GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ Washington Commanders, 10-29-23, 1PM EST

EagleJoe8

On 10/29/2023 at 4:20 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Random thought, I'm glad the servers haven't crashed during game in a long time. 

I remember back in the day whenever anything huge would happen the boards would crash.

Those were the days.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, EagleFan85 said:

I remember back in the day whenever anything huge would happen the boards would crash.

Thinking back on a couple of instances... our loss to the Bucs in the NFCCG crashed the boards so hard, it didn't come back for a couple of weeks.  When it did, the Eagles had upgraded to the Invision platform (which is what we use here). 

Also, the day (in 2004) we signed Kearse and I think Trotter (on the same day maybe?), the boards crashed... then later that same summer when we got Owens.

10 minutes ago, EagleFan85 said:

Those were the days.

17 hours ago, Infam said:

Nah, that‘s not true. It‘s just if a rookie makes a mistake he‘s green, if a veteran makes a mistake he‘s too old and everyone in between is just no good. 😄

People jump to these hot takes all the time when in reality this position is one of the hardest to play in all sports.

I know what you mean and I do agree to an extent but I think both Bradberry and Slay have struggled more this year. And to be honest they are over 30 and that’s what you kind of expect.

14 hours ago, Penn7980 said:

WASH seems always to play the Eagles well.  These plays work against our defense and now all other teams would copy them.  Granted not all teams have the personnel to excuse these plays, but the good ones would.  Our coaches have to devise something to counter these plays.

As much as the 4th & 1 play works well in most of time, it is important that they have variation out the same formation likes yesterday.  With variety, the play will continue to see success.

I think to be honest Washington found a way to play us and it worked with tremendous success against our defense. But their personnel is not very good and that’s my bigger overall concern.

I have to say I do think they wasted that clever 4th and 1 play which took Swift in for the TD. They should have kept that play hidden away for another time.

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I have to say I do think they wasted that clever 4th and 1 play which took Swift in for the TD. They should have kept that play hidden away for another time.

Makes me think they got more.

Revealing it now does increase our Shove chances though as this is now a possibility others need to account for. I‘m all for giving opposing defenses as much to think about as possible.

1 hour ago, Infam said:

Makes me think they got more.

Revealing it now does increase our Shove chances though as this is now a possibility others need to account for. I‘m all for giving opposing defenses as much to think about as possible.

I'd love for them to get to 3rd and 1....line up in the tush push with AJ and Smith both in...at the snap, send them both off streaking down the field and see if you could take a deep shot.

Archived