HBO's Game of Thrones Prequel House of Dragons

Mike030270

On 8/29/2022 at 10:19 AM, Agent23 said:

this is basically season 1 of thrones without having half a dozen locations and POV to be thrown at us at once.

• Jon/Nights Watch
  • Winterfell (Robb keeping afloat when Ned is gone, keeping the peace when Ned is attacked, I think being crowned end of 10 after Ned's beheading)
  • Kings Landing (learning Robert's backstory and motives, bond with Ned, injury and succession, battle for power with Cersei and Joffrey, Jaime as antagonist)
  • Riverlands/Eyrie (Cat takin Tyrion hostage, learning about the crossroads where people will continue to pass in the series, meeting her psycho sister and widow of the former Hand of the King, Cat)
  • Tyrion - basically his own POV character that crossed paths with Jon early on, then Cat later on, then goes on his own adventures with Bronn leading to meeting Tywin and Jaime commanding an army 
  • Danerys - basically everything with her and Jorah and Drogo and Dothroki and learning all the lore of these people

This show is basically just saying "what if we only had the Kings Landing political intrigue to start with and just focused episodes on those people and players" 

yeah...so far, i don't have to watch each ep multiple times & read online recaps to follow the story. :lol:  

• Like 1

When I first watched GoT there were so many characters thrown at me in such a short period of time it was several episodes before I got them all straight and started piecing together who the protagonists were. This show has a much simpler approach but it takes you right back to the GoT universe. I just want a solid hour of good entertainment, and it definitely has done that so far. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gannan said:

When I first watched GoT there were so many characters thrown at me in such a short period of time it was several episodes before I got them all straight and started piecing together who the protagonists were. This show has a much simpler approach but it takes you right back to the GoT universe. I just want a solid hour of good entertainment, and it definitely has done that so far. 

They made a very conscious decision to do more hand holding early on.  

2 hours ago, Gannan said:

It helps that I've probably seen the first 4 seasons anywhere from 5-8 times a piece over the past decade, but its wild how jarring that was originally, but now I probably know more about each of those character than people in my real-world life :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, TorontoEagle said:

The only complaint I have so far is a lack of boobs and wangs.

i've noticed the disturbing trend of tv shows going heavy with the nudity early on...just to get the viewers hooked...and then scaling the nudity back or outright getting rid of it altogether.  :nonono:  

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, TorontoEagle said:

The only complaint I have so far is a lack of wangs.

you don't get enough on Saturday nights ? 

• Haha 1

Just now, mr_hunt said:

i've noticed the disturbing trend of tv shows going heavy with the nudity early on...just to get the viewers hooked...and then scaling the nudity back or outright getting rid of it altogether.  :nonono:  

All we wanna see is some medieval T & A, and D. Give the people what they want! 

1 minute ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

you don't get enough on Saturday nights ? 

Obviously not. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Obviously not. 

i hate when that happens, i mean ..... oh. 

• Haha 1

Speaking of wangs...you think we'll see some actual dragons banging? I'd like to see how they bang, and how they produce those wonderful eggs. Like, what makes an egg come out black? Is it the colour combo of the two dragons banging? Does the broad dragon lay an egg, then the dude dragon come in and fertilize it? Inquiring minds need to know

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

But hey the inbred, power hungry, crucifying, white savior, Dragon witch was so out of character when she broke bad.  We definitely needed 3 more seasons of explanations! 

3 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

:cough: Californication :cough:

21 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

They made a very conscious decision to do more hand holding early on.  

They should have started from the beginning of the book

9 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

They should have started from the beginning of the book

Wouldn't know but they are managing numerous time jumps so I'd say wait and see how they managed all of them.  We just jumped 6 months from 1 to 2.

6 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Wouldn't know but they are managing numerous time jumps so I'd say wait and see how they managed all of them.  We just jumped 6 months from 1 to 2.

This show is about roughly the 2nd half of the book

22 hours ago, BFit said:

:cough: Californication :cough:

Or it could be worse. Giving us Alexandra Daddario full nekkid in True Detective only to have her show up completely covered in an R-Rated movie (and everything else that I can think of) after that. 

12 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Or it could be worse. Giving us Alexandra Daddario full nekkid in True Detective only to have her show up completely covered in an R-Rated movie (and everything else that I can think of) after that. 

Didn't they refuse to put her in a bikini in that Baywatch movie? 

alexandra-daddario-baywatch-2017-paramount-2DC8JNC.jpg

5 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Didn't they refuse to put her in a bikini in that Baywatch movie? 

alexandra-daddario-baywatch-2017-paramount-2DC8JNC.jpg

It's a crime against humanity

I thought I explicitly referenced Baywatch, but it seeing my quoted text I just alluded to it. But while she was still hawt in that film, they went about as modest as possible given the nature of the film and the rating of it. 

She’s one of those who got in the game doing nude scenes and then I guess tried to become a serious actress?  With hits like Baywatch and San Andreas of course :roll: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

She’s one of those who got in the game doing nude scenes and then I guess tried to become a serious actress?  With hits like Baywatch and San Andreas of course :roll: 

San Andreas was bomb though! And Baywatch was entertaining/fun enough!