Moderation transparency

Moderator6

2 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Nah, they were just sad and pathetic individuals who brought nothing of real value to this board.

You should not cast stones in glass houses. As one of the biggest repeated race baiters over the years you are a prime example of one of the posters who should be long gone even well before any of the drama being discussed in this thread began.

But the score card reads 4-0 as the guys you have trolled have been suspended, yet here you are to continue insulting them after theyre gone.

• Like 1

Just now, Moderator6 said:

We do. 

See, I made this long thread in RnR to explain eve-- you know what, never mind :rolleyes:

you do. Not any of the posters who are guessing. 

man, the blog makes CVON look like a love fest in comparison. 

for shame. :nonono:

• Haha 4

Just now, Alpha_TATEr said:

not usually. A few guys came in and completely changed the tone.

13 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

You should not cast stones in glass houses. As one of the biggest repeated race baiters over the years you are a prime example of one of the posters who should be long gone even well before any of the drama being discussed in this thread began.

But the score card reads 4-0 as the guys you have trolled have been suspended, yet here you are to continue insulting them after theyre gone.

Agreed.

11 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

Is that where olsilverbag is at? You guys running a train on him? Don't disappoint the R&R crew

24 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

His story is that he had 5 points. He then got 6 more points all at once then which resulted in a ban. He got upset and posted on VA's personal youtube but quickly deleted it.

I think he had a lapse in judgement and thought better of it.

Wish he could get a second chance. He wasnt a troll.

He went off the deep end and stopped being a good poster a long time ago. It was the 4for4 effect. 

• Like 4

Where can we reunite with old pals?

2 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Where can we reunite with old pals?

PM prophet 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

His story is that he had 5 points. He made a post on one of VA's personal videos and quickly deleted it. But he was already caught and got whacked with another 6 points all at once. Which resulted in a ban.

I think he had a lapse in judgement and thought better of it.

Wish he could get a second chance. He wasnt a troll.

Wrong.  He had 7 total infractions (of varying points) dating back 2 years starting in February of 2021.  So no, it is not some recent thing.  These guys had long buildups, warnings and did not change.  Some of his earlier points expired, so he didn't learn his lesson he kept going. One of the warnings from 2 years ago was a horrible racist comment that got a lot of reports from people upset.  This from the guy who complained about race baiters of course.  You see why we say "enough is enough?"  You guys do NOT know what really goes on.  It's laughable reading the speculation about things.  You see we hide a lot of the really offensive posts, which is one reason the blog will wonder why someone got suspended or banned, or not see the whole story.  

He did get 7 points (not 6 for accuracy sake) all at once in the same day last Friday.  In addition to his attacks on VA both in the blog several times and the YT channel, he also in another post attacked someone for their religious beliefs.

This is the behavior that some of you guys are defending and telling us should allow to remain on the board?  Guys who post things blatantly racist, offensive to someone's religion, trolling all day, attacking VA including his personal email and YT channel where he uses income to support his sick mother?

Seriously?  You're defending this POS and complaining about the mods?

GTFO with that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

We get probably 98% of reports from the blog.  Just one topic in the entire board.  CVON, WU, RnR, etc. no problems. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Moderator6 said:

Wrong.  He had 7 total infractions (of varying points) dating back 2 years starting in February of 2021.  So no, it is not some recent thing.  These guys had long buildups, warnings and did not change.  Some of his earlier points expired, so he didn't learn his lesson he kept going. One of the warnings from 2 years ago was a horrible racist comment that got a lot of reports from people upset.  This from the guy who complained about race baiters of course.  You see why we say "enough is enough?"  You guys do NOT know what really goes on.  It's laughable reading the speculation about things.  You see we hide a lot of the really offensive posts, which is one reason the blog will wonder why someone got suspended or banned, or not see the whole story.  

He did get 7 points (not 6 for accuracy sake) all at once in the same day last Friday.  In addition to his attacks on VA both in the blog several times and the YT channel, he also in another post attacked someone for their religious beliefs.

