Moderation transparency

Moderator6

1 hour ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Were you the one who suspended me for telling a Yankee fan to get AIDS? 

I doubt it. I probably would have just removed the post. Did you ever notice posts just disappear?

13 hours ago, Moderator6 said:

DUM, 4for4, Toronto and others would tag me, send me quotes and screen shots via pm.  DUM kept screen shots of things from the old board going back years, it was creepy.  He stalked people he had problems with and reported them all the time.  These guys didn't get called snitches in the forums despite them quoting posts and tagging me.  

Hmm.

What the F***

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I doubt it. I probably would have just removed the post. Did you ever notice posts just disappear?

I did not. Then again I never really pay attention to such things. 

8 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

He got upset and posted on VA's personal youtube but quickly deleted it.

I think he had a lapse in judgement and thought better of it.

His comments were blocked by YouTube anyway as 'potentially inappropriate' pending my approval, so he and I were probably the only ones that could see them but I removed his ability to be seen in the comments anyway. So deleting them went unnoticed (by me) as they weren't visible anyway. 

Was it him that created a fake YouTube account using a current EMB users screenname in order to make it look like a different EMBer was also doing it or was it one of the others that did that?

Regardless though, if he decided to delete, that's appreciated. What's done is done, but the gesture is appreciated. 

8 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Wish he could get a second chance. He wasnt a troll.

If he even wants a second chance that decision, if even remotely possible, would be the Mods decision. 

I'm seriously offended that Mod 6 didn't dive into my being banned from CVON.  I was clearly in the right in that situation, but I was the bigger man and didn't make a big deal about it.  Think I would get some kind of acknowledgement of appreciation for my behavior?  Think again.  No, the EMB chooses to allow the lunatics to run the CVON asylum - a forum that was much better off with my wise counsel and direction. 

There, I've said my peace.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Moderator6 said:

DUM, 4for4, Toronto and others would tag me, send me quotes and screen shots via pm.  DUM kept screen shots of things from the old board going back years, it was creepy.  He stalked people he had problems with and reported them all the time.  These guys didn't get called snitches in the forums despite them quoting posts and tagging me.  

Hmm.

That's disturbing

4 hours ago, T-1000 said:

Nice try. I trolled NOBODY.

When people constantly throw out dog whistles and are so cowardly that they try to manipulate what they are actually doing they deserve to be called out. That's not race baiting, that's calling a spade a spade. The only ones who were race baiting were the ones who are gone.

As an African-American member of this board I have every right to speak up against that garbage and if you want to make excuses for those that do and call me out that is certainly your right and opinion. Your fighting for the wrong side though cuz. Then again, considering you think a man of color should have been banned from a message board for standing up to constant racist dog whistles maybe your idea of what the right side is is the issue.

False. 

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

False. 

Great retort. Like I said in the blog, learn from your buddies mistakes and stop with the nonsense.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Great retort. Like I said in the blog, learn from your buddies mistakes and stop with the nonsense.

I haven't participated in any of the nonsense. Not taking any advice from you.  You're wrong. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I haven't participated in any of the nonsense. Not taking any advice from you.  You're wrong. 

BS, You keep following me around two different threads trying to stir up trouble. Seriously, are you 15. Try acting like an adult and agree to disagree and leave crap be.

12 hours ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

😂

I’ll miss you 

That's the funniest thing I've read in awhile

8 hours ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Wow you’re white trash 

jk don’t tattle on me to the mods

He's English white trash 

3 hours ago, T-1000 said:

BS, You keep following me around two different threads trying to stir up trouble. Seriously, are you 15. Try acting like an adult and agree to disagree and leave crap be.

That is not true. 

7 hours ago, brkmsn said:

That wasn't possible at that time. I doubt that has changed. I mean, I guess you could mandate that to a specific member and make a memo on that for other mods to see and they could enforce it as an arrangement, but we didn't have the ability to manually place one member on another member's ignore list. Even if that was an option, that involves a feature that members have access to as well (They can choose to add or remove posters to or from their own lists at any time). 

Appreciate your and VA’s responses. I remember when the kids were young and would go at it, we would separate them and that usually cooled things down. Was just a thought.  

