Walking Dead Thread

heyeaglefn

it was the best series finale since six feet under...a fitting way to end the greatest zombie series of all-time!  :worthy:   

5d9de4fa83486904026f4007?width=700

• Haha 1

I'm glad they got there in the end, but it was hard work watching that.  Drifted badly and pointlessly for far too many episodes and the spin off announcements made the series a bit moot at times.  Lauren Cohan pulled a great Joey Tribiani tribute in the scene with Negan.

I'd recommend reading the comic cook compendiums. You can see all the wasted storylines post Negan and question why they killed off Jesus like that when he was such a pivotal character. I did chuckle at the sudden desire for limb mutilation in the last few episodes - an ever present in the comics and somewhere they avoided going on the TV.

And Daryl gets to eat cheese and surrender in France...

The show overall got pretty bad once Frank Darabont stepped down. After that there were spurts of really good TV, but it started cracking. 

I don’t think I watched very much past the head spike Whisper scene. I read the recap of the last episode and can’t believe how many terrible characters they let live. 

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

The show overall got pretty bad once Frank Darabont stepped down. After that there were spurts of really good TV, but it started cracking. 

I don’t think I watched very much past the head spike Whisper scene. I read the recap of the last episode and can’t believe how many terrible characters they let live. 

Agree about Darabont; he had some really cool ideas for the second season that got dropped when he was fired.  I stopped watching after the cliffhanger over who got their noggin bashed in by Negan.

They spent too long with a drifting story and characters that you didn't know the name of. By the time they got to the Commonwealth, a story that should have been good, people stopped caring

1 hour ago, UK Eagle said:

They spent too long with a drifting story and characters that you didn't know the name of. By the time they got to the Commonwealth, a story that should have been good, people stopped caring

It became way too formulaic. Group finds somewhere to live. Encounter bad guy with his group. Fight. Repeat. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Doubt anyone is still tuned into this…..but fear just wrapped up an 8 episode second half with the finale coming in the fall.  That show is so far off the rails it’s ridiculous.  It left off with Morgan’s daughter now 10 or 12 years old being one of many kids this weird group captured for experimental treatment of what they now call Kerryon or Carrion, or Carry-on.  I’m not sure if they’re taking about football players or luggage when referencing the dead’s. They also call the ones getting treatments pre-fects, I think?  I’m not sure.  Like I said, it’s off the rails. Morgan went all "run, get to the choppa while I CLEAR” again.  He blacks out and a sea of dead walkers is left behind.  No idea where this is going.  Morgan did send a walkie message out for Rick….so there’s hope they reunite. 

then there’s the spin off Dead City where maggie’s kid gets kidnapped by one of Negans old right hand men.  So she stalks down Negan to have him help her take a boat to Manhattan to hunt this guy and get her son back.  There’s cockroaches, dead falling from the sky, flashbacks to cool Negan, some dude that looks like Jamie Fox calling himself the Marshall, and his unqualified deputies who get made into a Manhattan delicatessen real quick.  

it’s all very stupid.  But I have to watch.  😣 

13 hours ago, DBW said:

Doubt anyone is still tuned into this…..but fear just wrapped up an 8 episode second half with the finale coming in the fall.  That show is so far off the rails it’s ridiculous.  It left off with Morgan’s daughter now 10 or 12 years old being one of many kids this weird group captured for experimental treatment of what they now call Kerryon or Carrion, or Carry-on.  I’m not sure if they’re taking about football players or luggage when referencing the dead’s. They also call the ones getting treatments pre-fects, I think?  I’m not sure.  Like I said, it’s off the rails. Morgan went all "run, get to the choppa while I CLEAR” again.  He blacks out and a sea of dead walkers is left behind.  No idea where this is going.  Morgan did send a walkie message out for Rick….so there’s hope they reunite. 

then there’s the spin off Dead City where maggie’s kid gets kidnapped by one of Negans old right hand men.  So she stalks down Negan to have him help her take a boat to Manhattan to hunt this guy and get her son back.  There’s cockroaches, dead falling from the sky, flashbacks to cool Negan, some dude that looks like Jamie Fox calling himself the Marshall, and his unqualified deputies who get made into a Manhattan delicatessen real quick.  

it’s all very stupid.  But I have to watch.  😣 

Yeah I gave up on Fear a few seasons back - just got too ridiculous.  I did wanna check out Dead City, but now I'm not so sure :lol: 

On 6/21/2023 at 8:41 AM, mikemack8 said:

I did wanna check out Dead City, but now I'm not so sure :lol: 

i watched the first 20 minutes this morning & holy sheet did it suck. :lol:  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

i watched the first 20 minutes this morning & holy sheet did it suck. :lol:  

The only reason I’m watching any of this crap anymore is so when Rick shows back up I know what the F is going on.  

• Like 1

Well, I see there is a new Walking Dead TV programme out there. 

It's such a hot TV franchise, that no broadcaster/streamer in the UK has bought the rights to it yet. AMC are saying speak to Disney, who can't give a coherent answer.  Amazon don't seem interested either and they willingly bought the rights to the WD kid TV series.

Where else will I get to see Jeffrey Dean Morgan do just enough to collect a sweet pay cheque and Lauren Cohan scowl at people because she can't emote as an actress?

Evidently the season premier of dead city was AMC+ most watched premier in history.  Is there nothing else on at that time?  😂 

• Haha 1

Supposedly, the real ratings on some streaming services are ridiculously low, which is why they are never put out there.  So it could the biggest stream they've had, but also numbers an average TV channel would laugh at.

The fact that it's not on the actual AMC channel is all I need to know.

Trash. 

The real Negan is starting to re-emerge and Maggie is gonna want on that soon, mark my words lol

We reengaged with this show and binged the last 2 seasons. Hated the finale. It was so obviously setting up a spin off show. Its worse that they used the show's end to launch a spin off to support yet another stupid, unnecessary streaming service. I'm not subscribing to yet another streaming service os I can hope to find out who the helicopter people are. I'm done. 

• 1 month later...

Is Fear The Walking Dead still on? The last I remember was that guy who pretended to be a messiah blew up that bomb.

I've actually been meaning to post in here - was desperate for something to watch this past week and decided to finally check out the maggie negan show - through 2 episodes.  It's pretty much more of the same crap they've been showing us for the past decade.  

They've been running promos for the new Daryl show too - will probably check that out.  

16 hours ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

Is Fear The Walking Dead still on? The last I remember was that guy who pretended to be a messiah blew up that bomb.

Yeah. Not that good and kind of silly. So just another Walking Dead TV show

8 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

i haven't watched the final season yet. should i bother ? 

Only if you're desperate because of the writer's strike. Nothing is resolved. 

I watched Darryl Dixon.  More of the same crap but now with subtitles.  They really let this entire universe go off the rails.  I only watch because I’ve already invested so much into it.  And I’m only waiting for the Rick and Michonne show to air.