Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

Don’t worry by 2040 we will finally have a coach. 

Unbelievable. TB to their third straight Stanley Cup Finals!! Ran off four straight wins against NY.

Not three straight playoff appearances, not three straight first round wins, not three straight second round wins, BUT THREE STRAIGHT STANLEY CUP FINALS. 🙃

The local team here can't even make the damn playoffs. 

59 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Unbelievable. TB to their third straight Stanley Cup Finals!! Ran off four straight wins against NY.

Not three straight playoff appearances, not three straight first round wins, not three straight second round wins, BUT THREE STRAIGHT STANLEY CUP FINALS. 🙃

The local team here can't even make the damn playoffs. 

Tampa sports got it made with their franchises. Too bad the fan base is trash and take those championships for granted and we starve for 1 in our lifetime. Welcome to Philadelphia sports where it’s more than a struggle.

If Trotz and Torts are really the 2 finalists, hope they go with Trotz.  Torts would be big meh 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, RoadToHell said:

Tampa sports got it made with their franchises. Too bad the fan base is trash and take those championships for granted and we starve for 1 in our lifetime. Welcome to Philadelphia sports where it’s more than a struggle.

If the Eagles win a few more Super Bowls I’ll feel better about this.  :lol: 

At least when they fire fletcher next offseason there’s a chance they also fire torts. 

Choosing John Tortorella over Barry Trotz would be a Chuck Fletcher-thing to do.

Watch whoever hires Trotz vault up the standings over the next 2-3 years, while Tortorella appears sporadically on SportsCentre clips blowing a gasket in postgame interviews 

• Like 2

On 5/24/2022 at 2:32 PM, EaglesRocker97 said:

Tortorella is the epitome of a washed-up retread whose act grew tired long ago.

In other words, just the kind of man the Flyers are looking for!

giphy.gif.e50d1080010839df0a937a42e8a15e17.gif

This front office is clueless…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Choosing John Tortorella over Barry Trotz would be a Chuck Fletcher-thing to do.

Watch whoever hires Trotz vault up the standings over the next 2-3 years, while Tortorella appears sporadically on SportsCentre clips blowing a gasket in postgame interviews 

They didn't. Apparently Trotz turned them down. 

Torts the first choice?

By all accounts he was not. According to multiple sources from both within and outside the organization, Tortorella was second on the Flyers wish list behind only recently fired New York Islanders coach Barry Trotz.

According to two Flyers sources, Trotz, who started narrowing down his potential landing spots Monday, turned down an offer from the Flyers early on Tuesday, which led to the Flyers pivoting to Tortorella.

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2022/06/flyers-to-hire-john-tortorella-as-next-head-coach.html

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gannan said:

I believe this to be true because the Flyers are a bottom 5 NHL team.  Trotz already spent the first 5-6 years of his career (many years ago) building the Predators from doormats to a contending team.  He knows there's a ton of work to do with the Flyers and he'll have better offers.  I doubt Tortorella will have other offers. 

Having said that, I don't think Tortorella is a bad coach at all; I just don't think his bombastic nature and personality will fit with a Flyers team that needs to get younger and develop players.  He'll spar with the media and get burned out before the team is anywhere near contending, IMO.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gannan said:

They didn't. Apparently Trotz turned them down. 

Smart man.

6 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

I believe this to be true because the Flyers are a bottom 5 NHL team.  Trotz already spent the first 5-6 years of his career (many years ago) building the Predators from doormats to a contending team.  He knows there's a ton of work to do with the Flyers and he'll have better offers.  I doubt Tortorella will have other offers. 

Having said that, I don't think Tortorella is a bad coach at all; I just don't think his bombastic nature and personality will fit with a Flyers team that needs to get younger and develop players.  He'll spar with the media and get burned out before the team is anywhere near contending, IMO.    

I expect the flyers to fire fletcher next offseason. And then look for a new coach the following offseason. 

Just give Briere the GM chair and then bring in Timmonen to coach. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bill said:

Just give Briere the GM chair and then bring in Timmonen to coach. 

I’m actually expecting briere becomes GM after they fire fletcher next offseason. Then I suspect he fires Torts after the 23-24 season. 

Another retread HC. Great.

I guess it's better than another college/out of the box Coach hiring.

• Like 1