If Howie did that even you would praise him. 😂🤣😂

I'd cut him some slack...til he wastes the pick on a bust. :lol:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I'd cut him some slack...til he wastes the pick on a bust. :lol:

Well you know Howie’s gonna Howie. 😂

On 2/22/2022 at 8:55 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Looks like that league is off to a great start with QBs like that!! Lmao! 🤣🤣🤣

I haven't followed much (if anything) about the new USFL, but I just looked it up to see if the Stars would play at the Linc... every USFL regular season game is being played in Alabama, on the same field. 

So how are the Philadelphia Stars the "Philadelphia" Stars when they play in Alabama? lol

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I haven't followed much (if anything) about the new USFL, but I just looked it up to see if the Stars would play at the Linc... every USFL regular season game is being played in Alabama, on the same field. 

So how are the Philadelphia Stars the "Philadelphia" Stars when they play in Alabama? lol

Lol very simple! Pretend! 

Looks like they are already cutting corners just in case people don't flock to the games to see Thorson!

Hell I didn't even notice that! I sw the first few picks of the league, laughed and I already have no desire to watch it lol. 

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

If only we had a GM willing to admit his failures much earlier regardless of the investment rather than suffering through more agonizing play just to try to save face.  

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

If only we had a GM willing to admit his failures much earlier regardless of the investment rather than suffering through more agonizing play just to try to save face.  

It's interesting though because I don't know that I've heard many GMs be that specific unless it's a truly disgruntled player.  Usually they just make vague statements that don't give away anything.  The Colts are making it very clear where they stand.

• Like 2

On 3/2/2022 at 4:02 PM, NOTW said:

It's interesting though because I don't know that I've heard many GMs be that specific unless it's a truly disgruntled player.  Usually they just make vague statements that don't give away anything.  The Colts are making it very clear where they stand.

I think this is some kind of plot to motivate Wentz otherwise it’s really bizarre how cold they’re being to the guy. It’s no secret the best anyone ever got out of Wentz was Deflippo, and his constant pressure he put on Wentz,  but it’s also pretty well documented that Wentz was never a fan of him too. 

On 3/2/2022 at 2:27 PM, time2rock said:

Have you heard Howie recently? He seems pretty open about the fact the Eagles lack talent. I’m also pretty sure he admitted how foolish the whole "quarterback factory” comment was. 

On 3/2/2022 at 10:05 AM, NOTW said:

Is he still in Wentz's corner? Looks like the Colts are just protecting themselves and saying a whole lot of nothing.

39 minutes ago, Devaster said:

Is he still in Wentz's corner? Looks like the Colts are just protecting themselves and saying a whole lot of nothing.

He’ll probably end up in Carolina.  

28 minutes ago, time2rock said:

He’ll probably end up in Carolina.  

He can join the other busted ass QB there lol

49 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He can join the other busted ass QB there lol

He’s better than Darnold.  Not by much but he would be an upgrade.  He just isn’t a guy that is going to lead a team to a championship (despite what he did here in 2017 … that was a lifetime ago).  

19 minutes ago, time2rock said:

He’s better than Darnold.  Not by much but he would be an upgrade.  He just isn’t a guy that is going to lead a team to a championship (despite what he did here in 2017 … that was a lifetime ago).  

I was talking about Cam Newton lol

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Devaster said:

Right now I think Reich is in job preservation mode. Last thing he can do right now is stick his neck out again for any player. Even if Reich and Ballard both still want Wentz, if Irsay wants him gone then he’s gone. That’s the real issue here. The GM and the coach probably would rather run it back, but convincing the owner to do that is a sticky situation and neither of them want to put their jobs on the line again for Wentz. 

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Right now I think Reich is in job preservation mode. Last thing he can do right now is stick his neck out again for any player. Even if Reich and Ballard both still want Wentz, if Irsay wants him gone then he’s gone. That’s the real issue here. The GM and the coach probably would rather run it back, but convincing the owner to do that is a sticky situation and neither of them want to put their jobs on the line again for Wentz. 

I can see why Irsay might want to go in another direction - Indy is one of those teams with pretty much a complete roster and is only a QB away from being a legit championship contender. 

• Like 1

On 3/6/2022 at 2:19 PM, time2rock said:

I can see why Irsay might want to go in another direction - Indy is one of those teams with pretty much a complete roster and is only a QB away from being a legit championship contender. 

I get it, but good quarterbacks don’t grow on trees. They can’t force one into the situation. Basically from the group that’s left how many are those guys are significantly better than Wentz? On top of that they already gave up their first to acquire Wentz so they can’t even compete with other teams to land someone like Watson, Cousins, or Jimmy G not that I consider the latter two that much better. Carr could be that fringe top ten type guy, but again they don’t have the trade capital to play. 

16 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Well that'll be interesting.

16 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I get it, but good quarterbacks don’t grow on trees. They can’t force one into the situation. Basically from the group that’s left how many are those guys are significantly better than Wentz? On top of that they already gave up their first to acquire Wentz so they can’t even compete with other teams to land someone like Watson, Cousins, or Jimmy G not that I consider the latter two that much better. Carr could be that fringe top ten type guy, but again they don’t have the trade capital to play. 

Cousins and Watson absolutely are better than Wentz, Cousins numbers knock Wentz's on their ass, and he did it in Washington and Minne so it isn't just having great receivers.

12 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Cousins and Watson absolutely are better than Wentz, Cousins numbers knock Wentz's on their ass, and he did it in Washington and Minne so it isn't just having great receivers.

I would agree that Watson is better than Wentz, but Cousins that’s debatable. I think it’s more than just about numbers. Cousins has never had a season close to Carson’s 2017, but Cousins has had more better overall seasons. Frankly I don’t think there’s much difference there. Career wise both are basically.500 quarterbacks. 

The irony of Wentz going to Washington to follow in the footsteps of Cousins. 😂

1 hour ago, iladelphxx said:

The pick is conditional. 3rd could become a 2nd. Howie wins. 😂

9 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I would agree that Watson is better than Wentz, but Cousins that’s debatable. I think it’s more than just about numbers. Cousins has never had a season close to Carson’s 2017, but Cousins has had more better overall seasons. Frankly I don’t think there’s much difference there. Career wise both are basically.500 quarterbacks. 

The irony of Wentz going to Washington to follow in the footsteps of Cousins. 😂

Wentz hasn't had another season like his 2017, Wentz has 2 seasons over 3500yds including one over 4000yds, Cousins has 7 over 3500 including 6 over 4000 yards, Cousins has 7 straight years with 25+ TD's, Wentz hasn't managed consecutive 25 TD seasons.

Cousins is a better QB, who is talked down because he's such a morbidly uncool dork.

16 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Wentz hasn't had another season like his 2017, Wentz has 2 seasons over 3500yds including one over 4000yds, Cousins has 7 over 3500 including 6 over 4000 yards, Cousins has 7 straight years with 25+ TD's, Wentz hasn't managed consecutive 25 TD seasons.

Cousins is a better QB, who is talked down because he's such a morbidly uncool dork.

I’m not a fan of Cousins, because he doesn’t really win. He has had some serious talent around him and he doesn’t take them anywhere. 

Alejandro Villanueva has retired

Also, Jordan Hicks was released by Arizona