Fate of Former Eagles

time2rock

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

The irony of Doug coaching the Vikings. 

Wouldn't that be a hoot?!

:roll:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, D-Shiznit said:

Peter King alluded to the same thing, it's plausible that Wentz is 1 and done in Indy.

It will depend what they can do in free agency and draft to replace him. I doubt they can replace him after one year so think he gets another go next season

48 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

It will depend what they can do in free agency and draft to replace him. I doubt they can replace him after one year so think he gets another go next season

Thing is, if Wentz doesn't turn it around next season, Reich will for sure be fired, maybe even Ballard.

Do those two guys want to risk their jobs on Wentz? They could draft a QB and buy themselves some more time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Thing is, if Wentz doesn't turn it around next season, Reich will for sure be fired, maybe even Ballard.

Do those two guys want to risk their jobs on Wentz? They could draft a QB and buy themselves some more time.

They could, I don't think they are position to do so this year though

5 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

The thing is, they don't have a 1st round pick to do so.  Unless they trade quite a bit of future assets, they'd have to take one in the 2nd.  Now where have we seen that before?  Can you imagine Wentz going through that again?  :lol:

• Haha 4

22 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Could always trade for Kirk Cousins. Maybe a swap 4 swap? Meanwhile Daughter gets the Vikings job. 😂😭

4 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

FI7KSnHXoA0_Fxi?format=jpg&name=large

:roll:

They tried to silence you, but they only made it worse. 😂🤣😂

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, time2rock said:

I wish he would go play for another league so I don't have to keep looking at this clowns name. Followed by at least 3 people saying how in shock they are because he was the best player in the entire league for a game and a half. 

On 1/11/2022 at 9:45 PM, D-Shiznit said:

Peter King alluded to the same thing, it's plausible that Wentz is 1 and done in Indy.

I actually think he is going the route of Kevin Kolb.....

• Like 1

Can’t wait to make a post about Reagor in this thread some day … hopefully soon!! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Former Eagles OC (lol) and current Colts WR coach Mike Groh interviewed for vacant OC position in Carolina.  

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2022/1/12/22881168/report-panthers-interviewed-colts-wr-coach-mike-groh-for-open-offensive-coordinator-position

They must be desperate.

Sometimes things don't work out a person's first time. A lot of people laughed at the Patriots for hiring Belichick after he was fired by the Browns. You just never know. Groh might have been more of a scapegoat here anyway. He was a good WR coach.

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

Sometimes things don't work out a person's first time. A lot of people laughed at the Patriots for hiring Belichick after he was fired by the Browns. You just never know. Groh might have been more of a scapegoat here anyway. He was a good WR coach.

He was a good WR coach indeed.  I can't put the blame on him (Groh) for accepting the offer to be promoted to OC after Reich left - that was on Doug.  The offense stank after Reich and Flip left (not saying anyone in particular was the "brains" behind the creativity we saw in 2017 but collectively the 3 together were solid).  I always thought they should have hired a seasoned vet OC like Caldwell who (likely) would have helped Wentz tremendously rather than promote from within and move a completely raw Groh into the position.  

• 2 weeks later...

Blake Countess is getting a Super Bowl ring. 

• Haha 1

Carson Wentz is getting released. I can't wait all the Wentz boys crying let's bring him back. NNNNNo Thanks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

Carson Wentz is getting released. I can't wait all the Wentz boys crying let's bring him back. NNNNNo Thanks.

Wentz coming back would be funny. All the people saying everyone, but the quarterback is awesome today would immediately switch and say everyone stinks, but the quarterback again. Wentz coming back on a one year prove it humble pie deal frankly would be fun to see. 

• Like 1

I really don't think the reports are as true as some people think. Wentz had a decent season overall, but ended poorly. The bad ending will have fans and media griping during the offseason, but right now, there isn't exactly an alternative. Their best bet might be to roll with him another year and try to develop a day 2 QB from this year's draft. 

23 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I really don't think the reports are as true as some people think. Wentz had a decent season overall, but ended poorly. The bad ending will have fans and media griping during the offseason, but right now, there isn't exactly an alternative. Their best bet might be to roll with him another year and try to develop a day 2 QB from this year's draft. 

Get your popcorn ready!!