EMB Blog: 2020 Training Camp

Connecticut Eagle

22 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

This honestly wouldn’t be a bad purchase. 

Nope, might be worth some money some day. But it seems it might take decades to decide on the new team name so.................................................

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

They have talent at LB.  Ryan Anderson, John Bostic, Thomas Davis (37 now but still producing like Sam Mills) Cole Holcomb (future stud).

They also have Reuben Foster but I don't know where he stands as far as suspended or what.

Corner is their big question mark.  They have decent safeties too.

Future studs dont help now.

I was also wondering about reuben foster. Dude has some talent but is a knucklehead.

As for the rest of their LBs theyre not the 90s saints but hey theyre better than the philadelphia football teams LBs but thats not saying much.

Yeah their safeties are ok, nothing special, Collins is a liability in coverage and way over paid but ok.

13 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I read that as how greend works at first glance

15 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

D589C6A2-17B5-4760-ABD9-582F823A0A26.jpeg

Keyser Soze is probably an all-time great movie villain.  

2 minutes ago, greend said:

So if we ask an undercover officer to identify himself he has to?

It is murky.  Most case law hinges on the 4th amendment and some on the 5th. The suggestion is that withholding has to be reasonable.   The key here, I think is going to be based on the crime.   If a plainclothes person pulls you over for a traffic stop, he is going to need to identify himself as a police officer and provide some ID.   If detained as a peaceful assembly, absolutely.  Entrapment is a slippery slope that can run afoul of the 5th pretty easily.  

Wearing camouflage in unmarked vehicle without any indication of agency is probably not reasonable.   The Supreme Court put a high bar in place with qualified immunity. But one bar is Constitutionally protected rights.  That includes the right to speech and assembly.  

We have to consider both sides on the identity issue.  Where we have protestors, some armed, marching to people’s houses, such could be scary if you are an officer. We have seen that with BLM and with the Reopening demonstrations.   But what if the officer takes inappropriate action against a person.  Somehow they need to be identifiable. Agency insignia, nameplates and badges with numbers work. 

About fifteen years ago, there was a guy in the area that equipped his car with lights, including a searchlight and pulled over women and attacked them posing as police. I taught my kids that if they were ever getting pulled over by an unmarked car to drive slowly and legally until they were in a public place before they pulled over.  MD uses unmarked cars for traffic enforcement.  I am adamantly opposed to that for the very reason it isn’t safe. 

6 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Players shouldn't get anything if the league has to shut down. Like most others out there, no ticket, no laundry. I don;t want to hear that excuse they have mouths to feed. Shorten season is easy as well. You get paid for the games you play. They get a game check, that is their pay. 

32 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

Remember to say thank you to Siri. She’s working really hard. 

Hate Siri. Never use it.  I have an Alexa button only because it was free. It is on mute all the time.   Same with a Google Home.  I have the small Google in the kitchen that I use when cooking.  It gives me the wrong response about thirty percent of the time. But it is real handy as a timer. 

On 7/22/2020 at 1:05 PM, Connecticut Eagle said:

I know it's nuanced, but there are two safeties on the field and Reed / Dawkins played different positions.

One can be the GOAT at box (strong) safety and the other at free safety.

Clearly you didn't read my breakdown from the old blog, where I basically said that.   But, no matter BDawk is the GOAT of all safeties of all types and probably even the GOAT at WR as well.  Way better than Rice.

8 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Players shouldn't get anything if the league has to shut down. Like most others out there, no ticket, no laundry. I don;t want to hear that excuse they have mouths to feed. Shorten season is easy as well. You get paid for the games you play. They get a game check, that is their pay. 

The problem is the owners agreed in the CBA to things like vested veteran salaries that become fully guaranteed if they are on a Week 1 roster but now want to go back on it. So the players understandably don't want to give up something that was already agreed to.

9 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

It is murky.  Most case law hinges on the 4th amendment and some on the 5th. The suggestion is that withholding has to be reasonable.   The key here, I think is going to be based on the crime.   If a plainclothes person pulls you over for a traffic stop, he is going to need to identify himself as a police officer and provide some ID.   If detained as a peaceful assembly, absolutely.  Entrapment is a slippery slope that can run afoul of the 5th pretty easily.  

Wearing camouflage in unmarked vehicle without any indication of agency is probably not reasonable.   The Supreme Court put a high bar in place with qualified immunity. But one bar is Constitutionally protected rights.  That includes the right to speech and assembly.  

We have to consider both sides on the identity issue.  Where we have protestors, some armed, marching to people’s houses, such could be scary if you are an officer. We have seen that with BLM and with the Reopening demonstrations.   But what if the officer takes inappropriate action against a person.  Somehow they need to be identifiable. Agency insignia, nameplates and badges with numbers work. 

