EMB Blog: 2023 Offseason - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

3 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

$250 plus the cost of YouTube subscriptions which is $62/month for 3 months then $73/month after the promotion

yeah i signed up for the TV but i believe the NFL package is a few days from signing up for if what i'm understanding is correct

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

I like Drew Sanders a lot.  Would bring some size and physicality to the LB room.  I'm still draft crushing on Ivan Pace.  He's Mychal Kendricks 2.0.  He was the one LB I wanted back in 2012 and was so excited when they got him. Pace is 5-11 230, Kendricks was 5-11 239.

Pace is a dog and would bring a much needed physicality and swagger to the defense.  Nakobe Dean is a cerebral LB who is never going to win battles based on physical play.  Pairing him with another short LB might not be ideal but Pace would more than make up for what Dean lacks.

Pace looks good in the box and attacking the RB and QB.  How is his coverage skill?  Running sideline to sideline, also down field with TE/receiver?

2 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Let It Go Indiana Jones GIF - LetItGo IndianaJones - Discover & Share GIFs

Lol you better brace yourself. Unlike Bijan, he’s actually a legit possibility for the Eagles. They highly value DT, they have a need there. And they have several Georgia players on the team who can give insight into him as a guy. And they were the first team to meet with him during this process. I don’t think that’s a coincidence.

I'd still be quite happy if Josh Downs is available as the Eagles pick at #94.  Little slot WR with agility and some explosiveness who could add to the offense and upgrade Watkins.

17 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Micah wrecked Driscoll on that final play of the game which forced Minshew to throw the ball early. Eagles could have won that if Minshew had maybe a second or so longer

Sorry,  Dwide. Micah lined up on the opposite end of the line from Driscoll on the Eagles last play from scrimmage. He got nowhere near Minshew.

I went and looked.

Yellow is Micah. Green is Driscoll.

84981403_2023-04-12(2).thumb.png.e87a93c87f33052e36ac1485f4941a3c.png

I would add that in my original post I spoke of the RPO. At this stage of the game, the RPO is out.

2 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

I don't know about that, Will Anderson is the best edge rusher since Myles Garrett. He's really really good. And IMO worth trading up for. Holy crap man, him and Reddick off the edge? Give me that for the long-term.

I hear you, three edge rushers in the top five last year. Schools are cranking out pass rushers. I’m not knocking Anderson but do you think he’s above travon walker last year? 

1 minute ago, garingovt2000 said:

Why is Alec Bohm batting 7th?

They’ll never move realmuto or schwarber down in the lineup. And stott, marsh, Turner and castellanos are all hitting well right now 

7 minutes ago, Allhaildawk said:

I hear you, three edge rushers in the top five last year. Schools are cranking out pass rushers. I’m not knocking Anderson but do you think he’s above travon walker last year? 

I do. Far above him. I would’ve taken Anderson #1 overall last year if he came out easily.

15 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

You fair weather fans better stop talking about the team.

Hot dog fight was the highlight last night 

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Hot dog fight was the highlight last night 

What's the blog think of Darnell Wright? Seems to check a lot of boxes -- freak athlete at his size, SEC, pretty good length (not elite though), T/G versatility. Kiper had him going 9th.

1 hour ago, just relax said:

Sorry,  Dwide. Micah lined up on the opposite end of the line from Driscoll on the Eagles last play from scrimmage. He got nowhere near Minshew.

I went and looked.

Yellow is Micah. Green is Driscoll.

84981403_2023-04-12(2).thumb.png.e87a93c87f33052e36ac1485f4941a3c.png

I would add that in my original post I spoke of the RPO. At this stage of the game, the RPO is out.

Then I misremembered the play, thanks for letting me know. But there was a drive where Driscoll was being destroyed, and I believe it was the final drive. It was affecting Minshew for sure

5 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

What's the blog think of Darnell Wright? Seems to check a lot of boxes -- freak athlete at his size, SEC, pretty good length (not elite though), T/G versatility. Kiper had him going 9th.

I heard he should be playing RT, and not LT at all.  

33 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

That guy could never handle Philly. He'll need a fresh new scene by rookie mini-camps. 

17 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

How would we feel about that?

Adebawore strikes me as very similar to Kancey, actually -- even though one lines up at DE and the other at DT.  Both are more quick than strong.  I wouldn't hate the pick per se, but I'd prefer someone like Foskey at #30 for DE.

31 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

How would we feel about that?

Don't like him one bit.  His tape doesn't match his testing at all.  Underwhelming prospect IMO.  

Archived