JJ Arcega-Whiteside Tracker - [The Unofficial DK Metcalf Topic]

philafan4o8

1 minute ago, Philthy Jawn said:

He's not getting open, though.  Griffin was blanketed on him  The announcers were stunned by his lack of separation against the worst pass defense in the league.  

Like I said before though, the coaching staff is doing him no favors by almost exclusively having him run routes down the field. They hardly ever have him on slants, crosses, etc. The DBs see that all they ever do is send him downfield, so it’s pretty easy to just cover up those routes, and totally negates any possibility of running double moves. 

Look at Jackson in his prime. Yes he was always a big time deep threat, but he was utilized on shorter underneath routes plenty as well, which further opens up the deep ball. 

33 minutes ago, manz2821 said:

I still think in hindsight letting Cooper go to the cowboys was a bad call as well. I think Howie offered a second which was not enough. So then he went and gave a third for Golden Tate.smh

Or refusing to give up a 2nd to move up to get Lamb so he can draft Reagor and Hurts. Okay....

3 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

No it's not. It's Jerry Rice

Personally I agree with you ;) but there have certainly been guys with more tools. Jerry just outworked all of em.

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I love that mentality. The guy is a baller no doubt. 

He schooled Slay. I mean, our CB’s from last year could’ve held him to 10 catches and 177 yards. Why did we have to trade a 3rd rounder and sign him to an extension for that. 

You have to wonder how anyone doing an evaluation would have J J ahead on a draft board over Metcalf. Or Reagor over Jefferson. It's the same thing. 

I wonder if having Alshon had any impact on that decision. 

1 hour ago, nipples said:

Like I said before though, the coaching staff is doing him no favors by almost exclusively having him run routes down the field. They hardly ever have him on slants, crosses, etc. The DBs see that all they ever do is send him downfield, so it’s pretty easy to just cover up those routes, and totally negates any possibility of running double moves. 

Look at Jackson in his prime. Yes he was always a big time deep threat, but he was utilized on shorter underneath routes plenty as well, which further opens up the deep ball. 

My man, his route-running isn't good, that's why he's not being used on slants, crosses, etc.  

Just now, Philthy Jawn said:

My man, his route-running isn't good, that's why he's not being used on slants, crosses, etc.  

Ok and Wentz passing isn’t good yet they have him throw the ball 40+ times. 

1 hour ago, Philthy Jawn said:

He's not getting open, though.  Griffin was blanketed on him  The announcers were stunned by his lack of separation against the worst pass defense in the league.  

The two times they threw it to him down the field he was blanketed. He does get open during the game and Wentz just doesn't throw it to him. How can Reagor get open if he only get go routes, bubble screens and jet sweeps? If he is not in motion and getting a bubble screen, he is running a go route. Hard to get separation when they know what you are about to run.

Don't get me wrong, I need more from Reagor but wentz and the playcalling is horrible

10 hours ago, Ace Nova said:

They took him off the board because of what their doctor's told them.  And since Howie isn't a doctor, I'm guessing he believed them. 

They drafted Sidney Jones who they knew would be out for a year.  They've signed free agents with injury history and extended their own players with bad contracts who are old and have injury history.

I don't buy that medical was the sole reason they didn't draft Metcalf.  They don't draft well period.  Howie doesn't know what he's doing.  He told us they were drafting Alshon Jeffrey's replacement, he had similar measurements and Howie thought he was doing a good thing finding the next guy.  

4 minutes ago, NOTW said:

They drafted Sidney Jones who they knew would be out for a year.  They've signed free agents with injury history and extended their own players with bad contracts who are old and have injury history.

I don't buy that medical was the sole reason they didn't draft Metcalf.  They don't draft well period.  Howie doesn't know what he's doing.  He told us they were drafting Alshon Jeffrey's replacement, he had similar measurements and Howie thought he was doing a good thing finding the next guy.  

I actually think the Sidney Jones situation had a lot do to with them lowering Metcalf on their boards.  They still took a risk on Jones in the 2nd round (he was a projected 1st round talent before the injury) but it still did not work out well for them...so they decided not to take the same risk on Metcalf. 

2 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

I actually think the Sidney Jones situation had a lot do to with them lowering Metcalf on their boards.  They still took a risk on Jones in the 2nd round (he was a projected 1st round talent before the injury) but it still did not work out well for them...so they decided not to take the same risk on Metcalf. 

If he had no medical issue, Howie would still not have drafted him.  Howie doesn't know what he's doing.  He wanted his Alshon clone.

