JJ Arcega-Whiteside Tracker - [The Unofficial DK Metcalf Topic]

philafan4o8

44 minutes ago, Penn7980 said:

He managed to get on the field and made couple of catches.  They put him at LOS to block.  Can't say they are not trying to find some ways to use him.  Question is: too little too late?

I think he could be a serviceable receiving tight end with a little more mass and strength. He's not going to get any faster so may as well have him bulk up. He can catch contested passes I like him against Safeties and LBs to get separation more than I do against corners which obviously will never happen in this league.

12 minutes ago, Br3 said:

Does the J in JJaw stand for Jerry because that’s who he reminded me of last night 😳

084B1A0B-E164-4994-9976-AC4E4716D9ED.jpeg

Put some respect on his name. JJ is special!

Well ... why not? 

Let's be honest here ... Did he make the team next year based on this game? No. He did however do what he was asked to do and made the most of his best opportunity all year (41 snaps, previous high this season was 28 snaps). Sure, we can mock him for finishing the year with the stats he put up. We can continue to punch Howie for taking Metcalf off his board before the draft. But the kid went out Sunday, caught 2 of 3 targets, drew the PI penalty, had great effort all game, blocked well on run plays, and was open often on pass plays. Honestly, he looked pretty decent out there against a quality defense. There's no reason to fault him for that effort. 

If you still think he should be cut, obviously nothing will change your opinion at this point. I'm actually looking forward to the battle at WR next year in TC (and hopefully there's a preseason schedule). The rookies (Reagor, Hightower and Watkins) should all be more comfortable and used to the speed on the NFL. They all got a taste this year and we need guys to step up big time next year. Add Fulgham and JJAW to the mix --- that's a very young group, even with Ward. I think there's tremendous potential there. We just have to get these guys in the right situation. Hopefully the O-Line will be steady next year and the QB play much better. 

11 minutes ago, NOTW said:

JJ-AWFUL :roll:

Maybe.

That awful kid ... doing things to help the team. What a jerk!!!

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

Maybe.

That awful kid ... doing things to help the team. What a jerk!!!

He's an awful player not person geez.

Just now, NOTW said:

He's an awful player not person geez.

Again ... Maybe. But if that was a game summary of Watkins, you'd all be salivating. Honestly, I doubt you even watched the video. 

I didn't read any of it, don't think Hightower is good either. I don't need to read or watch more videos about JJLOL not making catches and excuses. 

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

I didn't read any of it, don't think Hightower is good either. I don't need to read or watch more videos about JJLOL not making catches and excuses. 

I figured as much. Mocking is your game, evaluation eludes you. 

5 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I figured as much. Mocking is your game, evaluation eludes you. 

You are completely delusional and full of crap.

You have always been wrong about this guy...accept it an move on already.

2 hours ago, DevilMayRage said:

You are completely delusional and full of crap.

You have always been wrong about this guy...accept it an move on already.

I've been wrong about him? Do you have a quote? See ... your problem as well as others is that you've made up your mind in advance, not only about a player (in this case JJAW) but about posters like me that give a guy a chance to improve and demonstrate that on the field while they're still on the roster. Obviously you have chosen to believe the false claim by other posters that I at any time stated that he's good or great. I simply choose to evaluate the players on film (that other people were kind enough to put together) and see where they're at currently. 

I realize that it's extremely burdensome, to click on and watch a 3-5 minute video and easier to just go after the strange poster that doesn't take up his pitchfork and join the lynch mob. 

So in the final game of the season, where many players had the night off. JJAW played the most snaps he's played in a game all year with 41 (He's been a healthy scratch for several weeks up to this point). What did he do with his opportunity against 1 of the NFL's good defenses this season? I guess that doesn't matter to you. For people that are interested, there's a video.

12 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Well ... why not? 

Let's be honest here ... Did he make the team next year based on this game? No. He did however do what he was asked to do and made the most of his best opportunity all year (41 snaps, previous high this season was 28 snaps). Sure, we can mock him for finishing the year with the stats he put up. We can continue to punch Howie for taking Metcalf off his board before the draft.

Your terms are acceptable. 

It is not a coincidence that he got his most snaps/production in a game where the team was literally trying to lose lol

His only snaps before that were in WEEK 8!!! He didn't play a down after the bye week except for week 17. He is done in this city.

42 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

It is not a coincidence that he got his most snaps/production in a game where the team was literally trying to lose lol

His only snaps before that were in WEEK 8!!! He didn't play a down after the bye week except for week 17. He is done in this city.

So should be the one who drafted him

4 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

What were we doing all those other games?

3-5-1 in games he played 1-6 when he doesn't play. :whistle:

3 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

The key to the division was on our roster the entire time!

11 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Lol you aint going to trigger me.

So you are implying that the team is better when whiteside is active lmao! There are no other variables to those records. His clapping on the bench is really bringing up team morale

28 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Lol you aint going to trigger me.

So you are implying that the team is better when whiteside is active lmao! There are no other variables to those records. His clapping on the bench is really bringing up team morale

I was just having fun. Obviously, I don't believe JJAW was the answer, but I also don't think he was the problem.  The only serious implication I made is that JJAW played well in week 17 and thought people (whether they are rooting for him or critical of him) wouldn't mind watching his performance. I'm not sure what people are afraid of. If he stinks so bad, the video should highlight that. If he has any promise whatsoever, hopefully that would show up.

