EMB Blog: 2020 Training Camp

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PFT says 95 NFL players have had COVID.   Now, as opposed to the NBA, with its bubble, or the MLB and Premier League restrictions, it sure looks like the NFL approach is that the player, his family and friends (and coaches) just go about their business as normal and checking the players and coaches at the door.  So basically the same behavior that resulted in 95 players and at least several coaches to get COVID.  Doesn’t sound like a great solution.  I can understand why the owners want to have prorated payments this year. 95 players is nine shy of a roster.  2 of 32 teams or 16%.  That wasn’t with the level of player contact so you have to think that the rate might increase.  For you gamblers out there, what are the lines on the chance of finishing the season, eight games, ten games etc.  

1 hour ago, BigEFly said:

Rules for PA state police officers:

1.08 DISPLAY OF IDENTIFICATION
Whenever members take any police action, they shall promptly and respectfully identify themselves by giving their name, rank, and other appropriate identification to persons involved. Members shall also furnish their name, rank, and badge number in a respectful manner to any citizen who may reasonably request the same. Members in civilian clothes shall, at all times, carry their badge and official identification card, except when it is not feasible due to a specific duty assignment(s).

Sesame Street moment....

Federal....state....there is a difference. 

18 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

LOL, 8.4 percent. 

I have to say, I feel sorry for Duggan, a true freshman starter.  He was the Iowa player of the year as a high school senior.  Number five dual threat QB recruit in the nation.  A four star recruit that other big time colleges were looking at and had competition to win the role.  Set TCU freshman records for passing yards and TDs.  Yet because of Reagor’s draft status, his weaknesses get lots of press.  

23 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

PFT says 95 NFL players have had COVID.   Now, as opposed to the NBA, with its bubble, or the MLB and Premier League restrictions, it sure looks like the NFL approach is that the player, his family and friends (and coaches) just go about their business as normal and checking the players and coaches at the door.  So basically the same behavior that resulted in 95 players and at least several coaches to get COVID.  Doesn’t sound like a great solution.  I can understand why the owners want to have prorated payments this year. 95 players is nine shy of a roster.  2 of 32 teams or 16%.  That wasn’t with the level of player contact so you have to think that the rate might increase.  For you gamblers out there, what are the lines on the chance of finishing the season, eight games, ten games etc.  

To be fair, I’m pretty sure that number is known positives from the beginning. They came out with it yesterday afternoon before even all rookies could be tested. 

I'm not sure I've ever been less excited for training camp to start than I am this year, even though I think the team should be pretty good. 

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yep.  And it’s the usual f-ing suspects.   

That was a good movie.  Gonna have to re-watch it

2 hours ago, bpac55 said:

I don't see how this comment is relevant.  I was purely stating that the utter destruction of some cities is really sad to see.  

"Utter destruction."

Dresden, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, much of Syria, that's utter destruction.

Graffiti, uh, nothing that some solvent and paint can't fix.

Hyperbole much? Or are you taking your cues from Fearless Leader?

20 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I'm not sure I've ever been less excited for training camp to start than I am this year, even though I think the team should be pretty good. 

This has been by far the least interested I’ve been. Not sure it’s lack of coverage, uncertainty of season or certainty of a watered down product. Most likely a combo of all 3.

2 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Rules for PA state police officers:

1.08 DISPLAY OF IDENTIFICATION
Whenever members take any police action, they shall promptly and respectfully identify themselves by giving their name, rank, and other appropriate identification to persons involved. Members shall also furnish their name, rank, and badge number in a respectful manner to any citizen who may reasonably request the same. Members in civilian clothes shall, at all times, carry their badge and official identification card, except when it is not feasible due to a specific duty assignment(s).

11 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

image.gif.17c22855891d958b9c44e42dab18cf9f.gif

If I go back a few pages am I going to see anyone arguing we should bring T.O. or A.B. To camp? 

3 minutes ago, Allhaildawk said:

If I go back a few pages am I going to see anyone arguing we should bring T.O. or A.B. To camp? 

Surprisingly, no. The lack of OTAs isn’t hurting just players, it’s affecting TATERs posts as well. Without ESP tweeting some random player is struggling, we have no posters suggesting something stupid 

11 hours ago, greend said:

I'm kinda square

image.gif.4c6813c38bbb7c06b75d61fd88bc42e4.gif

5 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I feel the same. I always look forward to the season starting, but I see this being a colossal cluster F, I think they should just shut it down and go on to 2021. I see little chance the season actually finishes. 

6 hours ago, ManuManu said:

I'll take retires again tomorrow for 50 please

These slow times almost make me miss BoobyWizdum and his antics.

18 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Wentzzzzz Suckszzzzzz and the Earthzzzz iszzzz Flatzzzzzz

feel better?

8 hours ago, ManuManu said:

That hit Burflict put on him a few years ago knocked something loose in his head.

or more accurately completely broke what was already loose.

9 hours ago, austinfan said:

"Utter destruction."

Dresden, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, much of Syria, that's utter destruction.

Graffiti, uh, nothing that some solvent and paint can't fix.

Hyperbole much? Or are you taking your cues from Fearless Leader?

OK, my original post was about how sad it is to see our great cities getting destroyed and I mentioned graffiti.  In the same post I also said that the graffiti wasn't the worst thing that was happening because it isn't but it does leave a lasting impression.  I also didn't bring any politics in to it, I was merely stating that what's going on is really really sad because it is.  Looking at images post rioting do you look at them and say this is America?  Looks like downtown Bagdad to me.  The fact that people look at what's happening with the destruction...yes destruction is happening and just shrug like no big deal is also sad.  This is our country.  

How would we as Eagles fans feel if rioters took to the Linc, defaced as much of the stadium as they could with spray paint, broke in to the Pro Shop, stole all the merchandise and lit fires inside, came back outside broke as many windows as they could and spray painted all over the sidewalks?  What if they were just messages that Philly sucks and Dallas rules?  We would probably flip out, want people arrested and call for heads to roll.

I don't want to see our country divided anymore, I hate it.  I'm over it.  Republicans and Democrats both need to be better.  We as Americans, every race, every color need to be better.  

11 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Sesame Street moment....

Federal....state....there is a difference. 

You are right in the sense that Federal authorities can act in accordance with Federal law.  Federal law enforcement officers may not just decide to enforce state laws without authority from the state.  It's the nature of a federalist system.  

2 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

image.gif.f2a31753be9fffa8c679d1b4fca275e6.gif

Archived