Super Bowl LVII lead up: Chiefs vs Eagles February 12, 2023

VaBeach_Eagle

Just now, downundermike said:

That is when we will find out if he really is an MVP.  Mahomes did it and got to the Super Bowl while removing talent at WR, lets see what happens to Jalen once the talent is removed instead of added.

The talent is kind of locked up though for the next few years on offense with the exception of RB.

3 minutes ago, judunno said:

The talent is kind of locked up though for the next few years on offense with the exception of RB.

If Kelce retires and Seumalo moves on, that disrupts the line considerably.

Just now, downundermike said:

They have a puppy waiting in the wings for Kelce. Even still no guarantee he's retiring. Seems like he's having fun with football and his podcast. Howie always finds a way to keep the guys in the trenches. Again skill positions on offense are in good hands with the exception of RB. They typically load up on the OL making it possible to get by at RB. Not worried at all there. Keeping folks on the defensive side of the ball is where things get questionable.

16 hours ago, HaroldJackson29 said:

Strawman is a pointless pseudo intellectual term. 

I don't claim it's rigged. I know for a fact it is. 

When they make sure two black QBs play on Lincoln's bday. That's absolute proof. Only a fool calls that coincidence.

The coach and the QB are all that matters. Like a wrestling/tv show narrative.  

This is all starting to make sense. Thanks, Harold!

This is Super Bowl 57. Wesley Snipes starred in Passenger 57. In that movie, the famous line is, "always bet on black." First two black starting QBs. 

It's all lining up!

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

They locked up stoutland, I have zero worries about the Oline. 

1 minute ago, 91defense said:

This is Super Bowl 57. Wesley Snipes starred in Passenger 57. In that movie, the famous line is, "always bet on black." First two black starting QBs. 

It's all lining up!

What about the white half of Mahomes? 

5 minutes ago, 91defense said:

It's all lining up!

Quality first post.  I think you will do well here.

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

What about the white half of Mahomes? 

Wesley Snipes even sat in the same seat as Andy Reid (who is white) in the State Farm commercial. When Andy throws the Sharpie, it actually hit Woody Harrelson, who starred in White Men Can't Jump with Wesley Snipes. So obvious.

This has been lining up for decades. Why do you think those movies were made 30 years ago? 

3 minutes ago, 91defense said:

It's all lining up!

You've just shown that they know years in advance and you're still mocking it? 

Just now, 91defense said:

Wesley Snipes even sat in the same seat as Andy Reid (who is white) in the State Farm commercial. When Andy throws the Sharpie, it actually hit Woody Harrelson, who starred in White Men Can't Jump with Wesley Snipes. So obvious.

This has been lining up for decades. Why do you think those movies were made 30 years ago? 

I can't argue with this lol

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Quality first post.  I think you will do well here.

Thanks!

I needed to go somewhere for some different insight into this game. The analysts are getting a little stale at this point. I'll work on an avatar picture and try to be more active next year.

I wonder if the Eagles are watching last years tape like damn... they put 40 up on us. REVENGGGEEEEEEEEE.

6 minutes ago, 91defense said:

Thanks!

I needed to go somewhere for some different insight into this game. The analysts are getting a little stale at this point. I'll work on an avatar picture and try to be more active next year.

All good sir welcome to the boards!

19 minutes ago, 91defense said:

It's all lining up!

smh at u

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

So many beanbags I haven't kissed yet so little time ! Are you firing blanks yet, Alec Baldwin?!

:roll::roll:  Not yet hairy back Mary.  Need to wait until daughter #2 is born healthy in June.  Then I'm gonna get some ice and my soldering iron and create myself a horror movie.  

23 minutes ago, 91defense said:

Thanks!

The talking heads and fans beat this to death for two weeks. I am honestly over it at this point. As a Chiefs fan I have no idea how this will turn out. I suspect it will either be a train wreck and the Chiefs are destroyed or it’s close and we have a chance to steal one. With your defense I see no scenario where we get up by a large margin. We can go through all the records, stats, cheating NFL/refs or Lincoln’s f@cking birthday, and in the end we will find out when we find out. Congrats on a great season, Hurts is fun to watch.

All of this talk of the Super Bowl being played on Lincoln's Birthday and such, is incorrect. As most people on this board know, Goodell and I are tight, and I spoke with him a couple of years ago about expanding the schedule so that this year, the Eagles could play in the Super Bowl in honor of my paternal Grandmother, who passed away on February 12th (1994). I tried to make it on the 30th anniversary, but God wouldn't reschedule February 12, 2024 from a Monday to a Sunday for me, no matter how much I offered Him.

So, I convinced Goodell to do it this year in exchange for my support for him getting his new contract a few years ago. 

So all this talk of the 12th and the race of the QB's is just not correct. I'm the sole reason that the Super Bowl is on the 12th this year... and since I have that kind of pull, OF COURSE, I wrote the Script so that the Eagles would be in it. 

51 minutes ago, downundermike said:

There will also be less talent around him after he's paid the big bucks.

2 First rd picks to restock that defense and Smith is the only guy on offense with a big contract even on the horizon.  Teams in pretty damn good shape.

14 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

120 hours!!!

For your sake I hope the Eagles win.  With all your bravado and no doubt we are winning by 30+ points, I am actually worried for your safety if it does not work out.

Weird Stat of the Day

Hurts and Mahomes combined to start 36 games this year. Their teams scored 20+ in 34 of the 36 games.

Both 17 point outings were vs the 4-12-1 Colts and their 28th ranked scoring D.

maxresdefault.jpg

5 hours ago, downundermike said:

I believe Jurgens is the plan if Kelce retires and I trust Stoutland and our OL picks for the most part.  Seumalo has gotten better but is replaceable. 

Man, ignorant people say some funny stuff.

Example: Mahomes took a team with no O-line to the Super Bowl! Hurts couldn't do that!

(Truth) Eric Fisher got hurt in the AFCCG on offensive snap #48, that line was fine until they lost him and had to rely on Remmers and a guard at OT and a meh Wiz who was decent as the 5th best guy on a good line but nothing special on a patchwork line. Mahomes gave a great effort in a no-win SB but he did not win a single game with a bad O-line in his entire NFL career.

How many teams have been to the Super Bowl under 4 or more coaches in their franchise history? I know there's a few, of which the Eagles are one. I think the Raiders are another. 

Archived