HBO Max

Gannan

4 hours ago, Gannan said:

It wasn't as good as the Nolan Batman movies. I doubt they'll ever be topped, but I liked this one better than any Batman movie besides those 3. 

Story/plot/visuals/cinematography wise I would agree but Nolan as Batman was super annoying. The voice was so over the top it was mocked repeatedly and still is to this day.  They need to remaster the movie and fix the voice.  😂 

24 minutes ago, DBW said:

Story/plot/visuals/cinematography wise I would agree but Nolan as Batman was super annoying. The voice was so over the top it was mocked repeatedly and still is to this day.  They need to remaster the movie and fix the voice.  😂 

Nolan was the director :huh:

Christian Bale played Batman in those movies

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, DBW said:

I forgot I texted myself on the second viewing of this movie so that I could post my example here.

Since its on HBO Max, I dare any of you to skip ahead to the Batman-Riddler scene in Arkham. I'm pretty sure Batman's line where he says "you're a pathetic psychopath!" was 100% dubbed over by Christian Bale, because it is the EXACT voice as that batman. 

32 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Nolan was the director :huh:

Christian Bale played Batman in those movies

Sorry yes I meant bale.  

3 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I forgot I texted myself on the second viewing of this movie so that I could post my example here.

Since its on HBO Max, I dare any of you to skip ahead to the Batman-Riddler scene in Arkham. I'm pretty sure Batman's line where he says "you're a pathetic psychopath!" was 100% dubbed over by Christian Bale, because it is the EXACT voice as that batman. 

I think you’re right!  I noticed that too when I saw it in the theater.  

6 hours ago, Gannan said:

Yeah they don't make West look good. Same with Kareem and Buss. Larry Bird also comes across really bad. Last night's episode was very flattering to Dr. J however. 

I mean it says it at the end of every episode that it's dramatized for entertainment and story purposes. Yet people are still biotching that it's not real lol. It will get cancelled because people can't watch anything with out picking it apart for something it's not even trying to be. It's not " the last dance" it's not supposed to be serious. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Feel like Barry isn't talked about and is a great show. 

watched first three episodes when it started. Does it get better, or is that just tone of the show?

11 minutes ago, homerpat said:

watched first three episodes when it started. Does it get better, or is that just tone of the show?

Don't remember those but it was written by Hader and Alec Berg so it's in the style of Curb with darker comedy. 

I haven’t watched the new eps because I haven’t had time yet to rewatch season 2. 

On 3/20/2022 at 9:58 PM, DaEagles4Life said:

Looks great 

Since I’m home sick, I just binged season one in one day.  I really liked it. I’ll be disappointed if there is no season 2.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

Since I’m home sick, I just binged season one in one day.  I really liked it. I’ll be disappointed if there is no season 2.

Just watched the first episode last night and have enjoyed it so far 

I'm into the 2nd episode of Tokyo Vice and really enjoying it. Do they ever explain how he became so fluent in Japanese at such a young age?

On 5/6/2022 at 11:07 AM, Gannan said:

I'm into the 2nd episode of Tokyo Vice and really enjoying it. Do they ever explain how he became so fluent in Japanese at such a young age?

He practiced Japanese literature in Japen after he graduated high school I believe 

• Like 1

On 5/7/2022 at 12:46 PM, DaEagles4Life said:

He practiced Japanese literature in Japen after he graduated high school I believe 

Correct.  He was studying there for about 5 years before he worked at the paper.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 1:02 PM, Shepard Wong said:

Just finished, It’s worthy of a second season.  Hate you to see them hanging after last episode.

I thought I finished Tokyo Vice, but didn't and episode 8 was tremendous. Show still seems underrated to me. 

• Like 1

I'm really enjoying the Time Traveler's wife. My wife and I saw a movie based on the book years ago. It was ok, but so far this series is much much better. 

Season 1 of TD is probably my favorite singe season of television ever. Season 3 was good and bounced back nicely from season 2, which was probably one of my least favorite seasons of a show ever.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Kz! said:

Season 1 of TD is probably my favorite singe season of television ever. Season 3 was good and bounced back nicely from season 2, which was probably one of my least favorite seasons of a show ever.

Season 1 is up there for me as well - along with Season 2 of The Leftovers and Season 6 of GoT

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kz! said:

Season 1 was so good.  It really is among the great tv series seasons ever made.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Season 1 is up there for me as well - along with Season 2 of The Leftovers and Season 6 of GoT

Still haven't checked that show out, but want to. I heard Season 1 was trash, though, so it's hard for me to get started on it.

3 minutes ago, Kz! said:

Still haven't checked that show out, but want to. I heard Season 1 was trash, though, so it's hard for me to get started on it.

Not trash but just an ok show.  Season 2 was incredible though

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kz! said:

I began it in the month leading up to Succession re-airing last spring/summer. I was burning through those episodes like I was addicted to crack

• Like 1