Super Bowl LVII lead up: Chiefs vs Eagles February 12, 2023

VaBeach_Eagle

21 minutes ago, Procus said:

I never wanted the Eagles to fire Reid.  Looking back, the team did him a favor.  Reid was getting stale here and was too caught up in the coaches fraternity thing which caused him all sorts of problems when he hired Howard Mudd to coach the OL and Jim Washburn the DL.  His playbook was stale too.  Moving on to KC allowed him to reinvent himself.

I always had a love/hate thing with Reid, since he did put the Eagles on the map as a respectable organization and a regular playoff contender.  But by the time Lurie let him go, I was definitely tired of some of the stubborn things he refused to change (clock management, never committing to running the ball, totally neglecting certain positions).  I felt bad for him though since his downfall coincided with some of his family tragedies that no doubt affected his ability to do his job.  I also think he stretched himself too thin when he had full personnel control as well. 

On 1/31/2023 at 2:07 AM, opa-opa said:

All the bitter 49er fans are rooting for the Chiefs lol.

They should be mad at their coach who for whatever reason keeps losing QBs under his watch. Scheme perhaps? 

I was just looking through the Super Bowl gear on Fanatics, and of course they have Hurts jerseys and t-shirts as well as A.J. Brown and DeVonta Smith. But also, they have Jason Kelce gear. How many centers get featured with Super Bowl gear like that? Might he be the first? 

13 hours ago, barho said:

Maybe I should have made my post here.....

Won season ticket holder lottery and heading out for the game.  Cant wait!

I'm going too!  If you hear of any good Eagles fans gathering places on Friday night or Saturday, let me know!

7 hours ago, Procus said:

I never wanted the Eagles to fire Reid.  Looking back, the team did him a favor.  Reid was getting stale here and was too caught up in the coaches fraternity thing which caused him all sorts of problems when he hired Howard Mudd to coach the OL and Jim Washburn the DL.  His playbook was stale too.  Moving on to KC allowed him to reinvent himself.

When he hired Juan Castillo to be the DC, I knew Reid had lost his mind and it was time for him to go.  That said, I've always had a tremendous amount of respect and appreciation for him.  He truly changed the Eagles' organization.

Big Red was transformational for the Eagles, to think otherwise is just churlish. Between him and Lurie, they completely transformed the Eagles. I think I saw the other day that only the Patriots have made more conference title games since 2000 than the Eagles. When you think of their success, that's an incredible stat

9 hours ago, judunno said:

They should be mad at their coach who for whatever reason keeps losing QBs under his watch. Scheme perhaps? 

Maybe they should try a running back under center 🥷

Andy was incredible. He built teams good enough to win the SB 5 times. They just screwed up on the field.

I loved the guy as coach / architect but even he knew that 14 years here was enough and time to move on.

Its worked out for everyone. Any clueless national media story about revenge or bad feelings is just stupidity.

6 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Andy was incredible. He built teams good enough to win the SB 5 times. They just screwed up on the field.

Well if the team he built kept coming up short on the field, maybe he didn't actually build a team good enough to win a Super Bowl 5 times.

He actually only built 1 team good enough to get to a Super Bowl.

32 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

I loved the guy as coach / architect but even he knew that 14 years here was enough and time to move on.

Its worked out for everyone. Any clueless national media story about revenge or bad feelings is just stupidity.

andy never stuck with what was working, that's the reason why we didnt make the superbowl 5 times, if he started running the ball more than throwing, we probably would have made the sb 5 times heck maybe won it in 2005, our receivers werent our strength before t.o came in, it was our running attack.

Jalen might have to actually complete some passes this game.. The last time he  had an actual good game passing the ball was against the Titans in the beginning of DEC

21 minutes ago, Swimm said:

Jalen might have to actually complete some passes this game.. The last time he  had an actual good game passing the ball was against the Titans in the beginning of DEC

Expect wrath from this lol the church of Hurts is always watching 

I was just looking over the Chiefs schedule and seeing the points scored and given up each game and as much as I don't like to think this way...... I think we are going to win by 2 scores+. 

4 hours ago, EaglesAddict said:

When he hired Juan Castillo to be the DC, I knew Reid had lost his mind and it was time for him to go.  That said, I've always had a tremendous amount of respect and appreciation for him.  He truly changed the Eagles' organization.

Lurie mentioned that in passing somewhere as one of the factors that led to his dismissal.  It was Andy's loyalty to a long time assistant that ultimately help cost him his job.

8 minutes ago, Captain F said:

I was just looking over the Chiefs schedule and seeing the points scored and given up each game and as much as I don't like to think this way...... I think we are going to win by 2 scores+. 

