GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ Washington Commanders, 10-29-23, 1PM EST

EagleJoe8

10 minutes ago, Aspiritfall said:

Penny can't be worse than Gainwell I don't get why this coaching staff is so in love with him... He's turrible 

Boston Scott was playing well when he had his chances as well. Swift, Penny, Gainwell, Scott is serviceable. I think upgrade to slot CB or pass rush would be more valuable to this team. Can never have too many pass rushers

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

The 49ers are not a threat, that is why rooting for them against dallas was the smart thing

They are still dangerous when they get Deebo back, but losing these threee winnable games really hurt them in playoff positioning.

12 minutes ago, Appalachian_Eagle said:

Boston Scott was playing well when he had his chances as well. Swift, Penny, Gainwell, Scott is serviceable. I think upgrade to slot CB or pass rush would be more valuable to this team. Can never have too many pass rushers

If something is going on with Penny I think rb is a need... People might not agree but Gainwell has been a liability... We're 8 games into the season and he has shown absolutely nothing I don't understand why they stick with him... Gainwell doesn't deserve carries 

4 minutes ago, EagleFan85 said:

Still struggling with the idea of Sam Howell putting on a passing clinic most of the day.

Hurts was putting on a show as well. Burrow just went 28 of 32. 

I think as the season goes on QBs shake off the rust and become harder to stop.

1 minute ago, opa-opa said:

They are still dangerous when they get Deebo back, but losing these threee winnable games really hurt them in playoff positioning.

I'm loving watching the 9ers struggle... I never used to mind San Fran but after the NFCCG all the whining? I've never seen a team cry so much... But we didn't have social media back in the day so maybe there were bigger cry babies but damn San Fran take the L professionally 

17 minutes ago, Aspiritfall said:

If something is going on with Penny I think rb is a need... People might not agree but Gainwell has been a liability... We're 8 games into the season and he has shown absolutely nothing I don't understand why they stick with him... Gainwell doesn't deserve carries 

True but is it more pressing of a need than CB, pass rusher, or even LB. It’s impossible to address all needs at the deadline so if you had to choose one position to bolster what would you choose?

Just now, Appalachian_Eagle said:

True but is it more pressing of a need than CB, pass rusher, or even LB. It’s impossible to address all needs at the deadline so if you had to choose one position to bolster what would you choose?

I agree for sure but I think it would be easier to get a running back than a cb... You would probably have to find a trade partner that has a long shot at playoffs and even at that most teams wouldn't want to give up a decent cb and if they are willing it's probably because they are getting a decent return... A better complimentary rb would be impactful if they are producing and keeping drives alive... Gainwell is a drive killer 

The issue with the 49ers is Purdy.  He thinks he is Mahomes or something.  Not being smart because he has the best running back in the game right next to him and won’t throw him the ball.  You would think Shanahan would straighten him out.

1 minute ago, Aspiritfall said:

I agree for sure but I think it would be easier to get a running back than a cb... You would probably have to find a trade partner that has a long shot at playoffs and even at that most teams wouldn't want to give up a decent cb and if they are willing it's probably because they are getting a decent return... A better complimentary rb would be impactful if they are producing and keeping drives alive... Gainwell is a drive killer 

Fair enough. Who are some decent RBs on the market right now that would be cheap and an upgrade over our current backups?

Just now, Appalachian_Eagle said:

Fair enough. Who are some decent RBs on the market right now that would be cheap and an upgrade over our current backups?

Honestly I have no idea but Howie comes up with trades we don't see coming... Realistically I don't see us trading for a rb but the very least they can do is give Penny or Scott a few carries and see what they can do... We have seen more than enough of Gainwell 

1 minute ago, Aspiritfall said:

Honestly I have no idea but Howie comes up with trades we don't see coming... Realistically I don't see us trading for a rb but the very least they can do is give Penny or Scott a few carries and see what they can do... We have seen more than enough of Gainwell 

Agreed. I think the more we could improve the defense, the better off we will be. The RB situation could be solved simply by giving Penny and Scott more opportunities 

45 minutes ago, Aspiritfall said:

That was a fancy, pretty acrobatic touchdown Gainwell scored last week. He’s had his moments throughout his time with the Eagles. Just now everyone is pissed about today’s fumble.

12 minutes ago, jwmiii said:

That was a fancy, pretty acrobatic touchdown Gainwell scored last week. He’s had his moments throughout his time with the Eagles. Just now everyone is pissed about today’s fumble.

I was definitely pissed about the fumble for sure but Gainwell is just not good plain and simple... No vision no burst... He's a below average rb 

This game brings our all time record vs. the Redskins/Commies to 89-85-5 in the Redskins/Commies favor. All we have to do is sweep them for 2 more years and then win the next one in year 3 and we take the lead. 

7 hours ago, NOTW said:

Screenshot_20231029_183051.jpg

That is a horrible stat line vs a horrible team. It puts Hurts game into perspective vs the Jets

I think if Burrow stays healthy the Bengals are the best team in the AFC. 

5 hours ago, Rey said:

I think AJ Brown needs to start getting serious consideration for MVP ... what a monster!

Offensive player of the year is between him and Tyreek Hill right now. Both have had insane seasons so far. McCaffrey is the other one with his TD streak

6 hours ago, Miami said:

The issue with the 49ers is Purdy.  He thinks he is Mahomes or something.  Not being smart because he has the best running back in the game right next to him and won’t throw him the ball.  You would think Shanahan would straighten him out.

I think Shanahan is devising another inventive way to blow another big game

7 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

The 49ers are not a threat, that is why rooting for them against dallas was the smart thing

I don't get a team blowing their load over a team they've clearly had the upper hand on the last few yrs. You'd think it was their SB

When I finally had a chance to tune in on FM, I hear, they should be tied but are trailing by 7 (!). Fumble & turnover during the brotherly shove. Then the fireworks started. Watched the last few minutes. Great fake on the last sneak formation. 

13 hours ago, Aspiritfall said:

Gainwell is brutal... Is Penny THAT much worse that we're not seeing him? I wish we could get rid of Gainwell 

Gainwell is supposed to be short yardage goal line and post season situations. He's always been mediocre during the regular season. 

10 hours ago, EagleFan85 said:

Still struggling with the idea of Sam Howell putting on a passing clinic most of the day.

This.  If we don't get our pass defense cleaned up November is going to be a long month.

The Eagles have to be the biggest "mixed bag" 7-1 team I've seen.  There are awesome plays, Hurts can throw dimes and AJ is just tearing it up. Swift looks good when they stick with him.  The defense can look disruptive, stonewall the run and can get good pressure.

But then there are the turnovers, questionable play calls and pass defense getting shredded by the likes of Sam Howell.  There's been luck in officiating that has favored the Eagles and dropped passes by opposing receivers in big spots.

We have now reached "the Gauntlet" part of the schedule.  The next 6 games are THE REAL TEST :excited:  (this time, that statement is actually true, though!)

3 minutes ago, EaglesAddict said:

We have now reached "the Gauntlet" part of the schedule.  The next 6 games are THE REAL TEST :excited:  (this time, that statement is actually true, though!)

Which is why that L to the Jets is so painful.  I figure we will do well to go 4-2 over the next 6 games.

15 hours ago, NOTW said:

2 starting DTs out, Blankenship banged up, Byard thrown in there with no practice, barely got handed a playbook then on the road for an away game. They have no slot corner (Maddox, Roby out). Sydney Brown banged up coming off injury and still only a rookie. 

They need the bye.

All that may be the case but here’s the thing… Washington showed how to beat us. Quick passes and slants will negate the pass rush and go after our LBs and secondary which just isn’t very good. 

Archived