Super Bowl LVII lead up: Chiefs vs Eagles February 12, 2023

VaBeach_Eagle

Just saw snips of Lane Johnsons media session. These guys are having fun.  Very loose.  We are going to destroy KC.

49 minutes ago, EaglesAddict said:

What is your concern level about Gannon and the Eagles' D facing the best QB...by leaps and bounds...they have seen this year?  Can they minimize the damage or is Mahomes just gonna have his way?  Gotta say, I can see him killing us with the underneath/short/intermediate stuff with the occasional big play.  

Thinking back over this season, we were shredded by Dak on Xmas Eve and Rodgers (before he got hurt in the game)...in other words, the 2 best QBs we faced during the regular season and nowhere near as good as Mahomes.  Part of me wonders if what Brandon Aiyuk said has validity to it.

I know our pass rush will have to be key, but Mahomes is just on a different level. Hope the Eagles' offense is up to the task of keeping up.

Dallas scored a lot of points, but we turned the ball over four times. Cut that in half, we win with Minshew. I don't remember too much abot the GB game.

I think Mahomes is the best QB around in the league, so we wouldn't have faced anyone that good anyway. He is dangerous, obviously, but especially when plays break down and he has to improvise. I think the Eagles defense is a bad matchup for Mahomes, because he won't have enough time to improvise too much - our defensive front is too good and won't allow him that luxury. Our secondary is good in coverage, but who do we put on Kelce? CJGJ? I like him, but that's not a great matchup for us. It's going to come down to how we contain the KC run game, in my view, despite that sounding odd because KC have the best QB around.

1 hour ago, EaglesAddict said:

What is your concern level about Gannon and the Eagles' D facing the best QB...by leaps and bounds...they have seen this year?  Can they minimize the damage or is Mahomes just gonna have his way?  Gotta say, I can see him killing us with the underneath/short/intermediate stuff with the occasional big play.  

Thinking back over this season, we were shredded by Dak on Xmas Eve and Rodgers (before he got hurt in the game)...in other words, the 2 best QBs we faced during the regular season and nowhere near as good as Mahomes.  Part of me wonders if what Brandon Aiyuk said has validity to it.

I know our pass rush will have to be key, but Mahomes is just on a different level. Hope the Eagles' offense is up to the task of keeping up.

Lol Rodgers didn’t shred us at all

32 minutes ago, kiwinavega said:

Dallas scored a lot of points, but we turned the ball over four times. Cut that in half, we win with Minshew. I don't remember too much abot the GB game.

I think Mahomes is the best QB around in the league, so we wouldn't have faced anyone that good anyway. He is dangerous, obviously, but especially when plays break down and he has to improvise. I think the Eagles defense is a bad matchup for Mahomes, because he won't have enough time to improvise too much - our defensive front is too good and won't allow him that luxury. Our secondary is good in coverage, but who do we put on Kelce? CJGJ? I like him, but that's not a great matchup for us. It's going to come down to how we contain the KC run game, in my view, despite that sounding odd because KC have the best QB around.

Dak completed 77% of his passes and ate our zone coverage up...regardless of how many chances he had due to turnovers (but yes, if we don't turn the ball over we win that game).  Rodgers was similarly having his way until he got hurt.  Even Jordan Love looked good.  My main point is...if these guys could do what they did, what do you think a guy like Mahomes will do?  

Kelce just seems like he's always open.  It'll be interesting to see if Gannon tries anything specific to take him away, but I doubt it.  Gannon just seems like he's the type that does what he does and banks on the overall results vs. scheming to take a specific player away, ala Belichick.

28 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Lol Rodgers didn’t shred us at all

Do you actually remember the game?  I do.  He was looking pretty damn good before his injury.

9 minutes ago, EaglesAddict said:

Do you actually remember the game?  I do.  He was looking pretty damn good before his injury.

You mean those 2 INTs he threw? Or how we were dominating that entire game?

43 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Uh, we weren't "dominating the entire game".  It was a one score game at midway through the 4th Q.  They put up 33 on us.  Both Rodgers and Love fared well.

In any case, my whole point is that Mahomes is head and shoulders above any other QB we faced this season.  My main area of concern for this game is Mahomes just eating our zone alive.  If the pass rush doesn't get there or he's able to scramble around the pocket, he will have a big day.

23 hours ago, Bamabird said:

I have no love for Irvin what so ever, but what happened to innocent until proved guilty?

As a woman I feel free to say that I am sick and tired of woman that scream foul with no evidence and men that lose financially and even get in trouble with their families. I know that there are legit cases, but just because a woman says, He did this, doesn't mean it is automatically true. As I recall wasn't he accused of something similar and it was proved the woman was lying?

All I am saying, is let the cards play out before everyone goes crazy.