There are people in this thread, however, that really have no interest in a discussion and are only here to call players trash and mock posters that don't share their opinion 100%. It's much easier on this MB to collect "likes" by being negative, pessimistic and critical. There's a participant in this thread and I respect his opinion in the political forum because he makes an effort to participate there in the discussion, but here in TATE, I don't respect his posts at all --- he doesn't offer anything constructive and the impression I get is he doesn't really know much about football. It's crazy to me that we are signed up on a football MB and don't even want to be bothered with watching video of our team for the sake of evaluating them. 

7 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I was just having fun. Obviously, I don't believe JJAW was the answer, but I also don't think he was the problem.  The only serious implication I made is that JJAW played well in week 17 and thought people (whether they are rooting for him or critical of him) wouldn't mind watching his performance. I'm not sure what people are afraid of. If he stinks so bad, the video should highlight that. If he has any promise whatsoever, hopefully that would show up.

There are people in this thread, however, that really have no interest in a discussion and are only here to call players trash and mock posters that don't share their opinion 100%. It's much easier on this MB to collect "likes" by being negative, pessimistic and critical. There's a participant in this thread and I respect his opinion in the political forum because he makes an effort to participate there in the discussion, but here in TATE, I don't respect his posts at all --- he doesn't offer anything constructive and the impression I get is he doesn't really know much about football. It's crazy to me that we are signed up on a football MB and don't even want to be bothered with watching video of our team for the sake of evaluating them. 

I agree, he played well. But when I say "play well” I mean relatively speaking (compared to his usual production). At the end of the day WRs need to produce stats. When the WRs go into contract negotiations they are not going to say, "you are one of the best blocking WRs on the team and you are getting open but you get no targets. Here is a fat contract.” They are going to look at his production and at the end of the day it is terrible. 

can he turn it around? Sure! But this guy is a major disappointment and if the eagles draft a WR at #6, it is hard to see how he can make the team. Especially when he got out produced by 3 rookies this year and a practice squad guy (Fulgham).

3 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

I agree, he played well. But when I say "play well” I mean relatively speaking (compared to his usual production). At the end of the day WRs need to produce stats. When the WRs go into contract negotiations they are not going to say, "you are one of the best blocking WRs on the team and you are getting open but you get no targets. Here is a fat contract.” They are going to look at his production and at the end of the day it is terrible. 

can he turn it around? Sure! But this guy is a major disappointment and if the eagles draft a WR at #6, it is hard to see how he can make the team. Especially when he got out produced by 3 rookies this year and a practice squad guy (Fulgham).

Fulgham was the big surprise and probably had the biggest effect since they play the same WR position. It seemed like Wentz and Fulgham had something developing and then , all of a sudden after players started returning from injury, Doug decides to reduce Fulgham's snap counts. What exactly did that get us? Sure, Jeffery drew some PI calls from the refs and got away with some blatant OPI, but there was no spark from his play.

So, IMO, the snap count decisions this year were atrocious (so were a lot of other things on offense). I'm disappointed that a 2nd rd pick 2 years ago hasn't won over the coaches enough to at least get activated on game day. That's a legitimate concern. But I still question Doug's ability to make proper decisions there --- 2020 has a lot of strong evidence to suggest he rarely made the right calls.

As a fan of the Eagles, I hope all our WRs are much better next year --- especially in regard to production (as receivers, not just blocking). I don't know who we will add in the draft ... all I know is the guys we have under contract right now and I'm rooting for all of them. It will be JJAW's 3rd year --- if he can't stay active on game day, he won't be worth keeping around.

17 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Fulgham was the big surprise and probably had the biggest effect since they play the same WR position. It seemed like Wentz and Fulgham had something developing and then , all of a sudden after players started returning from injury, Doug decides to reduce Fulgham's snap counts. What exactly did that get us? Sure, Jeffery drew some PI calls from the refs and got away with some blatant OPI, but there was no spark from his play.

So, IMO, the snap count decisions this year were atrocious (so were a lot of other things on offense). I'm disappointed that a 2nd rd pick 2 years ago hasn't won over the coaches enough to at least get activated on game day. That's a legitimate concern. But I still question Doug's ability to make proper decisions there --- 2020 has a lot of strong evidence to suggest he rarely made the right calls.

As a fan of the Eagles, I hope all our WRs are much better next year --- especially in regard to production (as receivers, not just blocking). I don't know who we will add in the draft ... all I know is the guys we have under contract right now and I'm rooting for all of them. It will be JJAW's 3rd year --- if he can't stay active on game day, he won't be worth keeping around.

I agree with everything you said. I ain’t rooting against Whiteside, I just don’t think he is that talented. No one will be happier than me if he magically becomes the next Megatron.

• 4 weeks later...

I keep reading things that say to watch out for him next year.  Did they not see the same JJ that we all saw last year?  He didn't even record double digit receptions.  He was a healthy scratch for almost the entire second half of the season.  How is it that he even gets a roster spot next year when they have some guys behind him that have shown some more potential?

3 hours ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

I keep reading things that say to watch out for him next year.  Did they not see the same JJ that we all saw last year?  He didn't even record double digit receptions.  He was a healthy scratch for almost the entire second half of the season.  How is it that he even gets a roster spot next year when they have some guys behind him that have shown some more potential?

Reading things by who?  Bloggers who are homers that hype up any Eagles player?  

Archived