HBO Max

Gannan

2 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

The mom was the best 

Spoiler

Lol one daughter was pretty much publicly shaming the other daughter to the whole school and she's just clapping and laughing away

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I haven't been a fan of the play. I think it's lazy writing

Hide contents

Also I don't know how the school allowed that scene with the jocks. It looked like Cassie, Maddie, and Kat weren't happy about their portrayal but then once the jock scene with Nate came on everyone was cheering

It was funny how the drunk mom didn't seem to care how she was portrayed to the whole school

Agree. The show was pretty realistic up until that point. The idea that not only would the school sanction a student written play, performed solely for the gratification of one student to humiliate her peers, but also provide Broadway quality production values was more than a little over the top. 

15 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Peacemaker wasn't what I thought it'd be

Hide contents

I was expecting him to be a ruthless killer and not someone who is having a change of heart

I'm not a big fan of Cena

There were a lot of funny moments once I got over the change of heart character from suicide squad though

I think Cena is one of the biggest tool bags in the entertainment industry. He's arguably a bigger tool than Lebron which is really saying something. I enjoyed the show despite that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gannan said:

Agree. The show was pretty realistic up until that point. The idea that not only would the school sanction a student written play, performed solely for the gratification of one student to humiliate her peers, but also provide Broadway quality production values was more than a little over the top. 

Good point.

Spoiler

That just wouldn't be allowed to happen. The mother and everyone were cheering while the daughter just publicly shamed her sister and a bunch of students

On 2/22/2022 at 9:45 AM, Gannan said:

I think Cena is one of the biggest tool bags in the entertainment industry. He's arguably a bigger tool than Lebron which is really saying something. I enjoyed the show despite that. 

Well in fairness I think most roles make him play that role because he is a big muscular meat head. They reference him several times in the Peacemaker as being a complete dooooo-sh

9 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well in fairness I think most roles make him play that role because he is a big muscular meat head. They reference him several times in the Peacemaker as being a complete dooooo-sh

It goes beyond that. I used to watch him on a reality show and he comes off as a total arse. 

• Like 1

Euphoria 2.7 broke storytelling.  What an amazing hour of television, I'm blown away with how they wrapped so much together and the way they did it.  It's like they took a Coen brothers or Charlie Kaufman movie and put a candy lollipop coating over it.

On 2/21/2022 at 6:45 PM, Mike030270 said:

I haven't been a fan of the play. I think it's lazy writing

Reveal hidden contents

Also I don't know how the school allowed that scene with the jocks. It looked like Cassie, Maddie, and Kat weren't happy about their portrayal but then once the jock scene with Nate came on everyone was cheering

It was funny how the drunk mom didn't seem to care how she was portrayed to the whole school

You're crazy.  if you are going to hate on it, do it for being overambitious.  it would be lazy to call it lazy.

On 2/22/2022 at 10:44 AM, Gannan said:

The 2nd season left reality a while ago.  If you jumped in without watching the first you'd say "there's a high school?".  It was never really a high school drama to begin with, it was a drama about youth, sex and drugs with high school as a backdrop at best.  Ep 2.7 even parodies itself about the whole deal, notice the WAAAAY too old balding students in the front row.

Free Guy is on max now.  Watched it this morning.  It’s a good movie, entertaining, humorous if you’re a gamer, probably not for those that haven’t ever played an open world game. 

When I talk about Cena being a gigantic tool, this is the kind of thing I’m talking about

6 hours ago, Gannan said:

When I talk about Cena being a gigantic tool, this is the kind of thing I’m talking about

Well that is to be expected, that's what makes the Peacemaker that much more funny. 

On 2/22/2022 at 9:45 AM, Gannan said:

i'm on ep 3 and really trying to look past cena's toolbagishness and over-acting. the show tries way too hard to be edgy...but i'll stick with it for now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

i'm on ep 3 and really trying to look past cena's toolbagishness and over-acting. the show tries way too hard to be edgy...but i'll stick with it for now. 

It's funny more than anything else. It definitely made me laugh every episode. 

20 hours ago, Gannan said:

you prob disliked the scene where he brags about his tool ? 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

That's the point! They are clearly playing off of him being a tool and doing the overacting to be funny. They literally make fun of him for all this stuff during the show

Some of you over think these shows. 

• Like 1

On 2/24/2022 at 7:00 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

18 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

That's the point! They are clearly playing off of him being a tool and doing the overacting to be funny. They literally make fun of him for all this stuff during the show

Cena also makes fun of himself a lot through this movie, whatever its called. "Blockers" I think. This line alone killed me :lol: 

25 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

Cena also makes fun of himself a lot through this movie, whatever its called. "Blockers" I think. This line alone killed me :lol: 

Lol! Exactly! Like when they put Mark Wahlberg in comedy movies.... Dude isn't funny and is also a tool and that's what makes it funny 

16 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Lol! Exactly! Like when they put Mark Wahlberg in comedy movies.... Dude isn't funny and is also a tool and that's what makes it funny 

how dare you GIF

• Haha 2

On 2/28/2022 at 5:19 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

:lol:  him not being funny just isn't that funny. i don't care how many times they have him sing & dance along to some horrible metal song. 

anyway, the show was okay...some of the humor landed...some didn't. i did enjoy the sidekick type characters & the cameo at the end was surprising. 

47 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

:lol:  him not being funny just isn't that funny. i don't care how many times they have him sing & dance along to some horrible metal song. 

anyway, the show was okay...some of the humor landed...some didn't. i did enjoy the sidekick type characters & the cameo at the end was surprising. 

I can watch that scene of him singing to choirboys after banging that chick 8 billion times

On 2/27/2022 at 2:37 PM, Gannan said:

On 2/27/2022 at 9:25 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well that is to be expected, that's what makes the Peacemaker that much more funny. 

5 minutes ago, NOTW said:

What a bunch of hateful people you all are

On 3/1/2022 at 9:03 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

I thought he was funny in Ted when he started naming off trailer trash female names. He wasn’t wrong 

• Haha 1