Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

I am so Fing ready for this game after listening to that 5OT lightning game. But if that happens to the flyers i can guarantee i will have a stroke before it ends 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, devpool said:

I am so Fing ready for this game after listening to that 5OT lightning game. But if that happens to the flyers i can guarantee i will have a stroke before it ends 

Those kinds of games are so fun to watch but they’re brutal on the players.  I’d imagine it takes an entire series of very short shifts to recover from that kind of beating.

Three games on the ice today. I’d imagine it’s going to slow the game up a bit by the time we play. 

2 hours ago, MIRV Griffen said:

Those kinds of games are so fun to watch but they’re brutal on the players.  I’d imagine it takes an entire series of very short shifts to recover from that kind of beating.

I used to be beat after playing for one hour, I cannot imagine how those guys are feeling today

I think Price steals one maybe 2 games but that’s it. Flyers in 5 maybe 6 

57 minutes ago, devpool said:

I used to be beat after playing for one hour, I cannot imagine how those guys are feeling today

I’m still beat after our Wednesday night hockey but then again I’m 59 playing against guys half my age. Beers taste oh so good afterwards though 😁🍻

58 minutes ago, NoDak Eagle said:

I’m still beat after our Wednesday night hockey but then again I’m 59 playing against guys half my age. Beers taste oh so good afterwards though 😁🍻

We kept some on the bench:lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, devpool said:

We kept some on the bench:lol:

That’s mandatory 

Alright PP!!!! Provy... pretty sure someone on the habs tipped it 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Alright PP!!!! Provy... pretty sure someone on the habs tipped it 

It was 

Funny thing is if the Flyers somehow win the Cup it would be the second time in Hakstols career when he left a team and the following year that team won it all. In 2015 he left the University of North Dakota for Philly and in 2016 they won the national championship. Let’s hope it happens with the Flyers this time around 

1 minute ago, NoDak Eagle said:

Hart looking real good thus far 

It’s nice to have a legitimate number 1 goalie for once!

• Like 2

Don’t know why price is pissed his own defenseman crossed checked grant into him. 

11 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I understood it as ESPN wanted to go all in on the NBA and shunned the NHL.  Maybe I am wrong.  But it wasn't NBC who bought the package originally it was OLN, a Canadian hunting channel.  Which was bought by Comcast and re-branded as "Versus".  Then Comcast acquired a majority stake in NBC and that's when they merged and became NBC Sports.  So as much as I hate Comcast, you have to thank them and their desire to rule the world.  If you remember, Comcast tried to take over ABC/Disney and that failed so I believe that is what lead to the NBC deal.  

So to summarize...

F - ESPN

Yeah pretty close to what you said 

Before the 2004–05 lockout, the NHL had reached two separate deals with NBC (who would replace ABC as the NHL's American national broadcast television partner) and ESPN. ESPN offered the NHL $60 million for about 40 games (only fifteen of which would be during the regular season), all on ESPN2, with presumably, only some midweek playoff games, the first two games of the Stanley Cup Final and the All-Star Game airing on ESPN.[8][better source needed]

NBC's deal involved a revenue sharing agreement with the NHL as opposed to a traditional rights fee, and included rights to six regular season windows, seven postseason broadcasts and games 3–7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. ESPN had a two-year deal that they opted out of after the lockout, leaving the NHL without a cable partner. In August 2005, Comcast(who owns the Philadelphia Flyers) paid $70 million a year for three years to put games (54 or more games each season under the agreement, generally on Monday and Tuesday nights) on OLN, later known as Versus. Due to the abbreviated off-season, the 2005–06 schedule did not offer OLN exclusivity, which they received in 2006–07. Versus would also cover the playoffs and exclusively air Games 1 and 2 of the Stanley Cup Finals.

NBC has continued to serve as the NHL's long-term U.S. broadcast partner. Following the purchase of NBC by Comcast and the merger of Versus into NBC Sports as NBC Sports Network, the broadcast and cable rights were unified in the 2011-12 season and renewed through 2020–21 season.

A little sloppy towards the end of the period but not bad overall.   Not bad at all.

Love how comfortable Hart looks. He doesnt give up softies which is refreshing for a change.