This is the behavior that some of you guys are defending and telling us should allow to remain on the board?  Guys who post things blatantly racist, offensive to someone's religion, trolling all day, attacking VA including his personal email and YT channel where he uses income to support his sick mother?

Seriously?  You're defending this POS and complaining about the mods?

GTFO with that.

Now, thats the kind of transparency that helps keep these issues calm. When people know all of the details, a lot of that constant complaining could have been avoided.

Im not defending the guys. Especially not the stuff on VAs personal accounts.

Im just saying,  I think a lot could have been avoided. It never should have gone this far.

10 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Now, thats the kind of transparency that helps keep these issues calm. When people know all of the details, a lot of that constant complaining could have been avoided.

Im not defending the guys. Especially not the stuff on VAs personal accounts.

Im just saying,  I think a lot could have been avoided. It never should have gone this far.

You're right.  Individual posters that keep getting points and suspensions and bans should take responsibility and accountability for their continued behavior and not let things get that far.  Normally, we do not talk about what people did, how many points, etc.  I'm doing this because of all the complaints and requests.  We have given very specific details in the last year but that has not been enough.  For some of you, nothing is ever good enough and our efforts are wasted because you keep making the same claims despite what we already addressed.  That's why it's here in a pinned topic anyone can refer to to remove the speculation and guessing.

This will die down and we'll get back to usual.  You guys need to trust that we are moderating things on all "sides."  There are no "sides" to us, just behavior from posters that need moderation.

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Can I call the people that sent the screen shots from over there, "My people"? I've always wanted my own 'people'... makes me sound 'important' (or is that impotent :huh: )?

I told them that I wasn't involved in the reasons for being banned/suspended and had no idea about the history of what went on, so I wasn't going to just say "I HAVE THE POWERRRR!!!" (in my best He-Man voice) and reverse things that I have no information on (which I think was the expectation, that I'd just step in and reverse things unilaterally). That's what I tried to explain in the Blog to a couple of people the other day. I don't mod, so I don't know the details. Saying that was apparently, unacceptable. lol

As for his attack on me posting videos, I knew at the point that he tried to ridicule me on it in the blog, to expect harassment on my personal channel because the only video that I've posted that's an hour or more (on YouTube), was a Lord of the Rings video on my personal channel.

As I explained in the Blog, I make 'reaction videos'. I've never watched those particular movies, so I sat down one night (actually, it took multiple nights to watch the entire movie) and made a video. I started recording it on May 17th, 2022 and finished it on June 1st. 

With these videos, you have to edit them down and not use the entire show or movie (for YouTube). I began editing it (a 3+ hour video), in June of 2022. I just finished the editing and uploaded the final product, March 17th, 2023. So he ridiculed me for 'having the time' to do that and not moderate here... It took me 10+ months to make that one, 1 hour video, so yeah that proves that I have a ton of free time... :rolleyes:

Not all of the videos would take that time, though. That movie is a 3 hour movie though, and is a bit of a special case. I can watch an episode of Better Call Saul, or the Mandalorian or Obi Wan (for instance) in about 45 minutes then edit that video in 2 to 3 hours (resulting in a 20 to 30 minute video, most times) and while I'm editing, I'm also on the EMB in another screen, in my email and all of that. 

Yes, I take what time I can get, for that just like I do with the EMB. But I have people on Patreon (not 'my people', just people) that pay for my content (full length, unedited videos). So I have to take the time, when I can, to provide them with what they're paying for. They're 'buying' a product from me. I can't just not give it to them. As it is, there's weeks and even months where I can't post any new content, where I'd prefer to do it daily.

With everything that I'm responsible for though, I don't believe that I've ever shortchanged the EMB with regard to my time and performing what my role has been here, since day 1. If I have, any/everyone's free to chime in and let me know.

As an example of my time constraints, I started typing this post around 12:30 PM or so. But had to step away from the computer multiple times, then had to take my mother to the eye surgeon for her post-op checkup. So just posting this, took around 4 hours to complete. Taking that long also contributes to the long, rambling nature of it though... :huh: 

That's the only way that I have to know when someone wants me to read something, that or by quoting me. I might stumble across something, randomly, but I can't do a lot of thread reading right now. I do read some, here and there as time allows, but to see something that someone wants me to see specifically, I have to be notified or I just won't see it.

