Jalen Hurts discussion (Part 2) - see new topic for contract extension

VaBeach_Eagle

From what limited game I saw, his arm looked good. Timing was off with WRs but that's expected after a layoff.

Glad he had a tuneup game before the playoffs.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

From what limited game I saw, his arm looked good. Timing was off with WRs but that's expected after a layoff.

Agreed. His timing looked off and I think they held him back a little in terms of what they called. But he came through it, got to shake off some rust and gets to rest up now and prepare. 

10 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Between the 20’s Jalen was strong, but asking him not to run crippled our redzone offense

Fl_UQ-FXgAEL4e2?format=jpg&name=small

jalen-hurts.gif

Jalen Returns.  Another Eagles Win.   17-1 over his last 18 games.   14-1 this Season (Best in Eagles history)   First year as a Starter = Playoffs 7th Seed.  2nd Year as a Starter = Playoffs #1 Seed.   

3 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

Jalen Returns.  Another Eagles Win.   17-1 over his last 18 games.   14-1 this Season (Best in Eagles history)   First year as a Starter = Playoffs 7th Seed.  2nd Year as a Starter = Playoffs #1 Seed.   

Let's hope in 2 weeks time they continue that run with Hurts. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Let's hope in 2 weeks time they continue that run with Hurts. 

Not sure there's an nfc team i am worried about. The 49ers maybe? 

1 minute ago, jsb235 said:

Not sure there's an nfc team i am worried about. The 49ers maybe? 

Oh the Niners are a major worry. They have a very very creative HC and play caller. They have play makers on both sides. A good defense and a steady QB playing with house money. 

Jalen Hurts 23-11 as a starter. Two years ago people were crying over a guy barely.500. We have come a long way.

Focus now is preparing & winning a playoff game. Get over that hurdle & build.

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

Focus now is preparing & winning a playoff game. Get over that hurdle & build.

Listening to Jalen’s PC it’s obvious he’s not fully healed and I’m almost worried he might not be even with the bye, but he was claiming that it was the gameplan as to why they weren’t running RPOs. Well that’s a sort of truth. They weren’t running them because he’s injured. It’s a shame it had to come to this. Should have been handles last week and he should’ve been given another week of rest at least. Can’t have this conservative offense moving into the playoffs. We need Jalen closer to 100% than what he gave us today. 

It was a very weird situation for Jalen today as he was "clearly" given instructions to not run inside and only break contain to the outside as a last resort. They game planned to protect him, but by doing that they completely hand-cuffed him at the same time and because of it Jalen was hesitant and uncomfortable. I'm hoping this was more of an overprotection as opposed to seeing more of the same two weeks from now because a restricted Jalen will not be able to bring home a trophy unless it's of the participation kind.

3 minutes ago, Rey said:

It was a very weird situation for Jalen today as he was "clearly" given instructions to not run inside and only break contain to the outside as a last resort. They game planned to protect him, but by doing that they completely hand-cuffed him at the same time and because of it Jalen was hesitant and uncomfortable. I'm hoping this was more of an overprotection as opposed to seeing more of the same two weeks from now because a restricted Jalen will not be able to bring home a trophy unless it's of the participation kind.

There will be zero restrictions in 2 weeks

4 minutes ago, Rey said:

IMO if this was the divisional round game he’s 100% bodying people to convert 2nd and 5’s

7 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

There will be zero restrictions in 2 weeks

Yep, its the only way that we win a play off game.

9 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Agreed. His timing looked off and I think they held him back a little in terms of what they called. But he came through it, got to shake off some rust and gets to rest up now and prepare. 

Which is what I said in the GDT, that this game even if it was ugly from jalen would allow him to get reps and do all the things he needed to do yesterday, and not do them in the divisional round.

Did they win the Game and stop the 2 game losing streak? Check

Did break even more records? Check

Did they get the NFC BEAST Title? Check

Did they get the #1 Seed? Check

Did they get Jalen and everyone out Healthy? Check

Are they getting a Bye Week and Two more Weeks to heal? Check

23 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

5CC3C64B-6EA8-4392-B058-196FB9CBE970.gif.b6e0f5187596f2b3f0dd1e15d56dd764.gif.e5e7a31efc75f83c991449b4ac1b014d.gif

1 hour ago, KINGnabb said:

Maybe they even created a QB controversy in NY along the way. 

Yeah, big picture is that we got what we needed out of that game yesterday ... got the East and the bye; Jalen was able to get in Live action again prior to the playoffs; no aggravation of the shoulder injury; Chauncey Gardner-J was back and played well; no injuries to anyone else. I do expect the shackles off of Jalen in 2 weeks. My biggest concern is that RT position ... a 70% Lane Johnson is still 30% better than 100% Jack Driscoll on the outside. 

3 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

I believe that Jalen Hurts is eligible to receive an extension starting today.

No. He is still on the 3rd year of his deal. The 3rd year doesn’t end until the new league year starts. 

https://insidethepylon.com/nfl/front-office/2017/06/26/art-rookie-extension-deal/

"A player is eligible for an extension after the third year of their rookie contract is complete.”

11 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

No. He is still on the 3rd year of his deal. The 3rd year doesn’t end until the new league year starts. 

https://insidethepylon.com/nfl/front-office/2017/06/26/art-rookie-extension-deal/

"A player is eligible for an extension after the third year of their rookie contract is complete.”

I was going off of the info from this article.

Will Eagles extend Jalen Hurts between end of regular season and first playoff game? - ProFootballTalk (nbcsports.com)

11 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

That’s what I thought too but here’s what it says in the NFL Operations Guide (referring to January 9 2023):

Earliest permissible date for clubs to renegotiate or extend the Rookie Contract of a Drafted Rookie who was selected in any round of the 2020 College Draft or any Undrafted Rookie who signed in 2021. Any permissible renegotiated or extended Player Contract will not be considered a Rookie Contract, and will not be subject to the rules that limit Rookie Contracts.

https://operations.nfl.com/gameday/nfl-schedule/2022-23-important-nfl-dates/

33 minutes ago, Rey said:

Jalen was able to get in Live action again prior to the playoffs; no aggravation of the shoulder injury; Chauncey Gardner-J was back and played well; no injuries to

I don't know if he aggravated but, Sirianni said he is in a lot of pain

Archived