Fate of Former Eagles

time2rock

On 1/7/2022 at 5:57 PM, metal said:

Vinny Curry was waived by the Jets today

Ron Darby on IR. Some things don’t change.

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

If you want to call it that, Foles will either be cut traded or 3rd string again. 

You never know. It’s not like any of the two other options there are all that good right now either. 

56 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

You never know. It’s not like any of the two other options there are all that good right now either. 

If the bring him in it will be to develop Fields not relive the glory days with a back up QB

So Jared Goff and Carson Wentz were the big named QB's in the draft a few years ago, and look at them now. Weird how players look so good in college, then melt in the NFL sun and just fade away. I feel bad for Wentz, but life is what it is. If life hands me lemons, I throw those mother fu_ _ er's out the window!!!

7 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

So Jared Goff and Carson Wentz were the big named QB's in the draft a few years ago, and look at them now. Weird how players look so good in college, then melt in the NFL sun and just fade away. I feel bad for Wentz, but life is what it is. If life hands me lemons, I throw those mother fu_ _ er's out the window!!!

Goff actually played really well on a really bad team especially down the stretch and he hasn't missed a lot of time due to injury or broken V

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

If the bring him in it will be to develop Fields not relive the glory days with a back up QB

I’m sure that was the thoughts of the Cardinals when they brought in Kurt Warner too. If the other guy is the better option than so be it. In the end Doug’s job is to win football games and not coddle a quarterback he had nothing to do with them taking. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m sure that was the thoughts of the Cardinals when they brought in Kurt Warner too. If the other guy is the better option than so be it. In the end Doug’s job is to win football games and not coddle a quarterback he had nothing to do with them taking. 

True but the chances of that again are about zero especially for the Bears who don't have 3 hall of fame weapons waiting for Foles to throw too. 

21 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Do you feel bad for Sam Bradford?   Some QBs have better situations than others.   Some have bad luck with injuries.   But we're all our own worst enemies.   Wentz didn't make enough out of the situations that were in his control. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

True but the chances of that again are about zero especially for the Bears who don't have 3 hall of fame weapons waiting for Foles to throw too. 

Foles didn’t need 3 HOF weapons to throw to in order to win a Super Bowl. It’s no secret Doug’s most successful run as a HC was with Foles as his quarterback.

4 minutes ago, Mortimer said:

Do you feel bad for Sam Bradford?   Some QBs have better situations than others.   Some have bad luck with injuries.   But we're all our own worst enemies.   Wentz didn't make enough out of the situations that were in his control. 

I don’t see how anyone can feel bad for Bradford. He’s a millionaire and he’s barely had to play to earn any of it. He did get injured a lot though. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Foles didn’t need 3 HOF weapons to throw to in order to win a Super Bowl. It’s no secret Doug’s most successful run as a HC was with Foles as his quarterback.

Cool but you brought up the Cardinals and how Kurt did it. That's how Kurt did it. I hope it happens for you. I'm not gonna go back and forth over this when Doug isn't even the coach yet.

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t see how anyone can feel bad for Bradford. He’s a millionaire and he’s barely had to play to earn any of it. He did get injured a lot though. 

I don't feel bad for any professional athlete, unless they are dealing with life-altering injuries.   Pretty sure every single one of them would rather be themselves, than be me.

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Cool but you brought up the Cardinals and how Kurt did it. That's how Kurt did it. I hope it happens for you. I'm not gonna go back and forth over this when Doug isn't even the coach yet.

Nah I doesn’t matter to me either way. I like Foles and Doug, but I don’t care if they succeed or fail. They aren’t Eagles anymore. The only way I would openly root against them though was if that in some way helps the Eagles or they play for a divisional opponent. 

3 minutes ago, Mortimer said:

I don't feel bad for any professional athlete, unless they are dealing with life-altering injuries.   Pretty sure every single one of them would rather be themselves, than be me.

Some of these guys do just destroy their bodies for that game though. They make all that money, but by 50 many of them are killing themselves or just dying. Having little to moderate gain for all your life in the eyes of some is much better than having it all for a short period of time and then losing everything all at once. 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Some of these guys do just destroy their bodies for that game though. They make all that money, but by 50 many of them are killing themselves or just dying. Having little to moderate gain for all your life in the eyes of some is much better than having it all for a short period of time and then losing everything all at once. 

Exactly no amount of money will get rid of the brain damage, deep depression and thoughts of suicide to make the ringing in your head stop. Then the only friends you have are people that want your money.  I rather be an average Joe 

• Like 1

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

Exactly no amount of money will get rid of the brain damage, deep depression and thoughts of suicide to make the ringing in your head stop. Then the only friends you have are people that want your money.  I rather be an average Joe 

Think about Robin Williams. For all those years in the star light and then poof it’s all gone. It must take a tool on a person. When the Great Depression hit all the rich people were the ones killing themselves. The poor were used to being poor. 

Sounds like Doug’s coaching tour isn’t over. He’s set to interview with the Broncos and Vikings. The irony of Doug coaching the Vikings. 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Think about Robin Williams. For all those years in the star light and then poof it’s all gone. It must take a tool on a person. When the Great Depression hit all the rich people were the ones killing themselves. The poor were used to being poor. 

Sounds like Doug’s coaching tour isn’t over. He’s set to interview with the Broncos and Vikings. The irony of Doug coaching the Vikings. 

I like Doug I do hope he gets a good job. I would be interested to see how he does for an organization that isn't meddling in his business

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I like Doug I do hope he gets a good job. I would be interested to see how he does for an organization that isn't meddling in his business

I’m sure he takes any job he can, but if I’m him I’d want a job that gives me more autonomy than the Eagles did even if that isn’t having to do with picking players. 

28 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m sure he takes any job he can, but if I’m him I’d want a job that gives me more autonomy than the Eagles did even if that isn’t having to do with picking players. 

Doug would probably be thrilled to just be able to play who he wants to play

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Doug would probably be thrilled to just be able to play who he wants to play

Agreed. He’s earned that much at least. 

1 hour ago, Talonblood said:

Luck retired about 6 months before Wentz had that concussion which I think was worse than reported since it was the end of the year and even before the uncomfortable phone call with Howie about drafting Hurts, he probably had  thoughts of calling it quits himself. He played in 2020 like he had already checked out, and it’s how he played the last few games this season as well. The thoughts of more football in the playoffs was something he didn’t want to deal with and wanted the season to be over. 

54 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

Luck retired about 6 months before Wentz had that concussion which I think was worse than reported since it was the end of the year and even before the uncomfortable phone call with Howie about drafting Hurts, he probably had  thoughts of calling it quits himself. He played in 2020 like he had already checked out, and it’s how he played the last few games this season as well. The thoughts of more football in the playoffs was something he didn’t want to deal with and wanted the season to be over. 

To have all the tools, and not reach your potential- is my worst nightmare in my personal life. 

2 hours ago, Mortimer said:

On the Bradford question.... who is Sam Bradford would be my answer. 😆