Ongoing Eagles New Discussion volume 2

GreenbleedinNC

So who is making the calls to sit Penny(never used all season).Who is making the calls to run the same 8 plays we used? Why was Goedert misused this year and explosive last year? Why was this offense better last year? Basically the same guys. Seems inconsistent if Howie is the one making the calls. We used a number of plays last year,this year those were limited this year to the same garbage plays all year

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

That’s why the whole thing should be blown up. Start up top and move on from Rosie. Offense and defense are starting fresh anyway… so clean all the failed coaches and GM out the door. Put together a group that can bring home the parade this time in the next three seasons.

I was hoping with the new thread we would lose the childish nicknames and speak like adults. 

But again....Howie is Lurie's yes man.  Why would that happen?

Good or bad....the Eagles are owned by Lurie...he has his yes man GM in Howie....and they control everything.  

Whether you or I want this or that... it's not going to happen.  It's a waste of time to think that.

They will run it back with Hurts and Siri... and eventually Siri and Hurts will go and they get new guys under Howie.  

That's the reality.  So we just have to hope Howie gets the roster better and the assistant coaches can do a better job. 

We aren't going to have another GM or a different coach that just does everything without Lurie/ Howie approval....that's not the Eagles culture.  We gotta stop acting like this is going to change.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So who is making the calls to sit Penny(never used all season).Who is making the calls to run the same 8 plays we used? Why was Goedert misused this year and explosive last year? Why was this offense better last year? Basically the same guys. Seems inconsistent if Howie is the one making the calls. We used a number f play last year,this year those were limited to the same garbage plays all year

Again...you are thinking on a smaller scale...not the big picture. 

Just now, joemas6 said:

Again...you are thinking on a smaller scale...not the big picture. 

The picture for me is we were highly overrated at 10-1,which I figured,but lord we didn't put up a fight after the first 2 games of the tough stretch. We played those hard. The big picture is we only one 1 game out of the last 6 and got drubbed in round 1 by TB. There is no bigger picture for me. Now we will retain many players from the collapse,so what happens in 24? That's the big picture for me regardless of who calls the shots. If there was failure at the end of '23 then '24 won't be any better

Btw...I'm not giving Siri a pass...he has blame.   Just saying for Lurie/ Howie... they aren't going to fire a puppet that just had 3 years of that success... to bring in another puppet.  Much easier to keep same puppet...and change a few other things.   

Vrabel, Belicheck and Carroll...  it was hilarious seeing them mentioned.... for an Eagles job.

• Like 1

CJ Stroud is going to be a great QB even if they lose this game. He is sharp and accurate

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

The picture for me is we were highly overrated at 10-1,which I figured,but lord we didn't put up a fight after the first 2 games of the tough stretch. We played those hard. The big picture is we only one 1 game out of the last 6 and got drubbed in round 1 by TB. There is no bigger picture for me. Now we will retain many players from the collapse,so what happens in 24? That's the big picture for me regardless of who calls the shots. If there was failure at the end of '23 then '24 won't be any better

Again....smaller scale.   Going forward...the big picture.   Does it make sense to find a new puppet?   Or easier to justify keeping same guy with the 3 year track record...you make other changes as the excuse.  Easier to justify that....or else the alternative was to hire  perceived more qualified coach... that guy isn't going to be a puppet. 

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Btw...I'm not giving Siri a pass...he has blame.   Just saying for Lurie/ Howie... they aren't going to fire a puppet that just had 3 years of that success... to bring in another puppet.  Much easier to keep same puppet...and change a few other things.   

Vrabel, Belicheck and Carroll...  it was hilarious seeing them mentioned.... for an Eagles job.

I only mentioned Carroll because we can't beat the Hawks LOL. as a "consultant" if nobody else hires him as a HC I would look at him for DC. It can't get worse after this seasons ending

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Again....smaller scale.   Going forward...the big picture.   Does it make sense to find a new puppet?   Or easier to justify keeping same guy with the 3 year track record...you make other changes as the excuse.  Easier to justify that....or else the alternative was to hire  perceived more qualified coach... that guy isn't going to be a puppet. 

Yeah I assumed we keep Siri,just inexplicable how we finished the season. So if siri is the puppet,then the collapse is on Howie

I think we miss Steichen more than we know

• Like 1

You can't fire Siri for " a passing game coordinator "  or some other up and coming guy... not after the success of the last 3 years.   Just would seem like a panic move.  

So the alternative is giving up control to an established coach...which they just could have done with Doug.

Obviously Lurie and Howie think they know what they are doing....doing it their way.  They aren't going to change. 

• Like 1

Getting chippy already in Baltimore

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

You can't fire Siri for " a passing game coordinator "  or some other up and coming guy... not after the success of the last 3 years.   Just would seem like a panic move.  

So the alternative is giving up control to an established coach...which they just could have done with Doug.

Obviously Lurie and Howie think they know what they are doing....doing it their way.  They aren't going to change. 

I agree an established HC would not want to be anyones puppet

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So I guess we can assume Siri is staying? 

Did he meet with the boss?

4 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Did he meet with the boss?

No word

Ravens are masters at moving the chains,just grinding away

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Ravens are masters at moving the chains,just grinding away

I'm jealous LOL

7 pre snap penalties on Houston,just killing them

"According to Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio, the Cowboys and Eagles are sticking with their head coaches because Belichick rejected their offers." Article from Sports Dumpster so IDK if this is fake or real

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

"According to Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio, the Cowboys and Eagles are sticking with their head coaches because Belichick rejected their offers." Article from Sports Dumpster so IDK if this is fake or real

Apparently last week he thought we had an interest,but nothing officially from the birds camp. Could be total rumor. I wish the media would report facts not fictional rumors

• Like 1

Houston in trouble now 24-10 8 minutes left in the 4th

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

lol there is stalwart truth that the eagles are leaning toward keeping Siri and changing the DC… that was from Adam Schefter(probably spelled his name wrong lol) no word on OC though 

• Like 1

Though Siri being more flexible on O could be huge let Johnson have bit more freedom add more motion pre snap etc.  

31-10,Houston is gone 6 minutes left