Walking Dead Thread

heyeaglefn

26 minutes ago, DBW said:

Wasn’t a fantastic part 2 finale.  But from the part 3 previews it looks like derl finds ricks gun so I’m sure they’re setting up his return.  I actually think that he may not be seen in the part 3 and that what they are going to do is to set up the maggie/derl spin off as a "let’s go find Rick” adventure 

Maggie and Daryl aren't having a spinoff - Maggie and Negan are.  Daryl and Carol are supposed to be getting a spinoff

On 4/10/2022 at 9:46 AM, DBW said:

If you do not know who Leah is and wondering how she fits in the story, I suggest you go catch up because:

Reveal hidden contents

derl has to kill his ex-gf tonight [\spoiler]

it was super predictable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

Maggie and Daryl aren't having a spinoff - Maggie and Negan are.  Daryl and Carol are supposed to be getting a spinoff

Oh ok…well same thought though. So carol and derl will go Rick hunting.  Maggie and negan will live happily ever after in a whisperer hole.  

• Like 1

The show hasn't ended yet? Holy F they are really dragging this out. Curious to know how it ends since it can't end the same as the comic.

Spoiler

Rick dies after being shot in the Commonwealth, turns and Carl is the one who kills him.

7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Did Lorie return yet?

Nah, still one of those "fake out" offscreen deaths. 

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Did Lorie return yet?

She’s safe and sound in a jail cell - well except for the giant hole in her stomach. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, DBW said:

Fear was so dumb tonight.  Can’t wait for all this to be over 😂 

I gave up on Fear after the episode where that chick that Morgan was into had the dead baby but had a big long dream about it that was all fake or some crap

I stopped watching Fear after season 5. I couldn't take it anymore. I see from the previews that they brought back Kim Dickens, even though supposedly she dies earlier. The only reason that I watch TWD is because I've been with it since the beginning so I figure I might as well watch until the end.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

I gave up on Fear after the episode where that chick that Morgan was into had the dead baby but had a big long dream about it that was all fake or some crap

Yep that’s when it really fell off the rails.

1 hour ago, vsptroops said:

I stopped watching Fear after season 5. I couldn't take it anymore. I see from the previews that they brought back Kim Dickens, even though supposedly she dies earlier. The only reason that I watch TWD is because I've been with it since the beginning so I figure I might as well watch until the end.

Yeah exactly - I’ve too invested in it to just stop now.  It’s the last season so I’ll finish it but it’s painful.  

there’s also now a 6 part web series about the submarine on amc+ but I’m not subscribed to that.  I’d love to know how the sub got there though 

fear was/is turrible....you guys have more patience than i did...last ep i remember watching was some stupid scene on a bridge...season 2 maybe? :unsure:  

edit:  might have been a dam...not a bridge...idk. 

The season of FTWD that was on that indian reservation was pretty good, but yeah overall it hasn't been great

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

fear was/is turrible....you guys have more patience than i did...last ep i remember watching was some stupid scene on a bridge...season 2 maybe? :unsure:  

edit:  might have been a dam...not a bridge...idk. 

I think that's where I bailed. The hawt daughter and young voldemort weren't enough to keep me tuning in

I stuck with TWD up to the Whisperer War. The only thing I remember of FTWD is some guy that looked like a young Johnny Depp and something happened on a yacht 

3 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

just read that the carol & darryl spinoff will now be just darryl. 

It’ll probably get scrapped 

• 2 months later...

In some respects, I wish they'd let that franchise die with a modicum of respect. Have any of the spin offs actually worked?

On 7/22/2022 at 10:16 PM, iladelphxx said:

In fairness, Rick and mechonne  are the only two I’d care to see return in a spin off.  Maybe Derl for filler.  But Maggie sucks, and there’s no OG cast that anyone cares about anymore.  Negan should get his own movie.  He’s getting a show but with Maggie (puke) but he’d be better served getting a full spin off telling his FULL story from even prior to day 1 until what we saw in the flashback origin stories during Covid, and then they could take that and run with it post twd/fear/etc but without Maggie.  She’s just awful.  They rushed the whole origin episodes with him only because Covid Fed the schedule and he basically filmed all that with his wife solo with a single camera crew etc.  

fear should just go away.  It makes no sense.  Nuked the world but Gia head and walk around freely in all that radiation.  Ok.

20 hours ago, Prime said:

Yeah. The webisodes. That's about it. 

It shows how desperate the franchise is. The cheapest thing to produce was the best.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Caught up to the latest episode; I wish they'd let this die off years ago as it's just not that good any more.  They wasted a good character like Negan and it's just meh now.

50 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

Caught up to the latest episode; I wish they'd let this die off years ago as it's just not that good any more.  They wasted a good character like Negan and it's just meh now.

I'm a week ahead cause I'm watching thru AMC+ - so I've already seen the episode for this Sunday.  It's pretty good, but yeah it's kinda silly since we know most of these people have spinoffs and will survive.