Walking Dead Thread

heyeaglefn

I just didn't get announcing those spin offs. I know they want to keep fans interested, but there is no suspense in this any more. I wish they'd get on with Rick and Michonne instead

For some reason, I thought they were gonna do their holiday break then come back in the spring to finish it off. Glad they are finally ending it now. These last few episodes haven't been bad but it's time for this show to go away already. I don't even care about the spinoffs. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vsptroops said:

For some reason, I thought they were gonna do their holiday break then come back in the spring to finish it off. Glad they are finally ending it now. These last few episodes haven't been bad but it's time for this show to go away already. I don't even care about the spinoffs. 

I thought so too!  I guess we missed something but it’s time to End it.  It’s gotten so stupid.  And the **** thing is they won’t kill anyone because they’re doing spin offs and Rick is not making an appearance in current day walking dead. He won’t be seen again until the spin off.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I watched last night.  Judith got shot and Lydia got bit and Jerry cut off her arm.  Back when that all would have a happened in the 1st 15 minutes.  Now it's too many people and by announcing the spin offs you know those folks won't be getting killed.  To me, that's not a great ending. If I'm not passed out from the Colts game next week, I will watch the last one.

• Haha 1

Yeah I'm sure nothing of note will happen in the last episode other than them killing Pamela - whatever.  Glad it's over - I gave up on Fear the Walking Dead a couple seasons back.  Never made it through season 1 of the high school musical version.  I'll probably check out the spinoffs to see if there's anything new or fresh, but they will have short leashes.  

I found that episode laughably bad; I genuinely laughed at the ending as it was so cringe worthy.  Did Judith have the sword on the wrong way around? 

I am glad TWD is ending, it ran out of ideas when it deviated from the comics and struggles to get the momentum back. They should have got to this point ages ago; the comics had Rick and Michonne in it, and it was so much better.

I wish there were no spin offs

Has the show slowly rotted away like a 12 year old zombie? Yes it has.

Still, 2010-2022 is a heck of a run as tv shows go.

RIP - The Walking Dead.

• Like 3

Pamela was standing right up there next to 5 guys that got shot and they couldn’t put a single bullet in her?  😂 

Negan and maggie still don’t get along. Ok we get it, he killed glen and she’s mad. They’ve beat that horse to death 100x already.  And we know they get a spin off together so why keep harping on it?  It’s not as if she’s gonna finally kill him.  JDM is still the best part of the show.  Not killing him off was smart and dumb at the same time because Andrew lincoln left when he realized negan was more popular  than Rick among the fanbase.  

judith I think is gonna die.  Her narrating the season seems like she’s writing in a diary or talking to someone on the other side.  

Walkers can now run a 10k spartan race. 😂 

The show is ruined. 

so the writers must have actually sat in a meeting & decided to make this show more about politics and less about zombies. :lol:  

18 hours ago, DBW said:

Pamela was standing right up there next to 5 guys that got shot and they couldn’t put a single bullet in her?  😂 

Negan and maggie still don’t get along. Ok we get it, he killed glen and she’s mad. They’ve beat that horse to death 100x already.  And we know they get a spin off together so why keep harping on it?  It’s not as if she’s gonna finally kill him.  JDM is still the best part of the show.  Not killing him off was smart and dumb at the same time because Andrew lincoln left when he realized negan was more popular  than Rick among the fanbase.  

judith I think is gonna die.  Her narrating the season seems like she’s writing in a diary or talking to someone on the other side.  

Walkers can now run a 10k spartan race. 😂 

The show is ruined. 

Don't forget they also now have the ability to climb. :lol:

i'm actually okay with the walkers somehow "evolving". it adds a new twist. the show is a damn mess though. 

5 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Don't forget they also now have the ability to climb. :lol:

That's part of a spartan race - climbing walls and ish :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The whole gun fire thing this season has provided some entertainment. It's like watching the A Team again; spray and pray from the baddies, a bit of spray and pray from the goodies, people die when needed.

7 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

i'm actually okay with the walkers somehow "evolving". it adds a new twist. the show is a damn mess though. 

