Ongoing Eagles New Discussion volume 2

GreenbleedinNC

2 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

In other new SF and the Ravens in the championship games for there respective conferences both teams have a pair of really good LBs…. Bills/KC have good LB play and Lions invest in LB and TB has one of the best in David.

Howie also has a tendency to overcorrect himself in areas of weakness. I could definitely see us looking at LB in FA or higher in the draft then usual maybe 2nd round(I wouldn’t bank on a 1st round selection) 

Or signing the big FA: Queen.

16 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

You make the call.

FB_IMG_1705858494431.jpg

Neutral Zone infraction, SF. This is why the refs are getting seeing eye dogs

3 hours ago, joemas6 said:

We weren't able to spend on safety?  Or was it a choice ?    Two different things.   

You misplace your anger constantly on cap issues.  .when clearly it's a philosophical and player selection issue.  

Dallas has the cap issue. 

Seems like both coming together to me. Dumb philosophy by GM. Also dumb contracts and dead money eating up the ability to afford what was needed.

2 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Glenn Schumann turned us down reportedly last year to be our DC have to wonder if we try again this year makes a ton of sense for us we have a good chunk of the Georgia players he already coached… both DTs, CB, two LBs and could even add more Georgia guys this draft.

Would make a ton of sense for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Neutral Zone infraction, SF. This is why the refs are getting seeing eye dogs

Big turning point in the game too.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Or signing the big FA: Queen.

Hence why I said signing a LB in FA lol would fit the over correction  that was in the comment 

51 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Hence why I said signing a LB in FA lol would fit the over correction  that was in the comment 

Don’t think it’s an overcorrection to go big on a position group in total obvious need.

Board is pinned now,Thanks you VABeachEagle

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

You make the call.

FB_IMG_1705858494431.jpg

Neutral zone infraction-SF

13 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

LOL Just did. TY for the reminder. 

Same with 58. Did you tell him?

I don't remember his whole name LOL

4 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

In other new SF and the Ravens in the championship games for there respective conferences both teams have a pair of really good LBs…. Bills/KC have good LB play and Lions invest in LB and TB has one of the best in David.

Howie also has a tendency to overcorrect himself in areas of weakness. I could definitely see us looking at LB in FA or higher in the draft then usual maybe 2nd round(I wouldn’t bank on a 1st round selection) 

I feel OT/G or another C/G as the RG position has not been clearly won by anyone we have now. It's a "Howie pick". I want Trotter in 2(LB) and Tampa(S/CB) in 2

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Why would this make any sense?

Helliphino? Just passing on what I saw. 

8 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I don't remember his whole name LOL

@mjkline1958  Can you please take care of it? I'm at shop. Getting ready to bring up the game. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

@mjkline1958  Can you please take care of it? I'm at shop. Getting ready to bring up the game. 

Message sent

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Like this kid alot,Plays with intensity,no quit motor. Not at all afraid to mix it up or initiate contact. May need "reined in" a bit,but definitely a talent we could use. I have him in mid round 2

41 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Don’t think it’s an overcorrection to go big on a position group in total obvious need.

Yet Howie has done this regularly neglects a spot then over corrects it… Did it at WR didn’t really invest then you see us spend a 1st on Smith go out and trade for AJ…. Didn’t invest in Cb went out traded for slay paid for Bradberry…this is jus the recent ones 

LB neglected so is going out to spend at LB or draft high is a classic Howie move 

29 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I feel OT/G or another C/G as the RG position has not been clearly won by anyone we have now. It's a "Howie pick". I want Trotter in 2(LB) and Tampa(S/CB) in 2

Lot can happen in the draft if Kelce doesn’t return we open the hole at C…. Can move Jurgens over but if we aren’t high on Jurgens at RG how confident are we with him taking over C???

Could have two spots of need on the OL then of course you have Lane who could be in his final couple seasons 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Lot can happen in the draft if Kelce doesn’t return we open the hole at C…. Can move Jurgens over but if we aren’t high on Jurgens at RG how confident are we with him taking over C???

Could have two spots of need on the OL then of course you have Lane who could be in his final couple seasons 

According to Travis,Jason isn't done yet. The ending of this season had to be a severe let down for him. Not a good way to go out for a HOF'er. But we'll definitely need to look at all 3 spots. The guy I chose to draft is actually a T,so a very versatile pick(G or T not a C). Could even sub for Lane if the need arose

33 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Yet Howie has done this regularly neglects a spot then over corrects it… Did it at WR didn’t really invest then you see us spend a 1st on Smith go out and trade for AJ…. Didn’t invest in Cb went out traded for slay paid for Bradberry…this is jus the recent ones 

LB neglected so is going out to spend at LB or draft high is a classic Howie move 

I would like Howie et al to listen more to his coaches. They know what players they need and if it's LB or DB there should be no issue selecting those, like any other spot, it needs a youth injection with QUALITY picks,not 57 UDFA's. Howie needs to get off his butt about avoiding certain positions. This is the thing about him I DON'T like. I would also like to pick up another TE and a slot WR in this next draft. Cade Stover from OSU would work and parlay some 5 picks to move into 4 for Ainias Smith the slot from texas A&M-perfect fits 

1) Suamataia-OT/G 2) Trotter-LB 2)TJ Tampa-CB 3) Cade Stover-TE  5)Ainias Smith slot WR(actually he should move into 4) Do what you want with the rest

Bucs/ Lions. I love the Cinderella Lions,but my heart is with the Bucs. Will be tough sledding in Detroit. I'm happy for Mayfield,seems he found a home