Jalen Hurts discussion (Part 2) - see new topic for contract extension

VaBeach_Eagle

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

That’s what I thought too but here’s what it says in the NFL Operations Guide (referring to January 9 2023):

Earliest permissible date for clubs to renegotiate or extend the Rookie Contract of a Drafted Rookie who was selected in any round of the 2020 College Draft or any Undrafted Rookie who signed in 2021. Any permissible renegotiated or extended Player Contract will not be considered a Rookie Contract, and will not be subject to the rules that limit Rookie Contracts.

https://operations.nfl.com/gameday/nfl-schedule/2022-23-important-nfl-dates/

Interesting. Seems odd since it’s still the same league year. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, rrfierce said:

Yep, its the only way that we win a play off game.

It’ll likely be the giants, I wouldn’t go that far

14 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I don't know if he aggravated but, Sirianni said he is in a lot of pain

Uhhgghh, not something you want to hear. 

2 hours ago, KINGnabb said:

Did they win the Game and stop the 2 game losing streak? Check

Did break even more records? Check

Did they get the NFC BEAST Title? Check

Did they get the #1 Seed? Check

Did they get Jalen and everyone out Healthy? Check

Are they getting a Bye Week and Two more Weeks to heal? Check

jalens wasnt healthy going in, and he was in pain at the end, so you're wrong on that one

15 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

jalens wasnt healthy going in, and he was in pain at the end, so you're wrong on that one

If there's anyone who should know about "pain at the end", it's you! 

17 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

And it is out in the media, so our first opponent will focus on that.  

1 minute ago, mikemack8 said:

Really.  As gaping as he is, he probably doesn't feel it anymore.

57 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I don't know if he aggravated but, Sirianni said he is in a lot of pain

Jalen himself seemed like he was in pain. He could’ve used an extra 2 weeks off but lost the chance. 

27 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

go report yourself, rat libbbberal

9 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Jalen himself seemed like he was in pain. He could’ve used an extra 2 weeks off but lost the chance. 

maybe that injury is a lot worse than we believe

1 hour ago, olsilverhair said:

Sprains are generally 4-6 weeks and never really heal without significant rest. He’s two weeks removed and back in action. This unfortunately was a setback. Hopefully he’s closer to ready the next time he’s out there, but again this was a setback since he had to play. Minshew had one job and two chances to do it, but blew it.

1 hour ago, olsilverhair said:

Those shoulder injuries are hard to gage.

During Bama’s 4th Bryce Young sprained his shoulder and really was not the same QB until the bowl game on 12/31. He would have a good game, then regressed the next. Saban had him on a pitch count in practice and it showed in his games.

Young hurt his throwing arm shoulder, fortunately for Hurts it’s his non-throwing shoulder!

12 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Sprains are generally 4-6 weeks and never really heal without significant rest. He’s two weeks removed and back in action. This unfortunately was a setback. Hopefully he’s closer to ready the next time he’s out there, but again this was a setback since he had to play. Minshew had one job and two chances to do it, but blew it.

Why do you have to make things so divisive? The entire team had two chances to clinch and couldn’t get it done. And you better believe the defense had a big part to play yesterday in finally getting it done

8 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Why do you have to make things so divisive? The entire team had two chances to clinch and couldn’t get it done. And you better believe the defense had a big part to play yesterday in finally getting it done

Yep.  Defense could have done their part against Dallas, but chose to let Dak move the ball uncontested.  The Commanders didn't seem to have any issues.

image.png.54c7fd4dcac7f85ed0c0596551deb459.png

31 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

And THAT is what I hated about that entire scenario: I really and honestly thought Minshew was more than capable of coming in and getting that bye two games ago but he really dropped the ball and it looks like he F'd himself out of a starting position next season....

18 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

And THAT is what I hated about that entire scenario: I really and honestly thought Minshew was more than capable of coming in and getting that bye two games ago but he really dropped the ball and it looks like he F'd himself out of a starting position next season....

It is funny that people keep bringing up Minshew not getting it done.  Sam Darnold beat the Saints, in New Orleans yesterday with 75 yards of total offense.

image.png.0e23d2845db2fba6840e37568110a43b.png

Hurts will be 5 weeks removed from the injury when they play again.

There should be no reason to hold him back at that point.

1 hour ago, GeorgeM37 said:

I brought into the hype. So many kept saying how good he was and it wasn’t just EMB. There were a lot of people hyping that dude up and some still do, but that Saints game was a bit of an eye opener. He’s not a guy I think teams can win with, but someone will probably give him a chance. I’m just glad the Eagles stayed their course and stuck with Hurts. 

Use the bye week wisely.  Be healthy, have a good game plan, coaching needs to step up, O line, defense, everyone focused and no stupid penalties or mental mistakes, forced throws, fumbles, etc.  Be about business and get it done.

2 hours ago, Bamabird said:

Those shoulder injuries are hard to gage.

During Bama’s 4th Bryce Young sprained his shoulder and really was not the same QB until the bowl game on 12/31. He would have a good game, then regressed the next. Saban had him on a pitch count in practice and it showed in his games.

Young hurt his throwing arm shoulder, fortunately for Hurts it’s his non-throwing shoulder!

No it's not. It's his right shoulder. His throwing shoulder. 

2 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

No it's not. It's his right shoulder. His throwing shoulder. 

Yup. And you can tell on the sneak he was in a lot of pain because that's the shoulder he leads with.

16 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yup. And you can tell on the sneak he was in a lot of pain because that's the shoulder he leads with.

I always thought that was weird.  Being right handed, I would think you would lead with your left shoulder

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I always thought that was weird.  Being right handed, I would think you would lead with your left shoulder

I think because you might have to extend the ball it makes sense. If all he had to do was tuck and push, it would make sense to lead with your left and have the ball secured further away from the pile. 

6 hours ago, downundermike said:

Yep.  Defense could have done their part against Dallas, but chose to let Dak move the ball uncontested.  The Commanders didn't seem to have any issues.

image.png.54c7fd4dcac7f85ed0c0596551deb459.png

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I brought into the hype. So many kept saying how good he was and it wasn’t just EMB. There were a lot of people hyping that dude up and some still do, but that Saints game was a bit of an eye opener. He’s not a guy I think teams can win with, but someone will probably give him a chance. I’m just glad the Eagles stayed their course and stuck with Hurts. 

Hurts is clearly better than Minshew and is a top 10 potentially top 5 QB in this league. Let's hope he is healthy in two weeks.

But having said that I do think there has been an overreaction to Minshew, particularly by some Philly journalists.  He played well enough to win against Dallas. He was poor against the Saints, but they have a legitimately good D.

Minshew is a borderline starter/very good back-up in this league. My opinion hasn't changed. 

Archived