Ongoing Eagles New Discussion volume 2

GreenbleedinNC

I'm grilling a pizza if y'all wanna come over 😁

• Like 1

Another fun game to watch. Lower scoring than I thought

I’m just curious as to why nothing official from the Eagles on Siri the reports leaning that he is likely to stay but that about it.

Is the decision going to come down to Siri loyalty to his staff? Sounds like Howie/Lurie want him to clean house? Ask begs the question do Howie/Lurie then want more control over the coaching staff decisions overruling Siri?

This whole situation sounds so similar to the Doug situation 

There's that pesky 31 PPG again

22 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I’m just curious as to why nothing official from the Eagles on Siri the reports leaning that he is likely to stay but that about it.

Is the decision going to come down to Siri loyalty to his staff? Sounds like Howie/Lurie want him to clean house? Ask begs the question do Howie/Lurie then want more control over the coaching staff decisions overruling Siri?

This whole situation sounds so similar to the Doug situation 

I think from a PR perspective it's better to just stay silent and go about your work.. It would be like saying "In spite of the collapse we're keeping Siri on" JMO. Just let the BS drift on

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Helliphino? Just passing on what I saw. 

Yeah it was a response to the article more than being anything I thought you believed.

2 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Yet Howie has done this regularly neglects a spot then over corrects it… Did it at WR didn’t really invest then you see us spend a 1st on Smith go out and trade for AJ…. Didn’t invest in Cb went out traded for slay paid for Bradberry…this is jus the recent ones 

LB neglected so is going out to spend at LB or draft high is a classic Howie move 

Would be reasonable and smart moves as I see it

3 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Yet Howie has done this regularly neglects a spot then over corrects it… Did it at WR didn’t really invest then you see us spend a 1st on Smith go out and trade for AJ…. Didn’t invest in Cb went out traded for slay paid for Bradberry…this is jus the recent ones 

LB neglected so is going out to spend at LB or draft high is a classic Howie move 

Goes much further than Howie.   Hams favorite coach Andy Reid...  "Dream Team"  spending money galore everywhere...back up CB... Ronnie Brown,  Steve Smith, Vince Young...4 DEs...consecutive draft picks on the interior of the DL for 4 years in a row.. 

Yet neglect the interior of the defense.  2 rookie S....and rookie Casey Matthews at LB next to a bunch of other ham and egg LBs. 

This is what you all seem to miss...this is the organizational philosophy Lurie has from Banner/ Reid.   He has Howie here to carry this out.

If it was OK " we have a defense built to play with a lead" ...that stupidity spewed back in 2011....then why different now?

We aren't getting Queen...BG you are 100% correct on saying spending would be " overcorrection" for the Lurie Eagles...

What we hope for...is they hit on the low investment LBs.    Ham doesn't like it....then blame Lurie's #1 football man.... Andy Reid.  That's absolutely the guy whose philosophy Lurie follows there.

What Ham should want.. .is Lurie to sell the team.   That's how he will get his changes.   Because Howie will continue to do it Lurie's way.  Which is heavily influenced by Reid.

6 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Would be reasonable and smart moves as I see it

Sure why did it take so long to address them then lol why you over complicate crap… how many years of bad WR play did we have before we addressed it? How many years of bad CB play did we have before we addressed it? 

Also to add we did similar moves to both those positions as we did with LB later round draft guys, UDFA, bargin bin FAs…. Before finally really addressing the spots. But it not about the moves being dumb or smart but the process for Howie to get to them hence again the over correction comment 

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Goes much further than Howie

I know it goes further back but I was trying to keep it somewhat current lol 😂 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Goes much further than Howie.   Hams favorite coach Andy Reid...  "Dream Team"  spending money galore everywhere...back up CB... Ronnie Brown,  Steve Smith, Vince Young...4 DEs...consecutive draft picks on the interior of the DL for 4 years in a row.. 

Yet neglect the interior of the defense.  2 rookie S....and rookie Casey Matthews at LB next to a bunch of other ham and egg LBs. 

This is what you all seem to miss...this is the organizational philosophy Lurie has from Banner/ Reid.   He has Howie here to carry this out.

If it was OK " we have a defense built to play with a lead" ...that stupidity spewed back in 2011....then why different now?

We aren't getting Queen...BG you are 100% correct on saying spending would be " overcorrection" for the Lurie Eagles...

What we hope for...is they hit on the low investment LBs.    Ham doesn't like it....then blame Lurie's #1 football man.... Andy Reid.  That's absolutely the guy whose philosophy Lurie follows there.

Andy Reid went to KC and has drafted RBs and S. Took my stud LB I was high on Bolton even. Remember him?

45 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I think from a PR perspective it's better to just stay silent and go about your work.. It would be like saying "In spite of the collapse we're keeping Siri on" JMO. Just let the BS drift on

Maybe I see it the opposite looks better on a PR front coming out supporting your HC and laying the rumors to rest about his job 

1 minute ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I know it goes further back but I was trying to keep it somewhat current lol 😂 

I know you get it....you have mentioned this specifically a bunch of times before.   Someone else with the anti Howie agenda conveniently misses that its been way before Howie...

I'm remembering freezing my nuts off watching the old fat guy that replaced Trotter get beat like a mule vs Tampa in the last game at the vet...my low point as a Philadelphia sports fan...they didn't want to pay Trotter... not sure Howie was out of college back then let alone imposing his ideas on Lurie.

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Andy Reid went to KC and has drafted RBs and S. Took my stud LB I was high on Bolton even. Remember him?

He doesn't draft there does he?

Niners told Purdy they were trying to get Brady this season

5 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Maybe I see it the opposite looks better on a PR front coming out supporting your HC and laying the rumors to rest about his job 

They stay silent because that's how they have always handled things.   Maybe you and I would prefer different...not how they handle things.  Again why I was trying to point out " going forward" not looking for 2023 blame.   

What normal people want or would do is irrelevant when talking Eagles...they do and have done things their own way for years... until something changes.. I'm going to continue to believe they keep doing those things.   Lineman drafted 1st round is coming up.   Siri won't get fired until he looks bad with different coordinators.  And Hurts won't go until Siri is gone.  Clockwork... except time goes according to the Eagles clock...lol

Who made the pro bowl at QB for the NFC?    

Watching this game, just seems night and day comparing QBs between the conferences.

8 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Desai was officially fired 

Good for him. Now he can move forward finding his next job.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Good for him. Now he can move forward finding his next job.

We sure didn’t help Desai’s career

Jason Kelce was chugging beers at the Bills tailgate partying 

20 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Who made the pro bowl at QB for the NFC?    

Watching this game, just seems night and day comparing QBs between the conferences.

Brock Purdy and Dak Prescott. The two teams that had more Pro Bowlers than we did 

55 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Yeah it was a response to the article more than being anything I thought you believed.

I know. I felt the same as you. The only connection for Cooter to the Birds I could come up with was Cooter's relation to Steichen. Which doesn't hold much weight. 

7 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Brock Purdy and Dak Prescott. The two teams that had more Pro Bowlers than we did 

Only 2 QBs from NFC?   I thought it was 3 from each?

So Dallas and SF had more pro bowlers on offense than the Eagles... I'll have to look

Bolton drafted 58... late round two... that's absolutely the range that Banner, Reid, Lurie, Howie would start looking at LB.