**Official 76ers 2023-2024 Season Thread**

mr_hunt

Imagine if Portland gets no. 1. Got to imagine lillard would be thrilled. 

annnnnd they didn’t…

The nba didn’t want tanking. Meanwhile the spurs did exactly that last offseason to potentially get wemb and got him. Lol. 

18 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Spurs. Hornets are a crap run organization 

The Charlotte angle was to give it to Jordan so he wouldn’t sell the team, but yeah.

I wonder if a sucky D'Antoni  hire would at least motivate Embiid to get lean again, like when he was a rookie. 

Jokic in one quarter better than Embiid in Game 7. 8 points, 12 Rebounds, 5 Assists

22 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

there's an nba thread for all the jokic fluffing.

Lol. Was right last year being the MVP and if didn't give up the last 2 months he probably 3 peats. 

They are really creative on how they use Jokic. Embiid needs to be more of a playmaker when he did those pass offs to Redick a few years ago 

19 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Lol. Was right last year being the MVP and if didn't give up the last 2 months he probably 3 peats. 

They are really creative on how they use Jokic. Embiid needs to be more of a playmaker when he did those pass offs to Redick a few years ago 

I’d argue the nuggets starting lineup is significantly better than the sixers starters. Allows the nuggets to do a lot of different things. They have less limitations

Id easily take murray (when healthy) over harden at this point in his career. 

maxey over KCP

MPJ over harris

AG over tucker (AG is much better than what he was a couple years ago). 

whats funny is HE and I for weeks said if MPJ fell to 10 in that draft they should take him as he was a top 3 talent without the back issue. The risk was worth it considering where they were picking. Instead they drafted and traded bridges and got nothing out of it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’d argue the nuggets starting lineup is significantly better than the sixers starters. Allows the nuggets to do a lot of different things. They have less limitations

Id easily take murray (when healthy) over harden at this point in his career. 

maxey over KCP

MPJ over harris

AG over tucker (AG is much better than what he was a couple years ago). 

whats funny is HE and I for weeks said if MPJ fell to 10 in that draft they should take him as he was a top 3 talent without the back issue. The risk was worth it considering where they were picking. Instead they drafted and traded bridges and got nothing out of it. 

More last year with the roster he had, but still 14 Assists tonight and makes it so easy for others 

3 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

More last year with the roster he had, but still 14 Assists tonight and makes it so easy for others 

joker is a great player. Not gonna argue he’s not. He’s clearly a top 3 player on the league. Like you said makes it easier for other players around him.

the thing is the Nuggets have done a good job surrounding him with the pieces that actually fit around him. Their pieces fit way better to what you are doing with him than the sixers pieces. The reason the Nuggets were not a title contender the last two years was because Murray wasn’t playing well even before he had the injury in 2020-21. Then he got hurt missed the 2021 playoffs and then he missed all of last year. They missed him as their second star. Once he got back to this form it allowed for MPJ and AG to go back into their roles. As well as they’ve developed more as well 

Murray is a massive difference maker with that nuggets team. He’s playing like he did pre-injury in the bubble. It’s huge when you have murray able to give you 31 tonight. He’s averaging 26.3 in the playoffs. He’s a legitimate second star. In the two years murray missed the nuggets for swept by the suns in the second round and lost in the first round 4-1 to the warriors. Last 2 playoffs with Murray and Jokić they got to at least the WCF.  

I will argue this till the end of time the only time the 76ers had a consistent second star player that could be paired with embiid that was playing at a high-level like Murray was Jimmy Butler. Harden is broken down and can do it 1-2 times in a series but he’s a shell of what he used to be. Ben was a fraud. Frankly, the roster construction for the Sixers for the majority of the time we’ve had embiid has been poor and clunky fits 

These are the starting lineups the sixers have had since 2017-18 (first playoffs) 

17-18: Simmons-Covington-Saric-reddick- embiid

18-19: Simmons-reddick-butler-Harris- embiid

19-20: Simmons-Richardson-Harris-horford-embiid

20-21: Simmons-curry-green-Harris-embiid

21-22: harden-maxey-green-Harris-embiid

22-23: harden-maxey-Harris-tucker-embiid

If harden was rockets harden i could see better results for last 2 years but he isn’t. 

12 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

3rd pick, Simons, Sharpe and future 1sts for Embiid. 

DO IT! 

Here is your message board leader, pounding away at his little keyboard, trying to look smart. This is the most stupid post of the thread. Children on sports forums, and their little gang that follows them.🤣💩🤣

NC_the_little_rascals_mar_140903_16x9_1600.jpg

11 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

there's an nba thread for all the jokic fluffing.

I don't think 21 rebounds 14 assists and 34 points in the WCF really needs much fluffing anyway.

• Haha 1

Just now, Talonblood said:

Here is your message board leader, pounding away at his little keyboard, trying to look smart. This is the most stupid post of the thread. Children on sports forums, and their little gang that follows them.🤣💩🤣

NC_the_little_rascals_mar_140903_16x9_1600.jpg

Oh this bozo with I want Bud because look guys his winning percentage. It's high and high mean good

• Haha 1

i'm in the coping stage of grief right now & trying to convince myself that MDA's offense could be a great fit for maxey & would limit all the slow a** possessions with harden or embiid holding the ball for 10 seconds before forcing up shots to beat the shot clock. MDA is mainly running, cutting, & quick shots, right?  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

You thinking they do Jordan a solid and ramp up the team value with Wemby when he's selling the team? 

Or this. The Jordan angle was an interesting theory. My first instinct was the Spurs, and it turned out to be correct. The NBA desperately wants that franchise to be relevant again. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i'm in the coping stage of grief right now & trying to convince myself that MDA's offense could be a great fit for maxey & would limit all the slow a** possessions with harden or embiid holding the ball for 10 seconds before forcing up shots to beat the shot clock. MDA is mainly running, cutting, & quick shots, right?  

Regular season Maxey would be a monster but the game becomes a half court game in the playoffs. Not his strong suit 

16 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Agreed.  Last night I was even like what if embiid is motivated to get slim again!

8 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Regular season Maxey would be a monster but the game becomes a half court game in the playoffs. Not his strong suit 

i can settle for regular season watchability....i'm used to them sucking in the playoffs. 

This thread reads more like a survivors of abuse thread than a basketball team fan thread.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I've decided I'm all in on the idea of hiring Nick Nurse. Someone who can actually make in game adjustments would be nice.

I've also resigned myself to the fact that we are getting MDA + Harden. 

• Like 4