I can’t tell if The walkers have evolved or the storm troopers devolved.  They seem to be getting dumber by the day 

6 hours ago, UK Eagle said:

I suspect the Climbing Walkers is a nod to one of the spin offs, can't recall which one though

The "smart" walkers have been around since the beginning.  They touched on it at the cdc labs.  The other show high school dead also touched on it with showing experimental work at a lab in London (or some other place over there) and I think that’s supposed to be where Derl goes in his spin off. They were trying to tie it all together with the CRM and where Rick might be or show back up.  I think Derl is gonna join Seal Team Dead and get spun up to go find Rick running some town in Amsterdam.  

7 hours ago, DBW said:

The "smart" walkers have been around since the beginning.  They touched on it at the cdc labs.  The other show high school dead also touched on it with showing experimental work at a lab in London (or some other place over there) and I think that’s supposed to be where Derl goes in his spin off. They were trying to tie it all together with the CRM and where Rick might be or show back up.  I think Derl is gonna join Seal Team Dead and get spun up to go find Rick running some town in Amsterdam.  

The post credit scene on that kids show (?) was in Europe, so would make sense.  Climbing walkers would have been fun in this program, so them suddenly appearing at the end is a bit silly - a wasted opportunity when they spent ages on Pamela etc

16 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

I’d say overall they stuck the landing on the finale  - it was well done IMO

It was ok - still so many holes.  Where was negas wife and kid?  Flash forward a year and they’re nowhere to be found?  Also the scene where maggie says she can’t forgive him was so bad.  Yeah we know.  You’ve made that clear for many seasons now.  She’s such a bad actress too which make it even worse.  And now even though she still can’t stand him they’re gonna leave their kids behind and run off to the city and do what?  

I thought they could have done more with setting up the spin offs.  Like give derl a "lead” to go chase down.  

and they teased a bunch of crap with the other shows connecting with the timeline here - but didn’t ever bring the crm into the mix.  They should have integrated that into the main show.  

should have killed Pamela too.  They took a weak cop out on that.  

• Like 1

Just now, DBW said:

It was ok - still so many holes.  Where was Megan’s wife and kid?  Flash forward a year and they’re nowhere to be found?  Also the scene where maggie says she can’t forgive him was so bad.  Yeah we know.  You’ve made that clear for many seasons now.  She’s such a bad actress too which make it even worse.  And now even though she still can’t stand him they’re gonna leave their kids behind and run off to the city and do what?  

I thought they could have done more with setting up the spin offs.  Like give derl a "lead” to go chase down.  

and they teased a bunch of crap with the other shows connecting with the timeline here - but didn’t ever bring the crm into the mix.  They should have integrated that into the main show.  

should have killed Pamela too.  They took a weak cop out on that.  

Yeah I agree - I just meant they did pretty well with what they've been working with the past couple years lol.  I would imagine they will explain more about Negan/Maggie in their new spinoff?  I'm gonna give them all a shot but with a short leash.  Was pretty cool to see Rick again, though  

22 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Yeah I agree - I just meant they did pretty well with what they've been working with the past couple years lol.  I would imagine they will explain more about Negan/Maggie in their new spinoff?  I'm gonna give them all a shot but with a short leash.  Was pretty cool to see Rick again, though  

I did like the call backs to Rick by having Judith wake up in a hospital with a gunshot wound.  Just how the show opened season 1.  That was cool.

and not sure anyone picked up on it but Derl had a black eye as a call back to Coral with the eye patch.  I don’t even know how he got the black eye 😆 but that was cool too.

I was expecting negan to pop into the dinner scene with a plate of spaghetti.  Missed opportunity there.

It was all anti climatic for me other than Daryl riding off.  I did expect some sort of send off with all the past characters, but my head was ready to explode with all the We're the ones who live.   As always, typical TWD.  Rosita scene was done well, will give them that. The whole blowing up the herd was rushed I think, and why waste all that fuel?  So dumb.  Oh well, I'll try the spin off series.