GDT: LA Rams @ Philadelphia Eagles 9/20 @1pm EST

EagleJoe8

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Frankly it should’ve been obvious to people before the season if you really took your Eagles color glasses off. This team has an old core of players who are still good but they’re young core besides Sanders and goedert aren’t very good. Tired of hearing about how great Maddox is he’s not good

i think everyone is just hopeful going into a fresh season, and you take the first week with a slight grain of salt because of injuries and no pre-season.

but we got a clear view now. no excuses. defense is bad, (which is painful because that secondary has been bad forever) offense isn't consistent. no need to complicate it beyond that. 

1 minute ago, Swoop said:

No, he shouldn't be. He hasn't played well. I know that. We are 0-2. I also know that.

Say what you want about Wentz and his mechanics, making easy throws look difficult, fumbling, etc. Those are fair points. He very, very RARELY throws picks/misses at the rate he is. 

Which means he has regressed as a QB and is killing his team. 

1 minute ago, Swoop said:

No, he shouldn't be. He hasn't played well. I know that. We are 0-2. I also know that.

Say what you want about Wentz and his mechanics, making easy throws look difficult, fumbling, etc. Those are fair points. He very, very RARELY throws picks/misses at the rate he is. 

Looks like he's starting a new trend. 5 turnovers in 2 games.

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

More to the point... No QB would succeed in this team right now. None. 

I disagree. Went is the #1 reason the offense has been crap. And the defense hasn’t been good, but giving up short fields, souls crushing end zone picks, and the fact that I think his teammates flat out don’t WANT Wentz as their QB has a massive effect on the entire team. 

Just now, nipples said:

I disagree. Went is the #1 reason the offense has been crap. And the defense hasn’t been good, but giving up short fields, souls crushing end zone picks, and the fact that I think his teammates flat out don’t WANT Wentz as their QB has a massive effect on the entire team. 

We don't know they don't want Wentz. And we won't know that for a few weeks at least. Look Wentz has been an issue no doubt, but the D is real soft.

Just now, Birdman said:

No thanks, future Eagles QB is already on the roster. 

We're going to be top 3 and Sewell should be there. 

So Howie missed in Wentz, but you think he hit on Hurts?  The same guy Saban gave up on?

2 minutes ago, Swoop said:

I would argue that he was extremely lucky to throw fewer picks earlier in his career. He has ALWAYS had issues with throws sailing on him, which are huge risks for interceptions. As many high throws as he has had over the lair few years it is amazing he hasn’t  thrown more interceptions. 

Just now, nipples said:

I actually thought the offensive line played well today. However what short field were the Eagles defense given today besides sanders fumble and a late pick that didn’t Matter? Besides sanders fumble, the rams scoring drives were 75 yards, 80 yards, 68 yards, 75 yards, 64 yards. Also the red zone defense has stopped one time this year. I don’t count the time Washington basically gave it to him because the game was over and they were up 10 with like a minute left

5 minutes ago, What The F said:

Well. On the plus side..

Dallas 0-2

NY 0-2

Wash - hopefully 1-1 after today. 

The division sucks, so football will remain interesting since we probably won't be out of the division until around week 10.

Dallas isn’t 0-2 just yet. 

1 minute ago, Talonblood said:

Which means he has regressed as a QB and is killing his team. 

Or he's having a horrible stretch and will get our of the funk.

I don't think his play would've dropped that dramatically over night.

6 minutes ago, nipples said:

No thanks. Lawrence is going to be a massive bust. Can see it coming a mile away. 

I have more hope in Hurts being a good NFL QB than I do Lawrence. 

Lol!  You’re funny. 

6 minutes ago, VeeMak said:

Saw smoke in the backyard and went to see what was on fire.  My son was torching his Wentz jersey in the fire pit.  LMAO!

My brother bought me a Wentz jersey in right before he got hurt against the Rams. I got less use out of that jersey than my TO jersey. 

How about that great coverage by our new safety, Jalen Mills at the end of the game? No help/support whatsoever. He was so late, he reminded me of a prima donna rock band singer.

4 minutes ago, nipples said:

No thanks. Lawrence is going to be a massive bust. Can see it coming a mile away. 

I have more hope in Hurts being a good NFL QB than I do Lawrence. 

Hurts has a much higher ceiling than Lawrence. 

I'm still pissed at Roseman for paying Wentz, but our future starting QB is already on the roster. 

Dallas is getting close to getting back into the game with Atlanta. Inside Atlanta's 5 yard line with 2 min to go.

2 minutes ago, nipples said:

It's so weird even after the guys that said they were behind Wentz this year are now against him   what the F is Wentz doing behind closed doors that they hate him so much? Just so ugly 

2 minutes ago, VeeMak said:

So Howie missed in Wentz, but you think he hit on Hurts?  The same guy Saban gave up on?

Saban doesn’t exactly have a great track record of producing NFL QBs. Plenty of talent at other positions,  but not quarterback. I think the fact that Saban gave up on Hurts, who then went on to be successful elsewhere is actually a positive sign for the kid. 

2 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Or he's having a horrible stretch and will get our of the funk.

I don't think his play would've dropped that dramatically over night.

I think when they drafted Hurts, Wentz started his funk.

1 minute ago, MichiganEagle said:

My brother bought me a Wentz jersey in right before he got hurt against the Rams. I got less use out of that jersey than my TO jersey. 

At least TO played in a Super Bowl for us.

Something is just off with this team's sense of urgency and body language, especially if you look at the cameras on Wentz on 3rd down conversions today. 

For all of us who complained on draft day about the team's decision to draft Jalen Hurts in Round 2, perhaps the team was not just thinking of him as injury insurance but they also had their doubts in case he did not continue to progress the way they liked??

I know, maybe this is a convenient excuse and perhaps I'm giving the FO too much credit, but I'm definitely down on Wentz's ability to lead this team. Not giving up on him, too early for that, but his stock is definitely pointing down.

At this point, ride out the season with Wentz until you are out of contention. Then, mix Hurts in with Wentz until the end of the season. Chances are it will be a top 10 draft pick and you get the best impact player, hopefully on the lines. Either a dominating DE or a starting OL. Preferably an OT. Open competition for Wentz and Hurts after that and Wentz has to restructure. If he doesn't, then look to trade him for whatever you can get.

Offense scheme was better to avoid the pressure with a lot of dink and dunks. However reminded me of the normal Doug scheme.  However they didnt take any shots down field. They need to scheme that happy medium with a few shots. I was happy to see the run game implemented more this week. 

Defense was horrible again. No pressure which in turn made the DBs/LBs look horrible like last year, and the year before etc etc. One game closer to a new DC next year. Also You can see how a contestant run game set up perfect play action play for the Rams. Sucked Gerry right in. 

I will say I was impressed with Sp Teams though. They did a very good job with coverage and returns. Even a blocked extra point. 

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

2017 fooled us all on everyone. The coaches, GM, and the quarterback. We got duped and believed all the excuses. 

Don't know how to process this anymore 

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

It's so weird even after the guys that said they were behind Wentz this year are now against him   what the F is Wentz doing behind closed doors that they hate him so much? Just so ugly 

The one thing I've heard a few times is about how he thinks he knows it all. That's why he needs a QB coach to get after him because he thinks he's so smart in a football sense. That's just what I've heard on podcasts etc. We don't know the reality i guess. 

Archived