HBO Max

Gannan

The new show about the Lakers is awesome. I'm totally hooked and can't wait for more episodes. This is coming from someone who despises the Lakers. Reilly does a great job as Buss. Was Kareem really that much of a D bag in real life? This was all a little before my time.

• Like 2

The new scream is on max.  Like you’d expect it’s Pretty much exactly like the first one and the second one and the third one and yeah the 4th one…..They ripped off their own idea multiple times now 😂  

I’d still bang Neve Campbell but Courtney Cox is a plastic surgery train wreck now. 

9 hours ago, DBW said:

The new scream is on max.  Like you’d expect it’s Pretty much exactly like the first one and the second one and the third one and yeah the 4th one…..They ripped off their own idea multiple times now 😂  

I’d still bang Neve Campbell but Courtney Cox is a plastic surgery train wreck now. 

I can’t find it anywhere on HBO max - you sure it’s in there?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I think he confused it with Paramount +

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

:lol:

Same thing happened to me 10 mins ago. It’s on paramount + but didn’t see it anywhere else 

3 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

3 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

I think he confused it with Paramount +

3 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

:lol:

Same thing happened to me 10 mins ago. It’s on paramount + but didn’t see it anywhere else 

Sorry guys….paramount+  I can’t keep all these streaming services straight 😂 

• Haha 2

On 3/10/2022 at 2:00 AM, DBW said:

Sorry guys….paramount+  I can’t keep all these streaming services straight 😂 

I tried to watch this today.... Holy sheet it's boring AF. I couldn't even get throught the first hour without asleep

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I tried to watch this today.... Holy sheet it's boring AF. I couldn't even get throught the first hour without asleep

Yeah seen 1 seen them all.  Only watched for shots of Neve’s ass in tight jeans and maybe a cleavage shot but not even enough of that 😂 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

wasn’t that bad. I have zero expectations and watching now. It’s alright and a decent waste of a few hours. 

2 hours ago, homerpat said:

wasn’t that bad. I have zero expectations and watching now. It’s alright and a decent waste of a few hours. 

It certainly isn't that good. It's basically the same movie as the others, now they just have the ghost of billy chasing them around lol. That made it so much better 🙄. Also when. Did frosted hair make a come back? Were they going retro to make the landline more believable? Lol

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

It certainly isn't that good. It's basically the same movie as the others, now they just have the ghost of billy chasing them around lol. That made it so much better 🙄. Also when. Did frosted hair make a come back? Were they going retro to make the landline more believable? Lol

I apologize. I responded before finishing and seeing the motivation. Yeah it wasn’t great. Still run of the mill for most horror

• Like 1

On 3/7/2022 at 9:31 PM, RoadToHell said:

I thought he was funny in Ted when he started naming off trailer trash female names. He wasn’t wrong 

Ted is absolutely hilarious.  I didn't think I could like it, but Seth McFarland made it work. 

"Is that a sh**t??"

I only made it about 45 minutes through Antlers. Holy hell was that boring. Does anything ever happen in the movie after the 45 minute mark?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kz! said:

I only made it about 45 minutes through Antlers. Holy hell was that boring. Does anything ever happen in the movie after the 45 minute mark?

Not really - the first half of the movie was better than the second half, IMO 

• Like 2

On 3/15/2022 at 10:15 AM, BFit said:

anyone started watching this yet? looks like it could be decent

I’m watching it and hoping the next episode gets better, but not happening IMO.

• 1 month later...

"The Batman" now streaming. I wasn't going to watch it because I've seen and read Batman origin stories over a dozen times by now, but I figured I'd at least give it a shot. This was surprisingly well done. It had elements of the Gotham show (which I never finished) and the telltale video game as well as the comics. I thought the twilight kid made a pretty good batman. It was dark and well directed albeit a bit too long.... like dances with wolves long. 

7 hours ago, Gannan said:

"The Batman" now streaming. I wasn't going to watch it because I've seen and read Batman origin stories over a dozen times by now, but I figured I'd at least give it a shot. This was surprisingly well done. It had elements of the Gotham show (which I never finished) and the telltale video game as well as the comics. I thought the twilight kid made a pretty good batman. It was dark and well directed albeit a bit too long.... like dances with wolves long. 

I thought it was the best Batman since the original.  I liked that they didn’t make it an origin story and focus on the Wayne’s being killed and poor Bruce, etc. it’s an "early” Batman and he’s figuring it all out.  You can see the change in him throughout going from "vengeance” to "the Batman.” 

15 hours ago, DBW said:

I thought it was the best Batman since the original.  I liked that they didn’t make it an origin story and focus on the Wayne’s being killed and poor Bruce, etc. it’s an "early” Batman and he’s figuring it all out.  You can see the change in him throughout going from "vengeance” to "the Batman.” 

It wasn't as good as the Nolan Batman movies. I doubt they'll ever be topped, but I liked this one better than any Batman movie besides those 3. 

Overall, I enjoyed Batman. It honestly felt like it could have been a Nolan Batman. Had the same dark/gritty feel to it. Edward Cullen has a great jawline for the role. Riddler was a cool bad guy. But...

Spoiler

I thought the ending was insanely anti-climactic. No big boss battle. Just a fist fight with some guys who have already shot up the crowd on top of a jumbotron. That said, I was pleasantly surprised this movie didn't go back into the origin story. 

On 3/9/2022 at 12:01 PM, Gannan said:

The new show about the Lakers is awesome. I'm totally hooked and can't wait for more episodes. This is coming from someone who despises the Lakers. Reilly does a great job as Buss. Was Kareem really that much of a D bag in real life? This was all a little before my time.

I was planning on checking it out because I love watching stuff from that era of basketball, but I'm soured by the fact that the writers unnecessarily fictionalized so much of the story so much so that Jerry West is suing them.  

5 minutes ago, Kz! said:

I was planning on checking it out because I love watching stuff from that era of basketball, but I'm soured by the fact that the writers unnecessarily fictionalized so much of the story so much so that Jerry West is suing them.  

Yeah they don't make West look good. Same with Kareem and Buss. Larry Bird also comes across really bad. Last night's episode was very flattering to Dr. J however. 

4 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Yeah they don't make West look good. Same with Kareem and Buss. Larry Bird also comes across really bad. Last night's episode was very flattering to Dr. J however. 

Not that I feel bad for rich people, but the only person I maybe feel a little bad for is Magic's wife. She's one of the only people portrayed positively in the show, but Magic's extreme aids-catching, man-h00ring is on full display, and I'm sure that's a time in her life she's worked to get past and can't enjoy having it brought up and highlighted so effing much :lol: 

• Like 1