About fifteen years ago, there was a guy in the area that equipped his car with lights, including a searchlight and pulled over women and attacked them posing as police. I taught my kids that if they were ever getting pulled over by an unmarked car to drive slowly and legally until they were in a public place before they pulled over.  MD uses unmarked cars for traffic enforcement.  I am adamantly opposed to that for the very reason it isn’t safe. 

Hopefully they aren't there to detain "peaceful assembly".  That said the point still stands for under cover cops they could also take "inappropriate action" right? My hope would be that if the goon squad has to take action that they would identify themselves as "police". Something has to be done to protect innocent people from beatings and destruction of property as well.

That didn't take long. Interesting to see if Soto spread it to anyone else.

1 minute ago, greend said:

Hopefully they aren't there to detain "peaceful assembly".  That said the point still stands for under cover cops they could also take "inappropriate action" right? My hope would be that if the goon squad has to take action that they would identify themselves as "police". Something has to be done to protect innocent people from beatings and destruction of property as well.

My two cents...I am thinking from what little I have collected is that the people being "detained" are not random people...the feds have been tracking antifa in the Portland area for some time...I think they are targeting certain individuals from tracking cell phones etc...just speculating

5 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Ah, we are back to you jumping into conversations. Not what I'm talking about yet again. Follow...

He posted PA state law that do not apply to feds. They do not have to be marked because I am not talking about when they are only enforcing state laws. They only enforce state law when they are working with the states, in which case I'm sure they will be marked. If not I'm sure their attorneys will have a nice lawsuit planned. 

They have broad wiggle room to make arrests on FEDERAL crimes which can be broad as you should know as a lawyer and they do not have to work with the states. Crossing state lines to commit a crime...EO over statues....buildings...the list goes on. Any of those they are free to not be marked. 

One of your points was that the federal officers were needed to stop increasing violence in the inner cities.  That's not within the purview of Federal Law Enforcement.  If we are just talking about whether they can be there to enforce Federal law, sure they can.  Can they patrol streets in unmaked vans? I don't think they can without some probable cause that a Federal crime has been committed and the suspect is at large or probable cause that a Federal crime is about to be perpetrated.   

9 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Clearly you didn't read my breakdown from the old blog, where I basically said that.   But, no matter BDawk is the GOAT of all safeties of all types and probably even the GOAT at WR as well.  Way better than Rice.

I would rank top 5 all-time Eagles RBs as follows: 

1. Dawk

2. Wilbert

3. Lesean

4. Westbrook

5. Duce

1 minute ago, NCiggles said:

I would rank top 5 all-time Eagles RBs as follows: 

1. Dawk

2. Wilbert

3. Lesean

4. Westbrook

5. Duce

Yeah... that sounds about right - gotta leave a space for Steve Van Buren though... so, Maybe add a "A" in there somewhere.

8 minutes ago, greend said:

Nope. There was a story just the other day of these cops tear gassing and using batons on a group of moms who were singing and protecting peaceful protestors. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/portland-protests-wall-of-moms-tear-gas-federal-agents-trump-a9632711.html%3famp

6 minutes ago, aptosbird said:

My two cents...I am thinking from what little I have collected is that the people being "detained" are not random people...the feds have been tracking antifa in the Portland area for some time...I think they are targeting certain individuals from tracking cell phones etc...just speculating

There's no organization called Antifa.  We should probably all be concerned if the government is targeting people who are against facism.  

6 minutes ago, greend said:

I agree.  While I question the method of response in Portland, it is proven that there were acts of destruction of federal buildings and people snatched off the street with no real identification, questioned and later released that had not taken any action to destroy public property.  

I know you and I don’t see eye to eye on guns but the mayor in Kansas City, MO said he would welcome help getting the illegal guns off the street.  Might be a better use of ATF agents. 

1 minute ago, NCiggles said:

There's no organization called Antifa.  We should probably all be concerned if the government is targeting people who are against facism.  

That's your opinion...I have seen too many reports that suggest the opposite..I prefer to keep an open mind and discern from multiple sources

2 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

I agree.  While I question the method of response in Portland, it is proven that there were acts of destruction of federal buildings and people snatched off the street with no real identification, questioned and later released that had not taken any action to destroy public property.  

I know you and I don’t see eye to eye on guns but the mayor in Kansas City, MO said he would welcome help getting the illegal guns off the street.  Might be a better use of ATF agents. 

There are also quite a few getting detained and then charged with federal crimes...

5 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

We probably do see eye to eye on illegal guns.

Seriously, how hard is to follow the suggestion to not talk about politics in here?

Just now, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Seriously, how hard is to follow the suggestion to not talk about politics in here?

I stayed away pretty much for 2 days... I think I'll go back to that.

Archived