Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

They just re-signed Braun too to block the young defensive prospects. 

Complete garbage franchise.

Every move is somehow worse than the one before.  It’s actually impressive 

All you can do is laugh now. This has got to be one of the worst offseasons for any team in the city in the last 20 years. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, devpool said:

All you can do is laugh now. This has got to be one of the worst offseasons for any team in the city in the last 20 years. 

I think what makes it worse is the flyers organization believes they are doing a good job 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think what makes it worse is the flyers organization believes they are doing a good job 

As clueless as Dave Scott and Comcast are, there is no way they see this and watch literally all of hockey media clowning this team and think that everything is fine. And if they do, they deserve to see an empty arena which they most likely will. 

LMFAO. So what was the purpose of buying out lindblom? To give a 31 year old goon a 4 year contract?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, devpool said:

LMFAO. So what was the purpose of buying out lindblom? To give a 31 year old goon a 4 year contract?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I can’t remember a franchise in this city more poorly run… yes I’m including Harold Katz working out Shawn Bradley in his driveway and the Steve Jeltz era Phillies.

• Like 1

How I miss the days of the Legion of Doom, didn't win it all but those were fun times, this team is pretty much dead. <_<

Wanna make it clear that I didn't particularly want JG here as his contract would've rawdogged this team for its entirety. However, you cannot go into an offseason promising an "aggressive retool" and then publicly say you weren't even in on a star player who was reported to literally be telling his friends he wanted to come here.

And all you come away with is:

A problem-child offensive defenseman (with a defensive minded coach) that you traded 3 picks for and then re-signed for 5mil (our top 4 d man now cost almost 20% of the cap)

An overpaid, 31 year old, 4th line goon

An old third pairing defenseman who should be in the press box all season (making almost 2mil)

A 32 year old goalie with 5 NHL appearances 

And then a bunch of even more obscure nobodies. Yea, real aggressive. The cap is tight, they knew that last season. Yet they still blew smoke up everyone's ass about this "aggressive retool". 

And on top of all that you bought out the last year of a contract for one of maybe 3 players on the team that anyone likes, for literally zero reason. 

The poor PR team is probably going to jump off of a bridge after the last few days

• Sad 1

Are people finally catching on? We can only hope.

FB_IMG_1657918018583.thumb.jpg.62d9406e29ad0745f6b047a4440e2a80.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

He gave a 13th forward a modified NTC for 2 years:roll::roll:

Yea sure 20 teams doesn’t restrict them a whole lot and its only 2 of the 4(!!!!) years, but to give this guy ANY type of NTC is absolute lunacy.  They have to be tanking. There's no way

I've said it before but this organization gives out NTC's like they are candy. Unbelievable.

I’m betting there’s more than 20 teams that don’t want him especially on that contract but giving him the NTC just shows how dumb the flyers are. Frankly at this point i think Chuck is actively trying to get fired 

• Like 2