**Official 76ers 2023-2024 Season Thread**

mr_hunt

Dude didn't hold back 

Don’t stop with Doc Rivers. Time to burn the Philadelphia 76ers to the ground

Beneath the mental fragility that led to the Sixers’ humiliating playoff exit is a gutless, joyless organization that is betraying their devoted fans. Only a scorched-earth rebuild will do. 

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2023/may/18/philadelphia-76ers-rebuild-owners-joel-embiid-trade

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HazletonEagle

• DaEagles4Life

• e-a-g-l-e-s eagles!

• Khani1

8 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Dude didn't hold back 

Don’t stop with Doc Rivers. Time to burn the Philadelphia 76ers to the ground

Beneath the mental fragility that led to the Sixers’ humiliating playoff exit is a gutless, joyless organization that is betraying their devoted fans. Only a scorched-earth rebuild will do. 

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2023/may/18/philadelphia-76ers-rebuild-owners-joel-embiid-trade

It's a must at this point, but he won't let his investment lose the value. He's 29 like the article says and he's never going to win in Philly. I don't know what they could get for him, but the current GM isn't the guy to handle something like that. All he knows how to do is trade for big stars that never work. 

23 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

It's a must at this point, but he won't let his investment lose the value. He's 29 like the article says and he's never going to win in Philly. I don't know what they could get for him, but the current GM isn't the guy to handle something like that. All he knows how to do is trade for big stars that never work. 

Embiid would still command a ton and Portland has everything a team would want to rebuild. A high pick, a young potential Jaylen Brown type wing, and a bonifde bucket getter. 

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bryantoporek/2023/05/16/the-phoenix-suns-could-give-the-sixers-a-james-harden-lifeline/?sh=617655a9396a

I guess the suggestion is sign and trade Harden for Paul. Keep Harris this year.  Next summer Paul and Harris expire giving us a ton of space for a big free agent. 

Find that 3rd team that wants Ayton, unfortunately that isn't a long list. 

19 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Find that 3rd team that wants Ayton, unfortunately that isn't a long list. 

I could see the warriors potentially wanting to if someone would take their Jordan poole contract so have to expand the trade. Actually had someone on uofa coaching staff (used to work in nba) tell me  ayton for poole is a discussion between the two teams. Take it for what it’s worth 

26 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bryantoporek/2023/05/16/the-phoenix-suns-could-give-the-sixers-a-james-harden-lifeline/?sh=617655a9396a

I guess the suggestion is sign and trade Harden for Paul. Keep Harris this year.  Next summer Paul and Harris expire giving us a ton of space for a big free agent. 

Actually posted this article to DaEagles4life a couple days ago. It makes sense if you believe you can get a star next offseason with the max space. The only real star available in FA next year is jaylen brown. Which would love to get with embiid and maxey but i don’t see it happening. Looking at that FA class of 2024 it’s also not great.

If embiid asks to be trade (i don’t see the sixers doing an embiid trade unless he asks) I’m with @DaEagles4Life on going to portland. I’d shoot for this. I don’t know if Portland goes for it but that’s what I’d ask for to start 

IMG_7479.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

If big free agents actually came here I'd say go for it. 

15 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

If big free agents actually came here I'd say go for it. 

yeah...

on the other hand, you have to free up cap space if youre ever going to make a big trade for someone again too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If embiid asks to be trade (i don’t see the sixers doing an embiid trade unless he asks) I’m with @DaEagles4Life on going to portland. I’d shoot for this. I don’t know if Portland goes for it but that’s what I’d ask for to start 

IMG_7479.jpeg

A bit of high risk because the centerpiece if a kid that won't turn 20 until the end of the month. 

His last ten games of the season were crazy though 23.7 points, 6.1 rebounds and 4.1 assists with a 37.8 percent three-point shooting clip on 8.2 attempts. 

When is last time Sixers had an athlete of this caliber 

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

It's a bit of a high risk because the centerpiece is Sharpe, who won't turn 20 until May 30th.

His last ten games of the season were crazy though 23.7 points, 6.1 rebounds and 4.1 assists with a 37.8 percent three-point shooting clip on 8.2 attempts. 

I’d do it cause Herro and bam with Miami picks is just treading water and you aren’t in a full rebuild. You are going to be good enough to make the playoffs but not good enough to win anything. And not bad enough to be picking high enough to get a star. 

the Knicks have a boatload of picks from other teams but almost all have protections and the best ones in the pistons and wizards (likely become second rounders) that they own likely never convert or if they do are middle or early 20s of the first. Knicks have a 1-4 if bucks first converts. No chance the bucks are 1-4 unless giannis leaves so that’s not likely converting the way you’d like. Basically would need knicks picks from 2026-30 that are unprotected and I’m not thrilled with the players they’d receive back.

i think portland you get potential upside with sharpe and no. 3. Plus when Portland declines in 2026-30 you’d get those picks or a swap.  

2 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

A bit of high risk because the centerpiece if a kid that won't turn 20 until the end of the month. 

I'd say maybe igudala

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’d do it cause Herro and bam with Miami picks is just treading water and you aren’t in a full rebuild. You are going to be good enough to make the playoffs but not good enough to win anything. And not bad enough to be picking high enough to get a star. 

the Knicks have a boatload of picks from other teams but almost all have protections and the best ones in the pistons and wizards (likely become second rounders) that they own likely never convert or if they do are middle or early 20s of the first. Knicks have a 1-4 if bucks first converts. No chance the bucks are 1-4 unless giannis leaves so that’s not likely converting the way you’d like. Basically would need knicks picks from 2026-30 that are unprotected and I’m not thrilled with the players they’d receive back.

i think portland you get potential upside with sharpe and no. 3. Plus when Portland declines in 2026-30 you’d get those picks or a swap.  

And the 3rd pick is getting a kid with high upside. 

I would look in direction of Amen Thompson, Cam Whitmore or Jarace Walker. I am not a Brandon Miller fan, if spending the 3rd pick I want upside and don't see it with Miller. 

11 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

And the 3rd pick is getting a kid with high upside. 

I would look in direction of Amen Thompson, Cam Whitmore or Jarace Walker. I am not a Brandon Miller fan, if spending the 3rd pick I want upside and don't see it with Miller. 

Was a report that miller’s interviews haven’t gone well on top of it. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Was a report that miller’s interviews haven’t gone well on top of it. 

Go watch a highlight reel of him. It's 15 minutes of 3 pointers. His play in the last month of the was horrible. 

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Go watch a highlight reel of him. It's 15 minutes of 3 pointers. His play in the last month of the was horrible. 

Yeah i watched bama all year. I wouldn’t take him for everything that happened off the court. He was dumb even if he is not being charged. Plus i just don’t think he’s gonna be a star like other think 

11 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

spacer.png

25 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

tanking for Buzelis in 2024!

Cooper Flagg is better and worth waiting for. Playing on USA U17 team and the best player at 15.

• Like 1

Apparently Doc's staff blames Harden for the firing, despite Morey taking credit for it at his PC.

Wonder how much impact this has on the coaching search when the player, who you know is a partier, gets coddled by the GM and ownership and they are willing to let a coach go for him.