**Official 76ers 2023-2024 Season Thread**

mr_hunt

I'm positive the hard cap restrictions for being over the apron have existed in the past. I remember reading about them years ago.  Around the time of Reddick tenure here. 

It was pertinent to us because we needed to get creative with timing of moves,  and renouncing cap holds off free agents to try to fit everything in. 

It's very hard to find anything on the hard cap. So few seem to know anything about the NBA cap. And teams try like he'll to avoid the hard cap, crap's often not necessary to discuss.

There's an athletic article on it which I can't read much of due to the pay wall. This is from 2020 so it's not about the new CBA.

https://theathletic.com/2251063/2020/12/11/danny-leroux-nba-hard-cap-q-and-a-what-is-it-why-does-it-exist/

8 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

They can't be 170 million over the cap

The 2022 NBA cap is 123 million they have a total cap of 235 million and taxed at an extra rate because repeating in the luxury tax. 

YET they signed Divincenzo to the MLE this year. 

Moving forward they won't have that option 

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

The 2022 NBA cap is 123 million they have a total cap of 235 million and taxed at an extra rate because repeating in the luxury tax. 

YET they signed Divincenzo to the MLE thi

You'll have to read up on the rules. 

There's more than just a repeater tax on the owners. There are major restrictive cap rules at that point. 

There's a hard cap, and restrictions on how you can even attempt to acquire players. Lots of tools are taken away at that point. 

2 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Nick Nurse it is.

Surprised there isnt more talk here

seems like a good hire. Now to see what harden does

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Surprised there isnt more talk here

seems like a good hire. Now to see what harden does

Gambo is out here saying the suns never offered nurse the job. Interesting cause I would’ve thought with where they suns are with KD and Booker needing to win within the next 2 maybe 3 years they wouldn’t wait on a young coach that may have some growing pains and ups and downs in the playoffs.

I tend to believe that they didn’t. One of the university of Arizona coaches was with the suns for a couple of years told me at the start of this that he believed they’d go a young assistant rather than a retread. Granted doc is still in the convo but everything is pointing to Kevin young. 

i like nurse. I do think he’ll get the sixers playing better defense and he’s more likely going to call players out and hold them more accountable. That’s part of his style. The thing sixers have to get through to him is he can’t run embiid and harden into the ground during the regular season like he tended to do in Toronto. Imo if the sixers don’t win a title with nurse it’s less likely to do with his coaching and more likely we don’t have the assets and cap to create a team good enough to get by teams like Boston, Milwaukee and even Miami. 

He seems like a pretty good hire. I feel like he was pretty good on the player development side of things along with the X's and O's. Some of these guys on the roster that looked cooked under Doc may pleasantly surprise us with Nurse running the show and develop into pretty good role players

With the Warriors GM stepping down, any chance of Klay Thompson becoming available? He is 33 and in his last year of his contract. 

21 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

With the Warriors GM stepping down, any chance of Klay Thompson becoming available? He is 33 and in his last year of his contract. 

At 44 or so million and his elite defense has fallen off. He is pretty much a spot up shooter at this point, hard pass 

13 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

At 44 or so million and his elite defense has fallen off. He is pretty much a spot up shooter at this point, hard pass 

Yeah he’s really not the same player he was before those injuries. Loved klay prior to the acl and Achilles. Now he’s a mediocre defender and he really can’t beat you off the dribble consistently. Frankly warriors are gonna get into a bad contract with him cause they want to do right by him for what he’s accomplished and i think he tries to get a big contract as it’s his last. Not a major reason but partially think Myers is willing to leave cause he sees the writing on the wall with the warriors going forward. 

11 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

I'll be honest, I don't see it. Two tiny guards and below average defenders 

7 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I'll be honest, I don't see it. Two tiny guards and below average defenders 

tobi & maxey for o.g. & siakam....we gonna be jojo & the raptorzzzzz

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Never gonna happen but it’s fun to play with lol

IMG_7676.jpeg

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

Think mentioned OG for Maxey is a hood deal for both teams

23 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Never gonna happen but it’s fun to play with lol

IMG_7676.jpeg

Raptors won that. Hell if Sixers can somehow steal Eason back from the Rockets would be a massive steal. I love his game. 

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Raptors won that. Hell if Sixers can somehow steal Eason back from the Rockets would be a massive steal. I love his game. 

Yeah i thought the raptors did too. It’s a good deal for them. Only way the sixers are getting OG is giving up maxey. Only way portland is getting siakam is to give up 3 and either sharpe or Simons. I’m guessing they’d choose to keep Simons. Harden to houston in a sign and trade doesn’t have to happen but I’m guessing a team  wants the trade exception that would come with that. Again highly unlikely but i think you could see something like a 4 team deal to get something of that nature done if the sixers wanted FVV and OG