Super Bowl LVII lead up: Chiefs vs Eagles February 12, 2023

VaBeach_Eagle

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

How many teams have been to the Super Bowl under 4 or more coaches in their franchise history? I know there's a few, of which the Eagles are one. I think the Raiders are another. 

Rauch, Madden, Flores x2, Callahan  (had to look up Rauch)

Vermeil, AR, Doug, Siri

Pittsburgh, SF, and Denver have 3

Colts!  Shula , Mc___ something or mig something(beat Dallas), Dungy, and the guy who lost the party bus game.

Rams

Knox maybe? (lost to the Steelers), Vermeil, that OC twit with white hair (Martz), and McVay

I would have never guessed the first guy: Raymondo Giuseppi Giovanni Baptiste Malavasi

5 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Rauch, Madden, Flores x2, Callahan  (had to look up Rauch)

Vermeil, AR, Doug, Siri

Pittsburgh, SF, and Denver have 3

Colts!  Shula , Mc___ something or mig something(beat Dallas), Dungy, and the guy who lost the party bus game.

Broncos made it with 5 coaches:

Robert "Red" Miller in 1977.

Dan Reeves in 1986, 1987, and 1989.

Mike Shanahan in 1997 and 1998.

John Fox in 2013.

Gary Kubiak in 2015.

FoVpEkdaIAIHht4?format=jpg&name=small

He's focused, He's prepared.  He's ready.   Many believed it wasn't even possible for him to be here.   Now he must shock the world once more.  

crop_exact_gettyimages-1363217775-612x61

MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, KINGnabb said:

crop_exact_gettyimages-1363217775-612x61

MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't steal my thing.  I have been doing this every day since the NFCCG, don't mess up the mojo.

even though we won the sb against the pats, we almost lost the sb because we kept giving it to brady and we got lucky with that sack and fumble as a result if that didnt happen, we probably could have lost.

that's why we have to run the ball, tire out the chiefs d, run alot of clock out to prevent mahomes from killing us, we cant try to outplay mahomes, if we do that, we will lose the sb.

6 minutes ago, toughfighter83 said:

even though we won the sb against the pats, we almost lost the sb because we kept giving it to brady and we got lucky with that sack and fumble as a result if that didnt happen, we probably could have lost.

that's why we have to run the ball, tire out the chiefs d, run alot of clock out to prevent mahomes from killing us, we cant try to outplay mahomes, if we do that, we will lose the sb.

We kept giving it to Brady? We had one turnover and one punt in that Super Bowl. Every other drive we had ended in points. 

I don’t know if anyone explained football to you, but after scoring, the other team get a chance to possess the ball. I have yet to ever witness a team execute a 60 minute scoring drive. 

31 minutes ago, toughfighter83 said:

23 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

We kept giving it to Brady? We had one turnover and one punt in that Super Bowl. Every other drive we had ended in points. 

I don’t know if anyone explained football to you, but after scoring, the other team get a chance to possess the ball. I have yet to ever witness a team execute a 60 minute scoring drive. 

As EagleJoe8 already said, every time you are done possessing the ball, the other team gets it.

The average possessions per NFL game is 12, Patriots had 11 in the Super Bowl.  Here is the playoffs opponents during that run

Falcons - 9 possessions 10 points

Vikings - 9 possessions 7 points

Patriots - 11 possessions 33 points

The fact that our defense sucked all day is the issue, not that we gave them "more" possessions.

But I will play along @toughfighter83 here are our second half possessions, please explain what we should have done differently to stop "giving it to Brady" 

Pats had the first possession of the second half, down 22-12 and scored a TD

We answered with an 11 play 85 yard drive for a TD using 4:57 of the clock.

Pats then answered with a TD

We answered with an 8 play 51 yard drive for a FG, using 4:14 of the clock

Pats then answered with a TD

We answered with a 14 play 75 yard drive for a TD, using 7:01 of the clock.

So at this point, we had a 38-33 lead, 3 possessions each, and second half TOP is 16:12 Eagles - 11:27 Pats.

Now take this data, and please explain to me what we could have done differently to stop "giving it to Brady"

11 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

How many teams have been to the Super Bowl under 4 or more coaches in their franchise history? I know there's a few, of which the Eagles are one. I think the Raiders are another. 

Rich Eisen shared this - the stat is related to a 6 year span.

SB appearances.JPG

Jfc is it Sunday yet? My brain is suffering from stat overload. 

1 hour ago, Davidj77 said:

I have no love for Irvin what so ever, but what happened to innocent until proved guilty?

As a woman I feel free to say that I am sick and tired of woman that scream foul with no evidence and men that lose financially and even get in trouble with their families. I know that there are legit cases, but just because a woman says, He did this, doesn't mean it is automatically true. As I recall wasn't he accused of something similar and it was proved the woman was lying?

All I am saying, is let the cards play out before everyone goes crazy.

8 hours ago, NOTW said:

:lol:

FB_IMG_1675857842044.jpg

Like a Yinzer would know?  He probably puts coleslaw on his cheesesteak.

4 hours ago, toughfighter83 said:

I won't call that sack/fumble as lucky.  It was Graham's effort to get to Brady for the sack.  The call to move Graham inside for that play also got some credit as a designed play. 

Run the ball this Sunday should be in order.  Keeping Mahomes and their offense on the sideline is the best way to keep them from scoring.  Nevertheless, our defense needs to bring the A game to limit him.  Being the team with the highest sacks of the season gives us a good chance to get the job done.

I'm sure it's been posted already, but if not,  Mecole Hardman is out. Sent to IR. 

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

How many hours until SB LVII?

USATSI_2120277.jpg?w=677

My P-word still hurts from Reggie White leaving to win a SB for GB.

2 hours ago, CouchKing said:

My P-word still hurts from Reggie White leaving to win a SB for GB.

I hated that it happened. I was at his last Eagles game vs the Giants.

It was easy to blame Braman for everything because Braman was at fault for everything.

What is your concern level about Gannon and the Eagles' D facing the best QB...by leaps and bounds...they have seen this year?  Can they minimize the damage or is Mahomes just gonna have his way?  Gotta say, I can see him killing us with the underneath/short/intermediate stuff with the occasional big play.  

Thinking back over this season, we were shredded by Dak on Xmas Eve and Rodgers (before he got hurt in the game)...in other words, the 2 best QBs we faced during the regular season and nowhere near as good as Mahomes.  Part of me wonders if what Brandon Aiyuk said has validity to it.

I know our pass rush will have to be key, but Mahomes is just on a different level. Hope the Eagles' offense is up to the task of keeping up.

20 hours ago, Bamabird said:

I have no love for Irvin what so ever, but what happened to innocent until proved guilty?

As a woman I feel free to say that I am sick and tired of woman that scream foul with no evidence and men that lose financially and even get in trouble with their families. I know that there are legit cases, but just because a woman says, He did this, doesn't mean it is automatically true. As I recall wasn't he accused of something similar and it was proved the woman was lying?

All I am saying, is let the cards play out before everyone goes crazy.

Irvin is a crackhead and he loves prostitution. 

Archived