GDT: LA Rams @ Philadelphia Eagles 9/20 @1pm EST

EagleJoe8

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

Don't know how to process this anymore 

Whatever happens we need the owner to process it quickly. Let it play out the year and then start making moves.

Just now, nipples said:

Saban doesn’t exactly have a great track record of producing NFL QBs. Plenty of talent at other positions,  but not quarterback. I think the fact that Saban gave up on Hurts, who then went on to be successful elsewhere is actually a positive sign for the kid. 

You’re entitled to your opinion. This is the same FO that picked Wentz, so I don’t trust their evaluation of any player, especially QB.  

9 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

Nope we need to build up these lines on both sides of the ball. Lawrence won't do much with this team as it currently is.

If you can get a starting qb, you get him, if eagles decide carson isn't their guy.

Just now, EagleMatt said:

If you can get a starting qb, you get him, if eagles decide carson isn't their guy.

Nope, once they took Hurts, they have to give him a shot.  I don't want to use a high pick on Lawrence. I think he is another gunslinger like Wentz. I'm not with that hype machine.

1 minute ago, EagleMatt said:

If you can get a FRANCHISE qb, you get him, if eagles decide carson isn't their guy.

FYP

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The one thing I've heard a few times is about how he thinks he knows it all. That's why he needs a QB coach to get after him because he thinks he's so smart in a football sense. That's just what I've heard on podcasts etc. We don't know the reality i guess. 

Never would have thought this, small school guy and thought he was humble but so many say he is not coachable. It's so sad

7 minutes ago, VeeMak said:

So Howie missed in Wentz, but you think he hit on Hurts?  The same guy Saban gave up on?

giphy.gif

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The one thing I've heard a few times is about how he thinks he knows it all. That's why he needs a QB coach to get after him because he thinks he's so smart in a football sense. That's just what I've heard on podcasts etc. We don't know the reality i guess. 

We do know that ever since the eagles drafted Hurts, Wentz started his funk. We do know that he is making mistakes that even some rookies don't make-in year 5, and THAT is why people are getting sick of him. Year 5 and you don't even have the fundamentals down- EVERY game. THAT is what pissed most people off. He isn't putting in the work, or the work he puts in just isn't cutting it. Something is wrong and needs to change. 5 years. Rookie mistakes all over the place. You tell me, peeps.

Just now, CaliEagle said:

Nope, once they took Hurts, they have to give him a shot.  I don't want to use a high pick on Lawrence. I think he is another gunslinger like Wentz. I'm not with that hype machine.

Hurts isn’t the answer unless your question is: who did the Eagles waste a 2nd round pick on in 2020?

Just now, Uscg-green said:

All of you hugging the jock of a 3rd string project QB are funny.

For me, it's less about thinking Hurts is gonna turn into Lamar Jackson, and it's more about knocking Wentz down a peg and hopefully working on the arrogant "I know everything" vibe he gives off to the rest of the team.

Too often he puts the team into bad situations with ill advised throws into double coverage  or his inability to give up the play. Today he was much better at the latter, but still forcing too many throws.

1 minute ago, CaliEagle said:

I agree. I wanna see what they got in him.

9 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Something is just off with this team's sense of urgency and body language, especially if you look at the cameras on Wentz on 3rd down conversions today. 

For all of us who complained on draft day about the team's decision to draft Jalen Hurts in Round 2, perhaps the team was not just thinking of him as injury insurance but they also had their doubts in case he did not continue to progress the way they liked??

I know, maybe this is a convenient excuse and perhaps I'm giving the FO too much credit, but I'm definitely down on Wentz's ability to lead this team. Not giving up on him, too early for that, but his stock is definitely pointing down.

No they’re just not a very good team. But they lack talent. That’s what they look like. Their defense lacks talent. Besides slay that secondary is trash. I don’t wanna hear McLeod is still good no he’s not. he wasn’t good last year. Add on Mills has never played safety in the NFL until literally this year. So you’re asking him to do something he hasn’t done since college. Avonte Maddox is the most overhyped Philadelphia Eagles player. I keep hearing he’s good but I want to watch the game he’s terrible. He’s as mediocre as Douglas.  I’m not even gonna talk about the line backer plate because they won’t even have an NFL caliber starting linebacker on this team. Then I’m going to get into the overpriced over Rado defense of tackle trio they have. Fletcher Cox has not been Fletcher Cox since 2018 against the Saints. Malik Jackson sucked in 2018 and guess what that should’ve been the same for you not to sign him. And Hargrave I don’t know what he is because He has basically missed most of the training camp period. Lastly they have a bunch of role players as defensive ends. Brandon Graham is old and still the best defensive end and everyone else is a back up in a rotation

I haven’t even started with the offense. Besides Reagor and DeSean Jackson the rest of the guys on that team are not good wide receivers or ready to make the jump at the NFL level. We will see John hightower today. And JJAW is still the same bust he was when we took him in the second round. And now your quarterback looks like trash

10 minutes ago, nipples said:

I disagree. Went is the #1 reason the offense has been crap. And the defense hasn’t been good, but giving up short fields, souls crushing end zone picks, and the fact that I think his teammates flat out don’t WANT Wentz as their QB has a massive effect on the entire team. 

Agreed....the rest of the fanbase has to see that the issue is Wentz. How many int's now two games into the season? Even the commentators were pointing out how wide open Goedert was in the end zone on one play and wentz didnt even look his way. How many overthrows did we see yet again today?? He hits Goedert in stride on that one play in the fourth quarter and it goes for a long gain and possibly even a touchdown....4th and 2 with Sanders and Scott both being beasts today and he throws it. Yanno...."I told you so" just doesn't quite do it...

I sat outside on my back deck the entire game. Still here, with the wifey. A bottle of wine has been consumed. Working on the second bottle now.

The only play I saw on TV was the Sanders fumble. Knew it would be a bad Iggles day so the TV was turned off and I decided to spend the beautiful day with the wife outside. Incredible weather.

I mean i didn't see this coming. I thought wentz had shown great play and character the last 4 games of the season. 

1 minute ago, VeeMak said:

Hurts isn’t the answer unless your question is: who did the Eagles waste a 2nd round pick on in 2020?

Once they took him there, they have to see what they have in him.  I would trade down before I took Lawrence. I would rather trade down and load up on picks than to take a QB who has many of the same traits that Wentz has.  You let Hurts and Wentz battle it out and build the talent up. If you need a QB a year or two later, then you put that QB in a position to succeed because there will hopefully be talent around him to work with...especially in the trenches and on the lines.

The Cowboys recovered the onside kick and they could win this game.

Archived