Scores against common opponents

image.png.64ed44359f0f76d184239a415872e77b.png

1 hour ago, Swimm said:

Jalen might NEED to actually complete some passes this game.. The last time he NEEDED TO HAVE A good game passing the ball was against the Titans in the beginning of DEC

I fixed your post for you......

Jesus some of you are just plain stupid.  They haven't even had to try and pass the way they are running up and down the field on teams.  And yes, Hurts missed on a deep throw to AJ last week, the wind was howling, I was watching the pants on a guy on the field and his pant legs were blowing back and forth like he was standing in a hurricane.  

Before all of you jump back on the Hurts isn't accurate, he can't pass, his shoulder is a problem....realize, most of the games Hurts "didn't pass in" were A) In awful weather B) They run up and down the field like there was no defense C) Had a huge lead and there was no need to pass D) All the above

My expectation, KC loads up upfront to stop the run, Hurts and the Eagles come out hurry up and pass their way down the field.  Nice dome stadium, no elements, and KC is not good at all against the pass.  Now...if Hurts throws a stinker and the Eagles lose the Super Bowl because he goes 16 for 32 with two INT's.....flame away!  And I'll be holding the match!

7 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

I fixed your post for you......

Jesus some of you are just plain stupid.  They haven't even had to try and pass the way they are running up and down the field on teams.  And yes, Hurts missed on a deep throw to AJ last week, the wind was howling, I was watching the pants on a guy on the field and his pant legs were blowing back and forth like he was standing in a hurricane.  

Before all of you jump back on the Hurts isn't accurate, he can't pass, his shoulder is a problem....realize, most of the games Hurts "didn't pass in" were A) In awful weather B) They run up and down the field like there was no defense C) Had a huge lead and there was no need to pass D) All the above

My expectation, KC loads up upfront to stop the run, Hurts and the Eagles come out hurry up and pass their way down the field.  Nice dome stadium, no elements, and KC is not good at all against the pass.  Now...if Hurts throws a stinker and the Eagles lose the Super Bowl because he goes 16 for 32 with two INT's.....flame away!  And I'll be holding the match!

Hurts has been hands down one of the best deep ball throwers in the league this year. Brian Baldinger said he’s been the best.

12 hours ago, judunno said:

Well, coaches better get used to the fact that QB who run a lot are going to get hurt.....lance was hurt running the ball.  And SF's O-line isn't great and the other 3 QB injuries happened on sacks.....

While the dual threat QB is exciting, you're putting the most important player on your team at additional risk when you have a stable of running backs.  I just think that is shortsighted.  Hurts is fun to watch, but he's been taking more hits and missed some game because of it.  Scrambling is ok, especially when he can control the hits by sliding......designed runs have the defense focused on him and in tighter lanes.

SF needs to improve their offensive line and train their QBs to rid of the ball sooner .  Purdy and Johnson held the ball too long and Garropolo kept fighting for yards with  DL on top on him.  But hey, sh-- happens.......sometimes the roof caves in.....

19 minutes ago, vaff said:

Hurts has been hands down one of the best deep ball throwers in the league this year. Brian Baldinger said he’s been the best.

Yep, and I expect him to do so in the Super Bowl.  At least opening up the game.  I think while the Eagles have had incredible success running, first series they come out passing all over the field.  They use the pass to then, open up the run.  Get up early (hopefully), then run not only to keep Mahomes off the field and chew up clock, but to still put points on the board.

PS...I can also see them trying an f load of screens to the RB's in the middle of the field, not those crappy WR screens!!

On 2/1/2023 at 6:44 AM, KINGnabb said:

I've honestly never had any beef with 49ers fans or team. I've been to San Francisco, it's a cool city too.   But after this loss they remind me of the Cowboys fans a little.  They are upset both of their QB's got knocked out the game.  I get it but Purdy got hurt on a routine strip and their backup wasn't good.  That's not the Eagles fault their QB situation was a mess this year and that came back to bite them in the NFC Championship.  The reason you are even playing a 3rd String Rookie is because your QB situation wasn't good.  But they decided to ride with him because he was winning.  There were plenty of QB's out there they could have got on the roster when Jimmy and Trey went down.  They choose to stay with a Rookie and Journey Man Josh. That's a huge risk to put everything on a 3rd String Rookie.  They should of have had a better contingency plan because injuries to QB's happen.  It was unfortunate but the Eagles shouldn't apologize for playing good Defense.   Again not the Eagles fault.  With that said, this Pass Rush has already become one of the Best in NFL History.  He was going to be pressured all day long regardless.

Losers always have an excuse. Just accept that you got beat by the better team and move on!

Archived