Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Ok. Laughton. That’s what you do with an open net.  You don’t slap shot it from 10 feet away.  You wrist it and place the shot.  

Yep. All he would of had to do was flip it over the defender who was on his a** 

Not the Flyers best period of hockey. Felt they got outplayed for much of that period. Montreal setting the tempo in that period and it’s exactly what they want which is very chaotic, chasing pucks and flyers making bad decisions with the puck.  but still up a goal is nice. Let’s take it to them in the 3rd. 

• Like 1

Vigneault will put the boys in play for the 3rd. Lucky to escape that 2nd with a lead. I expect a lot more from us to take this home in the 3rd

The fact that they played an absolutely terrible 2nd period and still came out with the lead is great, if they can play even average in the 3rd they should be ok but obviously would like to see them get on track

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Ice is an equalizer 

Yup. It’s a crap show out there cause of the ice. NHL might have wanted to think about having more than 2 hub cities cause the ice is definitely causing issues. You can see it with some of the passes trying to get out of the zone it just doesn’t carry and puck handling. 

Need a better 20 for sure this period 

Just now, Shocker54 said:

Shouldn't be a problem in the later rounds because there will be less teams and therefore less games

And the weather will be cooler too 

I’ve missed confident healthy ghost. If he keeps playing this way it’s only going to pay dividends!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shocker54 said:

Shouldn't be a problem in the later rounds because there will be less teams and therefore less games

Ice being an equalizer Hurts you as the higher seed until that point. Frankly i rather be the first game of the day then the late game. I’m betting on Friday the ice is much better as we are the 3pm game (first game of the day)

Also when it gets to September and closer to October the weather starts to cool down and less humidity should also help. 

5 minutes ago, Shocker54 said:

They should have the Cup final in Russia because they have a Covid vaccine now!

😂

6 minutes ago, Shocker54 said:

Provy is ok with this. Not sure Russia has forgiven the Flyers organization for the broad street bullies punishing them lol 

Just now, DBW said:

Hey the refs finally got to the rinks!

Might be pregnant... they missed two periods 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Shocker54 said:

Trump getting that or nah?

I love 4 on 3 power plays. So much space to work! Let’s go for the dagger here!