You should NOT feel obligated to explain yourself to anyone. If people are upset then they can leave. Thank you for creating all of this 

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Moderator6 said:

You're right.  Individual posters that keep getting points and suspensions and bans should take responsibility and accountability for their continued behavior and not let things get that far.  Normally, we do not talk about what people did, how many points, etc.  I'm doing this because of all the complaints and requests.  We have given very specific details in the last year but that has not been enough.  For some of you, nothing is ever good enough and our efforts are wasted because you keep making the same claims despite what we already addressed.  That's why it's here in a pinned topic anyone can refer to to remove the speculation and guessing.

This will die down and we'll get back to usual.  You guys need to trust that we are moderating things on all "sides."  There are no "sides" to us, just behavior from posters that need moderation.

Thisll all die down, and Ill be happy discussing football and staying out of trouble. Its just really hard to get past the 4-0 scorecard for RTKs side. In the end, thats what happened here. So its hard to trust. Did they do all of the stuff they got banned for? Yes. But did they receive proper protection? I dont believe so, and it only exacerbated the situation and made them more bold in effort to stand up for themselves. 

If handled differently, and more fairly, I believe some of them had a chance to stop short of getting banned.

In the future, it wont matter, because this is done. But... I was just trying to help see if we couldnt improve these procedures to result in less banns, and less guys flying off the deep end over it, and feeding that endless cycle until they are all gone. 

It ended 4-0.... and I saw that coming from before even one of them was banned. I just wanted to try to help avoid it.

I miss the days where James1234 would ask Dave Spadaro to remove his warning point. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Its just really hard to get past the 4-0 scorecard for RTKs side.

If he picks 3 to sacrifice would you declare a truce?

1 minute ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

You should NOT feel obligated to explain yourself to anyone. If people are upset then they can leave. Thank you for creating all of this 

Thanks, I appreciate it. It's ok though. They began their attacks though, so rather than allow them to control things (or feel as if they were), I opted to show everyone what they (whoever is included in 'they') were attempting to do. 

You can't allow 'bullies' to feel like they're winning or controlling anything. You have to expose them for what they are. Are all of the names that have been mentioned involved? I can't say. It may be a single individual. Maybe another individual aided him. Maybe 3 or 4 people. I don't know. But I put out the facts that are known to me, so that everyone can see and know what's going on. Transparency. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Its just really hard to get past the 4-0 scorecard for RTKs side. In the end, thats what happened here. So its hard to trust.

If it helps you sleep at night, Dum, 4for4, Toronto and undytaker were always team RTK to me.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Thanks, I appreciate it. It's ok though. They began their attacks though, so rather than allow them to control things (or feel as if they were), I opted to show everyone what they (whoever is included in 'they') were attempting to do. 

You can't allow 'bullies' to feel like they're winning or controlling anything. You have to expose them for what they are. Are all of the names that have been mentioned involved? I can't say. It may be a single individual. Maybe another individual aided him. Maybe 3 or 4 people. I don't know. But I put out the facts that are known to me, so that everyone can see and know what's going on. Transparency. 

I don’t think anyone with a life is worried about what anyone on this board says or thinks. 

I’m all for banning/suspending ppl who complain to the mods. Certain downunderkaren is a frequent visitor in the DMs 

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

It's pretty frustrating I want to defend myself here against these nonsense accusations that there is a group that I ringlead and I need to be banned because another actual group of coordinated posters trolled were hostile towards everyone to the point they got banned but I'm not allowed to do that or the mod will give me a warning point.  

At the rate things are going you’ll be banned by week’s end so just do what you gotta do. It’s inevitable 

• Like 1

Just now, EaglePhan1986 said:

How about this….

Unban everyone you’ve ever banned the morning of the draft… 

Why should they reward people who went after VA Eagle on his personal online platforms?  What message does that send?

Just now, RememberTheKoy said:

Why should they reward people who went after VA Eagle on his personal online platforms?  What message does that send?

I’m here for chaos… just like you