Ongoing Eagles New Discussion volume 2

GreenbleedinNC

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Senor also if you can. I messaged him before and ASG. Kinda worried about 58,he wasn't on through the last few weeks

LOL Just did. TY for the reminder. 

Same with 58. Did you tell him?

7 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I have to be honest....I don't think Lurie/Howie ever had replacing Siri as an option.    Logic says over years of watching them run the organization....the easy path for them is replacing coordinators and getting different players.   

When they replace Siri... it's going to be the next unknown or lower profile candidate ( first time head coach) that they choose...similar to all their other choices.  

While you all can argue whose fault 2023 was...  it's just much easier for the path going forward to have your young, already successful head coach to change things ...than to replace him. 

I'm sure in 3 months I'll get the angry posts against me when I say they aren't going to take a LB or RB in round one.   " this is the year it will change " etc.

I guess....but until i see the Eagles do things differently than they have since Lurie took over..  I can't really give those options a serious thought.   

• Like 1

Next year....we see some of the same issues...that's when Siri could easily be replaced ....easier to justify everything being his fault with different coordinators.

Then if the offense looks a little weak.... that's when the QB will get replaced. 

We've seem this cycle.  

4th time in five years the Niners make the NFC Championship game.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Next year....we see some of the same issues...that's when Siri could easily be replaced ....easier to justify everything being his fault with different coordinators.

Then if the offense looks a little weak.... that's when the QB will get replaced. 

We've seem this cycle.  

The cycle of Rosie. Caps out a team that has talent to win the SB. But doesn’t create a Championship Window. The team steadily heads downhill. Until it hits rock bottom. Feels like he’s on a faster pace of decline this time. So instead of the 2019 season comparison for us in 2024…maybe just skip straight to the 2020 version.

Of course they had replacing Siri as an option. What does he bring to the equation even? If the best option of O mind can only be obtained by making him the HC….then that’s the move.

34 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

We've seem this cycle.  

Yep scapegoat the QB because the whole team looked worse.

Hurts is so good …he overcame such poor coaching and scheme …to set the all time franchise TD record.

12 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

4th time in five years the Niners make the NFC Championship game.

What's the goal?    Lynch should be fired if they don't win a Superbowl.    

9 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

The cycle of Rosie. Caps out a team that has talent to win the SB. But doesn’t create a Championship Window. The team steadily heads downhill. Until it hits rock bottom. Feels like he’s on a faster pace of decline this time. So instead of the 2019 season comparison for us in 2024…maybe just skip straight to the 2020 version.

When is the team capped out?

10 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I thought it was the QBs fault in 2020?   We have the best of all time now... the intangibles.   He has 7 pro bowl players...plus Smith and Goedert....  how can 2020 happen?   Not with the greatness at QB?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Yep scapegoat the QB because the whole team looked worse.

The QB won't be the scapegoat yet.  Don't get ahead of yourself.   That's not how it works for the Eagles.    Coach first... then the QB.   Take your time, you are rushing the cycle. Hurts won't be scapegoat for another couple of years, not until the next  coach.   

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

When is the team capped out?

Evidently it was this year. Weren’t able to spend on S and LB. Couldn’t retain Ceedy Duce. Couldn’t afford a third WR.

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I thought it was the QBs fault in 2020?   We have the best of all time now... the intangibles.   He has 7 pro bowl players...plus Smith and Goedert....  how can 2020 happen?   Not with the greatness at QB?

Same reason I’ve always stated..same thing going on still…the one constant has been GM.

8 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Hurts is so good …he overcame such poor coaching and scheme …to set the all time franchise TD record.

Talk to me in a couple of years....Hurts had 7 pro bowl teammates....tell me when a QB had that, and couldn't make the pro bowl himself.   The other 7 overcame the coaching and made pro bowl.   Goedert was hurt...Smith was probably close... but the QB couldn't?

" we shall overcome"   except for the QB.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Evidently it was this year. Weren’t able to spend on S and LB. Couldn’t retain Ceedy Duce. Couldn’t afford a third WR.

We weren't able to spend on safety?  Or was it a choice ?    Two different things.   

You misplace your anger constantly on cap issues.  .when clearly it's a philosophical and player selection issue.  

Dallas has the cap issue. 

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Talk to me in a couple of years....Hurts had 7 pro bowl teammates....tell me when a QB had that, and couldn't make the pro bowl himself.   The other 7 overcame the coaching and made pro bowl.   Goedert was hurt...Smith was probably close... but the QB couldn't?

" we shall overcome"   except for the QB.

Go ahead and list off the QBs that made Pro Bowls while having coaches that were fired or should have been fired.

Wondering where you saw all these QBs that thrived under a first time  OC that was in over his head. Being undercut by the HC and GM.

7 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

We weren't able to spend on safety?  Or was it a choice ?    Two different things.   

You misplace your anger constantly on cap issues.  .when clearly it's a philosophical and player selection issue.  

Dallas has the cap issue. 

So just horrible GM job then? Frankly it is either way. But I think the GM is at fault all around. Got the wrong coaches. Forced Patricia into the whole situation from the start. Then forced Patricia into taking over. Total disastrous decisions. D never got off the field under Patricia. But Rosie had us capped out also. So this team was declining instead of improving this season. Then you can talk all about player selection. After that mention the GM philosophies. Not showing respect for the LB and S rooms.

Seen a report saying we could target Jim Bob Cooter to be our OC which is odd since he is already the OC for the Colts.

Would the ability to call plays be the influence for him possibly making the sideways step??? I think Steichen calls the plays for Indy atleast? 

In other new SF and the Ravens in the championship games for there respective conferences both teams have a pair of really good LBs…. Bills/KC have good LB play and Lions invest in LB and TB has one of the best in David.

Howie also has a tendency to overcorrect himself in areas of weakness. I could definitely see us looking at LB in FA or higher in the draft then usual maybe 2nd round(I wouldn’t bank on a 1st round selection) 

Glenn Schumann turned us down reportedly last year to be our DC have to wonder if we try again this year makes a ton of sense for us we have a good chunk of the Georgia players he already coached… both DTs, CB, two LBs and could even add more Georgia guys this draft.

• Like 1