Not to speak for 6, I'm letting this be his forum while I crack an occasional joke to lighten things up, snice you touched on some admin stuff, I thought I'd jump in.

10 hours ago, BigEFly said:

1.  Sure seems that multiple reporters caused a bunch of the issues.  The mods virtually become aware from reporting but in turn the cause seems to be reporters and quite possibly leads to a conclusion there might be factions. I would like a bit more understanding on how multiple reporters are dealt with. Almost seems like there should be warning points for overreporting as it can be a form of bullying. 

The content of the actual report weighs in heavily.  If its someone who has a grudge with someone and sends multiple reports for begin posts, the reporter gets the warning.  Usually a few unofficial ones to knock it off but if they keep it up they get points.

2. Frankly, I liberally use the Ignore function and, except for Toronto, had the departed on ignore.  Don’t know if the platform affords any of these options but consider:

• If poster A reports poster B, in any way, report tool or PM, regardless of the outcome, automatically have as a result that poster A has poster B in ignore mode for a month. Multiple reports maybe more months or permanently. Can the Mods trigger an Ignore? 
  • If poster A and poster B both report each other both ignore each other for three months.

There is no option for that.  Would be nice.

3. Turn off emoji confused response. You can like, laugh or cry as a response. If you are truly confused, ask for clarification from the poster.  Never make a thumbs down emoji  enough negativity in this world  

We can add and remove reactions and change the reputation points they assign (-1, 0, 1).  Waaaaayyyyy back when we made a decision to not have negative reputation points because it would be very easy for a group of people to gang up and tank some ones reputation.  I think the confused crew fits that profile.

Now that the confused crew is gone, do you think the confused reaction would still be a problem in your eyes?  Outside of that group, was it being abused?

1 hour ago, BigEFly said:

Appreciate your and VA’s responses. I remember when the kids were young and would go at it, we would separate them and that usually cooled things down. Was just a thought.  

an old co-worker from a backwoods area nearby once told me that when her cousins were 11/12 years old, their parents had to tie them to separate trees to keep them from humpin' each other. idk why but your post just reminded me of that story. :lol:  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Could you impose ignore?  That was a big part of my question.

Think about it this way. Everyone here are adults posting for fun on a football message board.

We're spending energy trying to change the way the EMB has been for over 20 years...for a small group of a-holes who can't follow some simple guidelines. Can't step back when almost crossing a line. When someone else follows the guidelines & puts them on ignore they ask their buddies to quote them & tag the poster so they see the ignored poster. They coordinate in private message groups to target & harass certain posters. They post publicly the plan to go troll & hijack topics to ruin the experience for posters discussing football. 

The rules, configuration & setup of the site work just fine for over 1700 posters.

3 or 4 of them ignored multiple warnings, suspensions, bans/un-bans for years...and people want to change the site because of them?

Nah, we need to just get rid of people like that. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Procus said:

I'm seriously offended that Mod 6 didn't dive into my being banned from CVON.  I was clearly in the right in that situation, but I was the bigger man and didn't make a big deal about it.  Think I would get some kind of acknowledgement of appreciation for my behavior?  Think again.  No, the EMB chooses to allow the lunatics to run the CVON asylum - a forum that was much better off with my wise counsel and direction. 

There, I've said my peace.

I don't know what happened there, and honestly going into CVON is creepier than RnR. If I ever venture there I need a shower & therapy session afterwards. 😳

But seriously, @Moderator12 handled that and from what I recall your access was changed to prevent CVON? Ask 12 about it for more clarity. 

40 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

an old co-worker from a backwoods area nearby once told me that when her cousins were 11/12 years old, their parents had to tie them to separate trees to keep them from  humpin' each other. idk why but your post just reminded me of that story. :lol:  

:roll: WTF

I think you mods should change from numbers to letters - instead of calling each other 6, 12, etc, you could be letters like in Men in Black :excited:

Or at least put a 00 in front of your numbers 

11 hours ago, BigEFly said:

1.  Sure seems that multiple reporters caused a bunch of the issues.  The mods virtually become aware from reporting but in turn the cause seems to be reporters and quite possibly leads to a conclusion there might be factions. I would like a bit more understanding on how multiple reporters are dealt with. Almost seems like there should be warning points for overreporting as it can be a form of bullying. 

