Media needs "Stories" for this NFC Championship and this happens to be one.  

2 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Either AJ or Smitty will - the 9ers consistently allow #1 receivers big games (their corners aren’t good, and Hufanga really leans into the SS role and is schemed that way).

I agree, I also think Goedert can do some damage.  Quez  can be a sneaking threat because the 49ers will be focusing on AJ and Devonta for sure.  

GMFB just had a segment by Peter Schrager…he said the X factor in this game could be two Eagles defensive assistant coaches (Scudder and McDonald).  They both were defensive coaches for Iowa State for three of the years that Brock Purdy was quarterback there. 
 

Big deal or little deal?  I thought it was interesting… 

27 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

The media is obsessing over this AJ story.   It's been 4 days and they're still talking about it.   I hope AJ goes for 150 on Sunday.   It was a running game performance against the GMen.  AJ, Devonta, Goedert had to take a backseat to the running backs and Jalen this game.  We've had games like that this season.  Like Greenbay and then we aired it out in games against Titans and Steelers. (Remember when Devonta's numbers were crazy low for like 5 games).  I know AJ definitely wanted more than 6 targets and I'm sure he was frustrated on that missed TD pass.  But they are trying to paint him as some WR Diva when he's been anything but that this whole season.  

there's been quite a few diva moments from him since the trade.  

25 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

there's been quite a few diva moments from him since the trade.  

by quite a few you mean 2 non stories

Interesting thing from GMFB.  2 Eagles D assistant coaches (DK McDonald and Tyler Scudder) used to work at Iowa State College when Brock Prody when he was QB there. A quiet little thing to keep an eye on when we play them on Sunday.

30 minutes ago, McMVP said:

GMFB just had a segment by Peter Schrager…he said the X factor in this game could be two Eagles defensive assistant coaches (Scudder and McDonald).  They both were defensive coaches for Iowa State for three of the years that Brock Purdy was quarterback there. 
 

Big deal or little deal?  I thought it was interesting… 

Little deal. From so long ago, they're not gonna know anything of value that's not already on tape.

34 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

there's been quite a few diva moments from him since the trade.  

That grossly overstates it

13 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

Interesting thing from GMFB.  2 Eagles D assistant coaches (DK McDonald and Tyler Scudder) used to work at Iowa State College when Brock Prody when he was QB there. A quiet little thing to keep an eye on when we play them on Sunday.

For those who want to see the piece:

 

5 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

That grossly overstates it

Yes…very overstated.  Quite a few would be T.O.  He’s not on the same planet as that guy when it comes to Diva-ness.  

1 hour ago, KINGnabb said:

The media is obsessing over this AJ story.   It's been 4 days and they're still talking about it.   I hope AJ goes for 150 on Sunday.   It was a running game performance against the GMen.  AJ, Devonta, Goedert had to take a backseat to the running backs and Jalen this game.  We've had games like that this season.  Like Greenbay and then we aired it out in games against Titans and Steelers. (Remember when Devonta's numbers were crazy low for like 5 games).  I know AJ definitely wanted more than 6 targets and I'm sure he was frustrated on that missed TD pass.  But they are trying to paint him as some WR Diva when he's been anything but that this whole season.  

Yup, they're f'n disgraces to our team. They look to try and cause controversy and dissension within the team where there is none. We finally get the true #1 receiver that we've been wanting for years and the disgraceful media act like this. It's like they want AJ to be a diva. F'n nuts and they should be ashamed of themselves. 

58 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

If there was NOTHING there- SIri wouldn't have had to console Brown on the bench. 

I am concerned there will be a serious effort to force the ball to Brown this weekend, rather than take what they are giving you we will force throws trying to make Brown happy- if we start seeing Hurts throwing into dbl coverages to Brown rather than hitting open guys, this will be an issue. 

It's sounding like you don't have much faith in the offense or the team at this point.

It's the NFC Championship Game.  They're not going to be throwing into double coverage just to make one player happy.  Yikes. 

Rank the biggest divas:

EMB bloggers

AJ Brown

Philly media

16 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

That grossly overstates it

Guess what day it is? It's Hot Take Thursday in the blog! Woop Woop!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.