JJ Arcega-Whiteside Tracker - [The Unofficial DK Metcalf Topic]

philafan4o8

Looking forward to highlight videos on YouTube of JJAW social distancing, wearing a mask and avoiding spreading COVID.  

2 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Looking forward to highlight videos on YouTube of JJAW social distancing, wearing a mask and avoiding spreading COVID.  

You think he can get enough separation to socially distance?

Watching the playback of DK Metcalf's touchdown isn't good for my blood pressure. 

How could Howie eff this up this badly?

13 hours ago, Philthy Jawn said:

Watching the playback of DK Metcalf's touchdown isn't good for my blood pressure. 

How could Howie eff this up this badly?

I'm telling you, Metcalf has been a top-10 pick since the day of the draft.   There's no excuse for him dropping that far. His red flags were injury related, and it was NOTHING like what Sidney Jones experienced.  I could not believe we passed on him in the second round. I had him way, way, way higher.  And, I keep saying it, I drafted him top-10 in the EMB-wide Mock Draft. 

Metcalf has more touchdowns over 25 yards than JJAW has catches total.

WTF. 

There are some things you cannot teach. And when a guy is built like Megatron, you make him a priority.  The dude is a freak of nature.  He can't jump quite like Calvin Johnson did, but he is faster, just as strong and his route running is becoming more and more impressive with each game.  Calvin Johnson was the most gifted wide receiver to play the game.  DK Metcalf is going to challenge him for that title.  

On 11/20/2020 at 6:56 AM, IFB DOG said:

I'm telling you, Metcalf has been a top-10 pick since the day of the draft.   There's no excuse for him dropping that far. His red flags were injury related, and it was NOTHING like what Sidney Jones experienced.  I could not believe we passed on him in the second round. I had him way, way, way higher.  And, I keep saying it, I drafted him top-10 in the EMB-wide Mock Draft. 

WTF. 

There are some things you cannot teach. And when a guy is built like Megatron, you make him a priority.  The dude is a freak of nature.  He can't jump quite like Calvin Johnson did, but he is faster, just as strong and his route running is becoming more and more impressive with each game.  Calvin Johnson was the most gifted wide receiver to play the game.  DK Metcalf is going to challenge him for that title.  

I also agree with you and thought he should go higher after watching the pre-draft stuff on him. However, to compare him to Calvin Johnson is crazy. Metcalf was very raw coming out of college and didn't have the production and mechanics that Calvin Johnson had or many of the other receivers had that were drafted before/around him in his draft.

20 minutes ago, Devaster said:

I also agree with you and thought he should go higher after watching the pre-draft stuff on him. However, to compare him to Calvin Johnson is crazy. Metcalf was very raw coming out of college and didn't have the production and mechanics that Calvin Johnson had or many of the other receivers had that were drafted before/around him in his draft.

Should have taken Metcalf with hindsight. But a lot of other teams passed as well.

Plus he has Russell Wilson in Seattle. With Doug and Wentz we probably make him look like a less physical Greg Ward.

On 11/20/2020 at 9:56 AM, IFB DOG said:

WTF. 

Such and overreaction on the DK - Calvin comp. Both have undeniable talent, but pump the breaks a little.

Also, I take issue with the megatron is the most gifted reciever to ever play the game. Is he a top 10 receiver all time? Yes, he is probably top 5. Is he a crazy athletic marvel? Yes. But "gifted" at receiver includes a lot more than just physical attributes. Even if we limit it to his freakish athleticism, I would say that guys like T.O., Andre Johnson, and Julio Jones (AJ Brown too?) would give him a run for his money. And then you have the speedsters, Randy Moss, Bob Hayes, Cliff Branch, Tyreek Hill, etc. Are they any less athletic?

So much goes into what makes a receiver great... give me Jerry Rice's work ethic, Steve Smiths heart, Chris Carters hands, Jimmy Smiths first 5 steps, Randy Moss' separation, Tyreek Hill's speed, Lance Alworths deep ball tracking, Larry Fitz's longevity, etc... Megatron was a beast, but picking a best receiver of all time is hard because there are so many different types of player.

