HBO's Game of Thrones Prequel House of Dragons

Mike030270

1 minute ago, Agent23 said:

did you at least do some jumping jacks to offset it? haha

Nope - I just let it ride - better than drugs :lol: 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Hardhome is like episode 8 of season 5 and that was an ALL TIME great ep.

one of my all-time favorite episodes of any show, ever. my jaw still hurts from it hitting the floor after that episode ended. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

"hold the door" was one of my favorite moments. :worthy:  

Seriously? Why? Bran got Summer, the Children, the Three-Eyed Raven, Jojen, and Hodor killed

4 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Seriously? Why? Bran got Summer, the Children, the Three-Eyed Raven, Jojen, and Hodor killed

Jojen was dead like 16 episodes before that brah! 

25 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Jojen was dead like 16 episodes before that brah! 

4 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I was scrolling through HBO Max last night - decided to watch a random episode of GoT.  Settled on the loot train episode - there was some good stuff there.  I think it's time to re-watch the series from the beginning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

I was scrolling through HBO Max last night - decided to watch a random episode of GoT.  Settled on the loot train episode - there was some good stuff there.  I think it's time to re-watch the series from the beginning.

I have re-watched the first 3-4 seasons by far and away the most (a few of them were getting someone new into the show, and essentially going on the journey with them). Not sure how much you've re-watched any of it, but I've always described the 2nd watch (once someone has at least 3-4 seasons under their belt) to be like watching a brand new show, because SOOOOO many character interactions and behaviors jump out at your 10x more with all the added context. 

Things like Roose Bolton... on first watch (as a non-book reader), I don't pay much attention to him at all. You miss out where he's trying to counsel Robb and kind of being ignored. When Arya is a prisoner (with the other Night's Watch children like Gendry and Hot Pie) at Harrenhall, and winds up being Tywin Lannister's cup bearer, I don't think we realize its Roose (at Robb's command) that drives the Lannister's out of Harrenhall and takes it over. This comes into play when Jaime and Brienne are captured (by Roose's men) and gets his hand chopped off, then Roose let's Jaime freely return to King's Landing (with NOT a Maester, Qyburn). Like.... one of Robb's top bannermen letting Jaime go free (after Caetlyn already F'ed him over and cost him men) is one of those things I definitely didn't catch. It sets up sooo much of the Red Wedding betrayal that literally just went right over my head the whole time because theres 19038918 characters and I can't recall all the details of every tertiary figure the first time through! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/3/2021 at 10:47 AM, Agent23 said:

I have re-watched the first 3-4 seasons by far and away the most (a few of them were getting someone new into the show, and essentially going on the journey with them). Not sure how much you've re-watched any of it, but I've always described the 2nd watch (once someone has at least 3-4 seasons under their belt) to be like watching a brand new show, because SOOOOO many character interactions and behaviors jump out at your 10x more with all the added context. 

Things like Roose Bolton... on first watch (as a non-book reader), I don't pay much attention to him at all. You miss out where he's trying to counsel Robb and kind of being ignored. When Arya is a prisoner (with the other Night's Watch children like Gendry and Hot Pie) at Harrenhall, and winds up being Tywin Lannister's cup bearer, I don't think we realize its Roose (at Robb's command) that drives the Lannister's out of Harrenhall and takes it over. This comes into play when Jaime and Brienne are captured (by Roose's men) and gets his hand chopped off, then Roose let's Jaime freely return to King's Landing (with NOT a Maester, Qyburn). Like.... one of Robb's top bannermen letting Jaime go free (after Caetlyn already F'ed him over and cost him men) is one of those things I definitely didn't catch. It sets up sooo much of the Red Wedding betrayal that literally just went right over my head the whole time because theres 19038918 characters and I can't recall all the details of every tertiary figure the first time through! 

Working my way through this again - last night was the Red Wedding :sad: The part that pisses me off the most is Grey Wind :furious:

1 minute ago, mikemack8 said:

Working my way through this again - last night was the Red Wedding :sad: The part that pisses me off the most is Grey Wind :furious:

WOLVES SHOULD NOT BE PETS!!!!

The Mountain and the Viper episode was last night :furious: Still sad to see Oberyn go like that, but I know what's coming up so that makes me happy 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

The Mountain and the Viper episode was last night :furious: Still sad to see Oberyn go like that, but I know what's coming up so that makes me happy 

it's shame oberyn allowed his anger to make him sloppy or that whole scene could've turned out much differently. im in season 5 so i'm a bit further along than your upcoming "happy" moment. 

• Like 1

Just now, Alpha_TATEr said:

it's shame oberyn allowed his anger to make him sloppy or that whole scene could've turned out much differently. im in season 5 so i'm a bit further along than your upcoming "happy" moment. 

Agreed!  He was clearly the superior fighter, just let his anger and ego get in the way.  

• Like 1

Put Pedro on the map. Now he gets to have baby Yodas and fly around South America with Ben Affleck and Poe Dameron. 

6 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

In a show that had a ton of "I didn't see that coming..." moments, that episode sticks out...

• Like 1

Just now, Gern Blanston said:

In a show that had a ton of "I didn't see that coming..." moments, that episode sticks out...

I think it's because up to that point SO many beloved characters/good guys had been killed - everyone was thinking "the good guy's GOT to win this one, right?".  Nope :lol: GRRM can go F himself

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Put Pedro on the map. Now he gets to have baby Yodas and fly around South America with Ben Affleck and Poe Dameron. 

+ bringing Joel from The Last of Us to the big screen.

3 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

+ bringing Joel from The Last of Us to the big screen.

The jury is still out on how it will shape up! 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^ is this new? I feel like the season blu rays had a bunch of these on them

On 5/14/2021 at 7:23 PM, Agent23 said:

^ is this new? I feel like the season blu rays had a bunch of these on them

Yeah, it's from an old DVD, but this is the story the show will be telling 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...