**Official 76ers 2023-2024 Season Thread**

mr_hunt

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I liked Vogel, I think he got a sheety deal with the Lakers 

But is he even better than Joerger who is already on our bench?

I dont mind interviewing a whole bunch of candidates. But thats one of the less whelming names in the search.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HazletonEagle

• DaEagles4Life

• e-a-g-l-e-s eagles!

• Khani1

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

But is he even better than Joerger who is already on our bench?

I dont mind interviewing a whole bunch of candidates. But thats one of the less whelming names in the search.

I'm not saying he is better than so and so but, he is not the worst choice out there imo. Better than D'Antoni at least 

8 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm not saying he is better than so and so but, he is not the worst choice out there imo. Better than D'Antoni at least 

yeah. I think everyone is better than D'Antoni. Unless they trade Embiid and let Harden do and rebuild it with speed, athleticism, and 3 point shooting. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

nice. LeBron is going home.

I'm not even mad, didn't think the Lakers would go this far and the nuggets are just a great team. 

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm not even mad, didn't think the Lakers would go this far and the nuggets are just a great team. 

I'm just happy because it seems like the NBA tampered there to help him/them.

It's a screw you too Silver that they lost. 

• Like 1

Also, let Jokic go win a title before Embiid. Maybe that will motivate Embiid to care about winning one too then. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I'm just happy because it seems like the NBA tampered there to help him/them.

It's a screw you too Silver that they lost. 

Pretty much, and the best player they got out of those trades was horrific and needed to be benched. To late for that though. 

2 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i think the lakers could use a guy like harden. :whistle: 

They are gonna sign kyrie so different form of unreliable. 

• Sad 1

Imagine how different things would be if this team still had Butler and Mikal Bridges. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

i think they need harden...we'll take reaves & rui, i guess. 

10 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

nah.

How would It be even possible from a cap or compensation perspective? 

For all the discussion about what the 76ers should do, they really only have one path to take (baring something bizarre, such as Lebron or pulling a rabbit out of their hat with a 5 team trade that nets a superstar).  With all reasonable options, there is only one path.  We all may not like it, but it is what it is.

1. Fire the coach.  Something needs to change...and that can be changed.

2. Don't trade Embiid.  His playoff flaws are well documented and no team offers both Embiid the chance to win and meaningful re-buildable assets to the 76ers.  It's a great movie with a bad ending.  And we have no choice but to keep watching it.

3. Retain Harden.  He's lost 3 steps.  The contract will be an albatross.  And for what remains of Embiid's days as a superstar, the 76ers will be unquestionably worse without Harden than with him.  So if you are going to ride out Embiid, you've got to give Harden the bad contract that no one wants to give him.

4.  Shuffle the deck chairs and enjoy the trip on the Titanic until it sinks.  Maybe this time the iceberg won't be there.  Trade Harris.  Don't trade Harris.  I don't really know or care.  Sign a couple players most of us have never heard of that have a different profile of strengths and weaknesses than the current guys.  

We know they cannot and will not blow up the whole thing when they don't even control their own draft picks for the rest of this decade.  

39 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

nah.

He has one more year with the Lakers then he goes where his kid goes. 

4 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

My worst nightmare lol. Although I would have preferred kyrie over D'Angelo god he was horrific 

6 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

call his bluff, tell him to go talk to houston and get back to them. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Morey doesn't need to be tricked he will give him 4/175

• Angry 1

53 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

For all the discussion about what the 76ers should do, they really only have one path to take (baring something bizarre, such as Lebron or pulling a rabbit out of their hat with a 5 team trade that nets a superstar).  With all reasonable options, there is only one path.  We all may not like it, but it is what it is.

1. Fire the coach.  Something needs to change...and that can be changed.

2. Don't trade Embiid.  His playoff flaws are well documented and no team offers both Embiid the chance to win and meaningful re-buildable assets to the 76ers.  It's a great movie with a bad ending.  And we have no choice but to keep watching it.

3. Retain Harden.  He's lost 3 steps.  The contract will be an albatross.  And for what remains of Embiid's days as a superstar, the 76ers will be unquestionably worse without Harden than with him.  So if you are going to ride out Embiid, you've got to give Harden the bad contract that no one wants to give him.

4.  Shuffle the deck chairs and enjoy the trip on the Titanic until it sinks.  Maybe this time the iceberg won't be there.  Trade Harris.  Don't trade Harris.  I don't really know or care.  Sign a couple players most of us have never heard of that have a different profile of strengths and weaknesses than the current guys.  

We know they cannot and will not blow up the whole thing when they don't even control their own draft picks for the rest of this decade.  

assuming they re-sign harden, it would make sense to shop maxey for a wing, imo. i like maxey but they have such trash at the wings & he's the only real trading chip they have to possibly get one. 

Just now, mr_hunt said:

assuming they re-sign harden, it would make sense to shop maxey for a wing, imo. i like maxey but they have such trash at the wings & he's the only real trading chip they have to possibly get one. 

This has been my theory for the most likely offseason moves.  I'm guessing Maxey goes in a deal including Demar Derozan.  Every time they've tried to surround Embiid, they've gotten older.  I don't see why this would be any different.  Chicago is looking to build around Levine as the alpha, which means Demar has to go. It all just seems to fit.  I haven't looked to see what other wings might be available though.

11 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

This has been my theory for the most likely offseason moves.  I'm guessing Maxey goes in a deal including Demar Derozan.  Every time they've tried to surround Embiid, they've gotten older.  I don't see why this would be any different.  Chicago is looking to build around Levine as the alpha, which means Demar has to go. It all just seems to fit.  I haven't looked to see what other wings might be available though.

i'd hope it would be someone more exciting than derozen...but yeah, he seems like the type of guy they'll get. 

1 hour ago, Shepard Wong said:

Yeah I’m not dealing maxey for a 34 year old derozan on the last year of his contract. That’s a bad trade that’ll haunt them forever. Add on defensively he’s been mediocre to even below average the last couple years. This is the last four years for derozan defensively 

IMG_7502.thumb.jpeg.5d1fb9e08d2fb4c46801c5e775e6c9d1.jpeg
Id add he doesn’t help you with spacing the floor as he’s a poor 3 point shooter. He’s a career 29.1% shooter. IMG_7567.thumb.jpeg.46d9e62da94f05377dc962ec9e9b2826.jpeg