Walking Dead Thread

heyeaglefn

Whatever happened to The Walking Dead: World Beyond? Saw one episode and couldn't stomach the rest. Early FTWD was good. Better than TWD at times. Then once they killed off both parents and the brother, it slid hard. When they got rid of John Dorie that was it for me. He was one of the few characters who was genuinely likeable.

fear-the-walking-dead-midseason-shocker-

• Like 5

4 hours ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

Whatever happened to The Walking Dead: World Beyond? Saw one episode and couldn't stomach the rest. Early FTWD was good. Better than TWD at times. Then once they killed off both parents and the brother, it slid hard. When they got rid of John Dorie that was it for me. He was one of the few characters who was genuinely likeable.

fear-the-walking-dead-midseason-shocker-

Yeah fear sucks hard.  They nuked the crap out of Texas and somehow still survive the fallout.  

• 2 weeks later...

OK so 3 episodes through Daryl Dixon, it's not bad!  I do wonder though

Spoiler

The boy who was born after his mother was bitten and turned - are they going to rip off The Last of Us and make him be immune?  

On 9/26/2023 at 3:59 PM, mikemack8 said:

OK so 3 episodes through Daryl Dixon, it's not bad!  I do wonder though

Hide contents

The boy who was born after his mother was bitten and turned - are they going to rip off The Last of Us and make him be immune?  

No I do t think that’s what they’re doing.  How far into the apocalypse are we now?  You’d think by this time that people would have suspected that could happen and would have tried to do something with that by now.  I think the Nuns aren’t who we think they are and have different plans for the kid that what is being presented on the surface. 

10 hours ago, DBW said:

No I do t think that’s what they’re doing.  How far into the apocalypse are we now?  You’d think by this time that people would have suspected that could happen and would have tried to do something with that by now.  I think the Nuns aren’t who we think they are and have different plans for the kid that what is being presented on the surface. 

I guess we shall see.  I just don't have much faith in Gimple and his goons to come up with something original :lol: 

• 2 weeks later...

Hate the fact darryl Dixon is in France simply because I can’t half pay attention because it’s half in subtitles.  You have to watch every second of it.  So annoying 

I just realised that there is another Walking Dead program that no one in the UK is willing to broadcast out at the moment.  Is the Daryl one any good, or more the FTWD standard?

1 hour ago, UK Eagle said:

I just realised that there is another Walking Dead program that no one in the UK is willing to broadcast out at the moment.  Is the Daryl one any good, or more the FTWD standard?

It’s been good to really good in my opinion 

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

It’s been good to really good in my opinion 

Nice.  If I see it, I'll give it a watch. 

8 hours ago, UK Eagle said:

It’s good, better than fear and high school musical dead.  You need to be able watch with full attention though, the subtitles are a pain.  Mostly everyone speaks french except for Darryl and they only talk English when talking to a darryl which makes no sense because it’s clear they’re all multi lingual.  Just speak English.  😂 

15 hours ago, DBW said:

It’s good, better than fear and high school musical dead.  You need to be able watch with full attention though, the subtitles are a pain.  Mostly everyone speaks french except for Darryl and they only talk English when talking to a darryl which makes no sense because it’s clear they’re all multi lingual.  Just speak English.  😂 

Interesting  I take it's not the "French" we used get on TV over years ago

mangetout-ben.gif

I don't mind the subtitles - they're in France, of course they're going to speak French when talking to another French person.  

2 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

I don't mind the subtitles - they're in France, of course they're going to speak French when talking to another French person.  

It’s just too much IMO.  One second it’s English and the next it’s french. Blink and you’ll miss it.  I find myself turning up the volume to understand them and the remember I don’t speak french so that’s not helpful 😂 

• Haha 1

On 10/15/2023 at 11:12 PM, mikemack8 said:

Finale was good - the next season with Carol looks really good too

Would have been bad ass if it was Rick that showed up at the end.  

14 hours ago, DBW said:

Nah he's got his own show coming with Michonne - I do wonder if the ultimate goal here is to eventually get all these people back together again for one huge finale that ends this universe forever.  Not that any of us will be alive to witness it :lol: 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

The reunion/fairwell tour continued this week with Dwight reuniting with the gang and knocking down the sanctuary.  Needless To say Negan is gonna be piiiissssed when he finds out.  😂 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks God! Fear is finally over.  Alicia is alive and reunited with Madison and Troy’s kid and living happily ever after.  Glad I can forget this spin off ever happened 😂 

On 10/18/2023 at 7:09 PM, DBW said:

Rick dies at the end after the Governor's son shoots him. Then they make a huge pilgrimage back to Alexandria. That should have been how it ended. They've milked this franchise beyond dry.

6 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

is daryl's show worth watching?  

Yeah that’s been the best spinoff so far.  And carols show is coming next year.  

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rick is back baby!!!!  Great start to the new series!  It did feel a bit rushed, but otherwise it was the best TWD episode since like, well since the last time we saw Rick.