2. Frankly, I liberally use the Ignore function and, except for Toronto, had the departed on ignore.  Don’t know if the platform affords any of these options but consider:

• If poster A reports poster B, in any way, report tool or PM, regardless of the outcome, automatically have as a result that poster A has poster B in ignore mode for a month. Multiple reports maybe more months or permanently. Can the Mods trigger an Ignore? 
  • If poster A and poster B both report each other both ignore each other for three months.

3. Turn off emoji confused response. You can like, laugh or cry as a response. If you are truly confused, ask for clarification from the poster.  Never make a thumbs down emoji  enough negativity in this world  

1. It's in the pinned guidelines:

5. When you report a post, we’ll review it and take action if necessary.  Sometimes reports do not warrant any action and you may not hear a response.  Trust that we are reviewing them and keeping an eye on repeat offenders.  Overuse of the report function may result in action toward YOU: it’s the internet you also need to have thick skin.

Yes we're aware and it's obvious when someone is just overly reporting someone so we do give warnings to those people.  It doesn't happen that often.  A lot of the reports that we end up just closing without action are usually such minor things or petty or nitpicking.  I roll my eyes, close it and move on.  If someone like that is abusing the report function then they will get warned and I tell them to grow up it's the internet.  

2. The guidelines also talk about using the ignore feature as well - (it's almost like this stuff has been published and pinned for years yet people clearly don't read and follow)

4. If someone is bothering you: either don't reply, put them on ignore or tell them to stop.  If it continues, report them.  If you put someone on ignore, do not talk about them or instigate.  If you are put on ignore, do not ask others to quote your posts specifically so that person will see your post.  However, naturally you might see posts from someone you have on ignore from normal quoting. 

And even without the actual ignore function, if you simply ignore by not replying to someone (and don't mention them with others just literally ignore and don't talk about them), it often goes away.  If you're doing your part to avoid the conflict and the other person isn't, they will get the warnings if they continue.  If both are going at it, both will get the warnings.  It's really not that difficult for most people.

3. The confused emoji could be removed, and then posters that want to find the one that most conveys a negative or mocking reaction will choose sad, if we remove sad posters that want to mock or troll others will find another way.  At one point people were replying with giant obnoxious emoji gifs to every post of someone they were mocking.  They post memes, they will do something else. I mean it's the internet and people are going to trash talk each other.

Like I said before, how much effort and change is needed just because of a few people?  

1 hour ago, Moderator12 said:

Not to speak for 6, I'm letting this be his forum while I crack an occasional joke to lighten things up, snice you touched on some admin stuff, I thought I'd jump in.

By all means please jump in, for you are the Admin with god powers and I, a lowly mod.

:worthy:

1 hour ago, Moderator12 said:

Now that the confused crew is gone, do you think the confused reaction would still be a problem in your eyes?  Outside of that group, was it being abused?

The confused emoji has become a de facto thumbs down emoji, which is something the Board was actively trying to avoid. Remove it and be done with it.

The old board had it right - like or bust.

11 hours ago, T-1000 said:

Nice try. I trolled NOBODY.

When people constantly throw out dog whistles and are so cowardly that they try to manipulate what they are actually doing they deserve to be called out. That's not race baiting, that's calling a spade a spade. The only ones who were race baiting were the ones who are gone.

As an African-American member of this board I have every right to speak up against that garbage and if you want to make excuses for those that do and call me out that is certainly your right and opinion. Your fighting for the wrong side though cuz. Then again, considering you think a man of color should have been banned from a message board for standing up to constant racist dog whistles maybe your idea of what the right side is is the issue.

Nobody knows your race. Or mine. Or anyone else's. And it doesn't matter. It only matters what you type.

I'm an 87-year-old half Korean, half Azerbaijani woman with a gangrenous leg. None of that has kept me from being the reigning canasta champion in the east wing of my retirement home.

• Haha 2