Connecticut Eagle

14 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

Is it Jay Wright time now in Philly?  

He's too smart to take the job.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Ben Simmons is so afraid of failing he faked COVID to avoid playing.

He's an anomaly.  

49 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

I get the temptation to gut the roster, but the return on trading embiid and harris will be nickles on the dollar

The return on trading Harris will be cap space.

If they rush to use that space this year, it wont be great. If they are patient, it can become something really good.

The return on Embiid is a difficult discussion to have. There are 2 schools of thought. Those who think you will never get equal value back when trading an MVP in his prime. And those who are more concerned about his playoff value (which is far less), and getting someone can be relied on to preform in the post-season is good value, as well as tons of draft picks to start the rebuild. Im sure there can be a lot of hypothetical packages that Id agree to trade Embiid for. I dont need a player equal to his regular season level of play. I need a guy who is available in the post-season and is just pretty darn good like someone on the level of Jimmy Butler or a Lillard. Not saying we get those guys just as a comparison of the level of player Id be willing to accept (with a package of 1st round draft picks).

49 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I don’t like to diagnose the problem.  I don’t know enough about Embiid personally.  It’s just necessary to acknowledge the problem.  Is he a bad leader?  Does he lack killer instinct?  Did he care more about MVP?  I really don’t know.  We can’t be certain to make those accusations.  Health definitely has been a huge (but perhaps not comprehensive) factor in this.

But the bottom line is that playoff Embiid <<<<< regular season Embiid.  Playoff Embiid is #2 on a championship team.

Im not going to hate him for it or question character/leadership etc.  It’s as simple as evaluating a jump shot or an offensive tackle’s pass protection.  Playoff Embiid is the second best player on any championship team and is not someone you rely on carrying you to wins.

They might not even have the assets to improve the supporting cast, but they DEFINITELY lack the assets to add an alpha to carry the load.

They can definitely improve the supporting cast. When Harden walks to Houston, and you trade Harris to a team with cap space you have max money available. Id be less concerned with adding back another star, and more focused on splitting that money between 2-3 good players to build a stronger starting 5 rather than a top heavy one with washed up and unreliable stars.

I think a big question regarding Embid moving forward is how much longer can you hitch yourself to a 30 year old big man with a consistent injury history?  Do they really think they can build a championship team around him over the course of the next 2-3 years?  They have limited resources and clearly, Harris is more concerned about the dollar than he is the trophy.  

Tyrese Maxey is 21 and ascending.  I don't think we've seen the best of him yet.  He's my only untouchable player.

5 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

If they rush to use that space this year, it wont be great. If they are patient, it can become something really good.

The return on Embiid is a difficult discussion to have. There are 2 schools of thought. Those who think you will never get equal value back when trading an MVP in his prime. And those who are more concerned about his playoff value (which is far less), and getting someone can be relied on to preform in the post-season is good value, as well as tons of draft picks to start the rebuild. Im sure there can be a lot of hypothetical packages that Id agree to trade Embiid for. I dont need a player equal to his regular season level of play. I need a guy who is available in the post-season and is just pretty darn good like someone on the level of Jimmy Butler or a Lillard. Not saying we get those guys just as a comparison of the level of player Id be willing to accept (with a package of 1st round draft picks).

Ugh, Jimmy Butler.  If only they had him.  

How long do you think Embid can stay in his prime?  I think with his size, injury history, playing style and age, his prime won't last very long.

Maybe having all this player access isn't the best thing? 

9 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Maybe having all this player access isn't the best thing? 

:facepalm:   WHILE he's on the field, during a game, let's ask him a potentially emotional question.   

And WHY do we need to have an interview with a player ON THE FIELD during the game, again?   What's the benefit for the fan?

13 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I bet the Sixers could get Ja Morant for pennies right now. 

When I first heard of him leading up to the NBA draft I thought they were saying John Morant.  I was confused why anyone would be named Ja.

We've come to realize Ja was short for jackass.

2 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Actually... it was.  Getting to the Super Bowl and World Series is very good.  Disappointing how both ended, especially the Super Bowl, given that they had a 10 point lead at halftime... but it was still a great season.  The Sixers, on the other hand, did exactly what they were being built NOT to do.  Yet another embarrassing second round exit was what they were built to avoid.

Got to agree.  Winning the NL and NFC is somehow bad?  If it is, then we are spoiled.

The  Sixers disappointed. But I would argue they did just what they were built to do. From the front office (basically rebuilding a failed Rockets team), to what was downright bad coaching. To Hardin’s disappearing accuracy in the playoffs. To Embiid’s fragility. Frankly, 76er dominance in the playoffs would be more surprising than the Phillies’ run last offseason. 

The new Blog is up.

Closing this in a few.

36 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

They will have to take back matching salary on Harris, no?

5 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

They will have to take back matching salary on Harris, no?

Correct unless there is a team under the cap that could fit that in which is highly unlikely

Archived