6 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Should have taken Metcalf with hindsight. But a lot of other teams passed as well.

Plus he has Russell Wilson in Seattle. With Doug and Wentz we probably make him look like a less physical Greg Ward.

You're missing the point. We should have taken Russell Wilson as well. :P

9 hours ago, Devaster said:

9 hours ago, QBhunter58 said:

Such and overreaction on the DK - Calvin comp. Both have undeniable talent, but pump the breaks a little.

Also, I take issue with the megatron is the most gifted reciever to ever play the game. Is he a top 10 receiver all time? Yes, he is probably top 5. Is he a crazy athletic marvel? Yes. But "gifted" at receiver includes a lot more than just physical attributes. Even if we limit it to his freakish athleticism, I would say that guys like T.O., Andre Johnson, and Julio Jones (AJ Brown too?) would give him a run for his money. And then you have the speedsters, Randy Moss, Bob Hayes, Cliff Branch, Tyreek Hill, etc. Are they any less athletic?

So much goes into what makes a receiver great... give me Jerry Rice's work ethic, Steve Smiths heart, Chris Carters hands, Jimmy Smiths first 5 steps, Randy Moss' separation, Tyreek Hill's speed, Lance Alworths deep ball tracking, Larry Fitz's longevity, etc... Megatron was a beast, but picking a best receiver of all time is hard because there are so many different types of player.

Fans obsessions with elite WR is always funny. They help, but are rarely a critical part of a championship side. Megatron had zero playoff wins.

5 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Fans obsessions with elite WR is always funny. They help, but are rarely a critical part of a championship side. Megatron had zero playoff wins.

I'd agree that they rarely play a critical part of a championship side but they sure make you a contender. The right QB WR combo can take a team a long long way. But of course you need other components too.

10 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

How about Jerry Rice? With that being the case more quarterbacks drafted out of the top five have won more Super Bowls than guys drafted in the top five over the past 30 years. 

13 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

It's not just WRs. Fans obsess over every position when another team has a better player there than theirs does. In 2017, we clearly didn't have any elite WRs, elite RBs, elite DEs, elite LBs, elite DBs, but we had the best team that year. 

15 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

What's the preferable alternative in your mind? Targeting less talented players?

7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

How about Jerry Rice? With that being the case more quarterbacks drafted out of the top five have won more Super Bowls than guys drafted in the top five over the past 30 years. 

4 hours ago, brkmsn said:

It's not just WRs. Fans obsess over every position when another team has a better player there than theirs does. In 2017, we clearly didn't have any elite WRs, elite RBs, elite DEs, elite LBs, elite DBs, but we had the best team that year. 

2 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

What's the preferable alternative in your mind? Targeting less talented players?

Jerry Rice was 25 years ago. Simple fact - most elite quarterbacks over the past 20 years have at least one Super Bowl. Most elite receivers do not.

I hear you over fan obsession. What we did have in 2017 was a collectively very good D and elite QB and O-Line play. And we were the best team.

I just mean with two good young receivers in Reagor and Fulgham and lots of other areas we need help in, we don’t need to throw a lot at the WR position.

Instead of answering questions as to why Whiteside was inactive again today vs Brown, the eagles might have put him on the reserve/Covid list to get ahead of things

8 minutes ago, Toty said:

All Metcalf related threads ought to be fun tonight...

oh lord you are right 😆

Ith Arthega Whitethide Thuper Duper like DK, or ith he mithing thomething in hith game?

Yall think Metcalf is having a good night tonight? Just wait until Arcega Whiteside gets on the field tonight...wait....

Yes all other teams passed on Metcalf.  But it's just another example of bad drafting here.

I don’t care enough to look it up, but Metcalf had to have close to as many catches in this one game as JJaw has had since he was drafted. 

Archived