JJ Arcega-Whiteside Tracker - [The Unofficial DK Metcalf Topic]

philafan4o8

I really expected Jeffery to be a factor once he was cleared to play. But the development of Fulgham was significant enough to not disturb the harmony at X. Then the Eagles couldn't help themselves. I guess we all wanted to see Jeffery somehow do enough to garner some trade interest in the offseason, but that just isn't in the cards. His return just threw off the new chemistry that was forming. 

I wonder if Wentz will get to come in for a play or 2 in each game Hurts starts? You know ... something else to disrupt the rhythm during the game ...

6 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I really expected Jeffery to be a factor once he was cleared to play.

Did you really? After a Lisfranc injury which tends to be a tough injury for guys to come back from? And given his age etc. 

First of all, and you know how I feel about this, Jeffery is only 30 years old. I understand to you, that is some mystical cut-off age where one has no choice but to decline and remain forever affected by injuries. To me, that is still part of the average man's physical prime. In the NFL, it means a player is on his 2nd or 3rd contract which isn't cheap, but it does not mean they can't continue to perform at a high level. Julio Jones is 31, Larry Fitzgerald is 37. Malik Jackson is also 30 and returned from the same injury. Mills returned from it last year. Duce Staley returned from it when he played. 

But to further answer your question, yes --- I really did think he would have the same impact he had before for us. I didn't expect us to find a better option (which I think Fulgham is) this season, but we have and we need to stop trying to integrate Jeffery into the game plan now. 

7 hours ago, brkmsn said:

First of all, and you know how I feel about this, Jeffery is only 30 years old. I understand to you, that is some mystical cut-off age where one has no choice but to decline and remain forever affected by injuries. To me, that is still part of the average man's physical prime. In the NFL, it means a player is on his 2nd or 3rd contract which isn't cheap, but it does not mean they can't continue to perform at a high level. Julio Jones is 31, Larry Fitzgerald is 37. Malik Jackson is also 30 and returned from the same injury. Mills returned from it last year. Duce Staley returned from it when he played. 

But to further answer your question, yes --- I really did think he would have the same impact he had before for us. I didn't expect us to find a better option (which I think Fulgham is) this season, but we have and we need to stop trying to integrate Jeffery into the game plan now. 

The problem with your analysis is that Jeffery struggled prior to the injury. I still don’t even understand why they had him on the active roster all those weeks when it took both Mills and Jackson over a year to recover from it. It basically took Jeffery the same amount of time too. On top of that like you mentioned Fulgham was playing well. It’s irksome, because clearly money is the reason he’s playing right now and the same goes for Peters. They  aren’t the better options yet they keep throwing them out there. I don’t even see why with Jeffery. The trade deadline is over. Do they think anyone would take him off their hands in a trade in the offseason? Howie can’t be that foolish can he?

10 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I still don’t even understand why they had him on the active roster all those weeks

I'll tell you why bud... Because Howie Roseman is a freaking moron. 

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'll tell you why bud... Because Howie Roseman is a freaking moron. 

He still thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room though. 

5 minutes ago, Br3 said:

Can they activate this freaking guy so we can see if he has any rapport with Hurts! Have we already seen the last of JJAW smh 

Maybe they benched Wentz so he would be forced to target him in practice.

I wonder if the Arizona Cardinals message board ever had a thread titled:  ***OFICIAL: JJAW Spotted At Phoenix Airport!!!***

9 hours ago, Br3 said:

Can they activate this freaking guy so we can see if he has any rapport with Hurts! Have we already seen the last of JJAW smh 

Hopefully Howie is gone next year, the new guy has no loyalty to him and cuts his ass

Joe Banner on Howie Roseman’s job security: "I don’t think there’s even a 10% chance” of him getting fired

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Joe Banner on Howie Roseman’s job security: "I don’t think there’s even a 10% chance” of him getting fired

And THAT is the reason there is no hope going forward.

On 12/12/2020 at 6:43 AM, Mortimer said:

I wonder if the Arizona Cardinals message board ever had a thread titled:  ***OFICIAL: JJAW Spotted At Phoenix Airport!!!***

Classic TATE

Just saw Whiteside on TV. His jersey is cleaner now than it was before the game...

Whiteside "stats" updated.

Man I would be so happy if I was the laundry person for the Eagles. I would skip Whitesides locker every time. Unless there was a dirty bench on the sideline...

He's probably not being cut just because they suffer so many injuries they want bodies.  But he should be cut as soon as possible.

If we really do move forward with a different QB, he might actually get a chance. I'm not talking about this year since the Eagles seem to think we have to showcase Jeffery (so even Fulgham is sitting on the bench) . But once Jeffery is gone, a QB other than Wentz might actually look his way. Hopefully, regardless of what happens with JJAW, we get a preseason next year so we can evaluate some of the young guys in a real game situation before it counts. 

12 hours ago, brkmsn said:

If we really do move forward with a different QB, he might actually get a chance. I'm not talking about this year since the Eagles seem to think we have to showcase Jeffery (so even Fulgham is sitting on the bench) . But once Jeffery is gone, a QB other than Wentz might actually look his way. Hopefully, regardless of what happens with JJAW, we get a preseason next year so we can evaluate some of the young guys in a real game situation before it counts. 

I think it's over, man. If he gets passed on the depth chart by late round picks, practice squad players, and castoffs from other teams two years in a row, I just don't think there's a chance for him to catch on. If there was anything there at all, he'd at least be getting to dress every week and a few snaps here and there.

13 hours ago, Kz! said:

I think it's over, man. If he gets passed on the depth chart by late round picks, practice squad players, and castoffs from other teams two years in a row, I just don't think there's a chance for him to catch on. If there was anything there at all, he'd at least be getting to dress every week and a few snaps here and there.

agreed! He has been a healthy scratch a couple of times now and look at his snap count trajectory. Its rock bottom. Nothing to see here.

Archived