Innocent until proven guilty applies to criminal law, not job security. If someone comes in and pees on my keyboard, I don't have to prove it in court in order to fire them.

When we are 59 hours away, do I post a picture of:

1. Seth Joyner
  2. Mike Mamula
  3. Banned from this board for such a stupid question

1 hour ago, TorontoEagle said:

140 yards, 2 TD's and 2 INT's. 

No idea how we were able to overcome that.

44 minutes ago, EaglesAddict said:

Uh, we weren't "dominating the entire game".  It was a one score game at midway through the 4th Q.  They put up 33 on us.  Both Rodgers and Love fared well.

In any case, my whole point is that Mahomes is head and shoulders above any other QB we faced this season.  My main area of concern for this game is Mahomes just eating our zone alive.  If the pass rush doesn't get there or he's able to scramble around the pocket, he will have a big day.

Lol sure. 11/16 140 yards 2 TDs and 2 Ints, he SHREDDED us. My god the horror. We also ran for 363 yards that game, and dominated the entire second half, including 4th quarter drives of 5:52 and 6:44. But yeah, GB kept it close with a garbage time FG

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

140 yards, 2 TD's and 2 INT's. 

No idea how we were able to overcome that.

The only way we know how to win games. Injure the QB

1 hour ago, 91defense said:

When we are 59 hours away, do I post a picture of:

1. Seth Joyner
  2. Mike Mamula
  3. Banned from this board for such a stupid question

Mamula for the ban! Lol

I was all good with just watching the Eagles beat the Chiefs, and enjoying the win as a good sport. But the disrespect from Salty 49er players/fans, and Nick Wright is going to make me troll for a good year after Sunday.

28 minutes ago, MF POON said:

I was all good with just watching the Eagles beat the Chiefs, and enjoying the win as a good sport. But the disrespect from Salty 49er players/fans, and Nick Wright is going to make me troll for a good year after Sunday.

He's a f'n dweeb.  His homerism is nauseating. He makes Michael Irvin tolerable, at least he got rings and is in the HOF.  I miss Cris Carter straight owning him on the show every morning 

1 hour ago, MF POON said:

Yeah same here i just want a win so we can make those sad 9er fans cry moar.

5 hours ago, EaglesAddict said:

Dak completed 77% of his passes and ate our zone coverage up...regardless of how many chances he had due to turnovers (but yes, if we don't turn the ball over we win that game).  Rodgers was similarly having his way until he got hurt.  Even Jordan Love looked good.  My main point is...if these guys could do what they did, what do you think a guy like Mahomes will do?  

Kelce just seems like he's always open.  It'll be interesting to see if Gannon tries anything specific to take him away, but I doubt it.  Gannon just seems like he's the type that does what he does and banks on the overall results vs. scheming to take a specific player away, ala Belichick.

The key to taking Kelce away is to maul him off the line with a linebacker then help with a safety/ corner. He becomes frustrated and at times disappear. Fortunately for us most teams think they can play middle zone. He will have a hundred plus if that’s the case. He knows where the holes are and exploits them. If you want to see the kind of magic those two have. Find the video of the Buffalo game last year in the playoffs. The audio tells it all.

2 hours ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

He's a f'n dweeb.  His homerism is nauseating. He makes Michael Irvin tolerable, at least he got rings and is in the HOF.  I miss Cris Carter straight owning him on the show every morning 

As a Chiefs fan I wholeheartedly agree. He looks like a crackhead.

I know everyone is focused on the Eagles winning the game, but what's important this weekend is that everyone try their best and practice good sportsmanship. I wish the Chiefs and their fans a good, clean game and hope none of their players sustain any serious injuries.

We can all be winners!

A team from Philly met the team from Kansas City in another major championship league bout - the 1980 World Series.  Let's hope the city history repeats itself.

This Eagles team is like the 1983 Sixers. They we already great and then they got to add Bradbury, CJGJ, Suh, and Joseph.

The Lakers had 4 HoF players and got swept anyway. Mahomes is no Magic Johnson.

27 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

This Eagles team is like the 1983 Sixers. They we already great and then they got to add Bradbury, CJGJ, Suh, and Joseph.

The Lakers had 4 HoF players and got swept anyway. Mahomes is no Magic Johnson.

They were not great until they added the players this off season.

They were slightly above average.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

They were not great until they added the players this off season.

They were slightly above average.

What I said was that they were great before those players that I listed.

AJ Brown, Kyzir White, and Haasan Reddick were already on the team. Graham was back. Hurts was one of the most improved year 2 to year 3 players in NFL History.

They were already great in a 2022 context. They are now great in a historical context.

If you thought you were somehow teaching me about the 2021 Eagles then its your problem.

Archived