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Or refusing to give up a 2nd to move up to get Lamb so he can draft Reagor and Hurts. Okay....

I don't think Lamb is going to amount to much.

Initial post updated.

Pretty funny that Corey Clement and Vinny Curry were placed on the COVID list the same time as Whiteside. They were activated prior to mondays game vs Seattle but Whiteside remained on the COVID list. Lol Whiteside reaching new lows

12 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Initial post updated.

Pretty funny that Corey Clement and Vinny Curry were placed on the COVID list the same time as Whiteside. They were activated prior to mondays game vs Seattle but Whiteside remained on the COVID list. Lol Whiteside reaching new lows

Alshon Jeffrey is still "a big part of this offense" they say.  :lol:

On 12/2/2020 at 3:12 PM, NOTW said:

Absolutely laughable. The fact the guy is out there is such freaking negligence. 

On 12/2/2020 at 7:12 AM, NOTW said:

I've seen enough. Kind of makes one yearn for JJAW. (I'd still rather get Fulgham involved again)

2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I've seen enough. Kind of makes one yearn for JJAW. (I'd still rather get Fulgham involved again)

The future is now.  Rest guys that you want next year like Lane Johnson (I know he's done for the year now, but they tried to get him back out there) or anyone else with nagging injuries.  Ertz is still talented he was just in a rut earlier this year.  But the people they can rely on at receiver and TE are the young guys so just play them.

On 12/1/2020 at 10:20 AM, nipples said:

Ok and Wentz passing isn’t good yet they have him throw the ball 40+ times. 

They are going for volume, because if he throws it enough, there are bound to be a couple of good ones in there somewhere.   Or at least maybe that was the plan.

On 12/7/2020 at 8:13 AM, brkmsn said:

In all honesty I don’t know why Alshon is getting PT over any of the kids. Is it just cause of money? Seriously would rather see Watkins than Jeffery these days. Why they’re playing him over Fulgham is just madness. 

4 hours ago, Mortimer said:

They are going for volume, because if he throws it enough, there are bound to be a couple of good ones in there somewhere.   Or at least maybe that was the plan.

It thinks it’s more of a case of him stinking so bad early they have to keep throwing to try and catch up. 

Whatever makes the most sense from a practicality and common sense standpoint, look for the Eagles to do the opposite. 

Alshon is old and washed up and can’t jump, cut, and takes years to get in/out of his breaks. Yes, let’s get this guy out on some WR screens and jump balls with the game on the line. 

2 hours ago, Br3 said:

Whatever makes the most sense from a practicality and common sense standpoint, look for the Eagles to do the opposite. 

Alshon is old and washed up and can’t jump, cut, and takes years to get in/out of his breaks. Yes, let’s get this guy out on some WR screens and jump balls with the game on the line. 

They say he's "a big part of the offense."  They're living in 2017 when Carson the Houdini was able to make plays, Peters was still good, Jeffrey was "a #1 WR" and Clement was a SB hero.

On 12/1/2020 at 8:08 AM, EazyEaglez said:

Eagles just have treated the receiving position dumb. It makes no sense. ITs one thing to miss on a pick. But time and time again they could've had so many guys from Amari Cooper, to Deandre Hopkins, Justin Jefferson, DK Metcalf....

10 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

In all honesty I don’t know why Alshon is getting PT over any of the kids. Is it just cause of money? Seriously would rather see Watkins than Jeffery these days. Why they’re playing him over Fulgham is just madness. 

Sometimes, when you put in the backup QB, he may be more familiar with some of the backup WRs and there might be a connection there. I doubt Hurts has any kind of rapport with Jeffery and if we're benching Wentz (knowing that it likely signals the end of the line for him in Philadelphia) and we know that Jeffery isn't in our plans after this season, why at this point aren't we shelving him as well?

48 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Sometimes, when you put in the backup QB, he may be more familiar with some of the backup WRs and there might be a connection there. I doubt Hurts has any kind of rapport with Jeffery and if we're benching Wentz (knowing that it likely signals the end of the line for him in Philadelphia) and we know that Jeffery isn't in our plans after this season, why at this point aren't we shelving him as well?

Based on what Pederson recently said it doesn’t sound like he’s given up on Carson just yet and he might just go back to him in a week. 🤦🏾‍♂️ Even with that being the case Carson and Jeffery aren’t on the same page either so again I don’t get why Jeffery’s playing. It’s all just a mess of confusion. The play where Reagor and Scott ran into each other in the backfield just seemed to completely signify the Eagles 2020 season.

Archived