GDT: Cincinnati Bengals @ Philadelphia Eagles. 9/27/20 @ 1PM

EagleJoe8

1 minute ago, PoconoDon said:

I think he knows he only has half a team and that half has nobody playing at an all pro level.

I blame Howie for giving him a garbage pile to work with.

Yep and Howie will throw him under the bus before Howie will take responsibility. I think Howie screwed himself over when he hired Chip. I think Howie sold Chip to Lurie to the point that when Chip wanted personnel control, Howie accidentally screwed himself out of personnel control .  Chip was a prize at that time because he was in demand. I think Howie wanted to hire someone like Doug because he is no threat to personnel control. Now Howie has personnel control again and Lurie won't get rid of him.  Howie learned his lesson and won't probably hire a coach that wants personnel control again.  So, when things go bad, Howie will can Doug and replace him with another coach who will be like Doug in terms of not demanding personnel control. So, I think we are going to be stuck with Howie for years because I think Lurie won't get rid of him.  

1 minute ago, CaliEagle said:

Yep and Howie will throw him under the bus before Howie will take responsibility. I think Howie screwed himself over when he hired Chip. I think Howie sold Chip to Lurie to the point that when Chip wanted personnel control, Howie accidentally screwed himself out of personnel control .  Chip was a prize at that time because he was in demand. I think Howie wanted to hire someone like Doug because he is no threat to personnel control. Now Howie has personnel control again and Lurie won't get rid of him.  Howie learned his lesson and won't probably hire a coach that wants personnel control again.  So, when things go bad, Howie will can Doug and replace him with another coach who will be like Doug in terms of not demanding personnel control. So, I think we are going to be stuck with Howie for years because I think Lurie won't get rid of him.  

This is the most depressing post I’ve ever read, because Howie is the biggest issue with all of this. He keeps getting passes and finding ways to slither himself up the ladder. Everyone heaped all the SB praise on Howie, yet somehow all the criticism gets passed to everyone but him. Howie needs to go. 

Defense held up ok this game. Kept the to a couple of FGs on short yardage. Had some sacks. Definitely on the offense unable to generate points. Wentz 2 ints and kicking field goals don't cut it.

1 minute ago, XoqTionR said:

Defense held up ok this game. Kept the to a couple of FGs on short yardage. Had some sacks. Definitely on the offense unable to generate points. Wentz 2 ints and kicking field goals don't cut it.

For me the line is 17 points or less. Do that and they should win. More than that, they need to be better.

4 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

For me the line is 17 points or less. Do that and they should win. More than that, they need to be better.

True. Holding them to 4 and out one first int and them 3 on second was pretty good.

9 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

I agree.

The only sliver of hope is that Lurie did qualify Howie's return in that he had to go get a football guy for talent evaluations. He brought in Joe Douglas. The consistent draft failures, which is the foundation of all these problems, begs that Lurie step in and do that again, even if quietly. He did it before. Hopefully, he'll do it again...soon...like have that conversation tomorrow morning.

Howie misses Douglas as Doug misses Reich. Douglas made Howie look good and Reich made Doug look good. Look at 'em now.

28 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

Can we ask NBC to flex the Eagles out of primetime next week?  No need to make the nation suffer watching this.

Misery loves company. Let them suffer with us! :lol: 

My takeaways from the game:

1. Wentz is just not right this year. He is in his own head, missing throws, not seeing coverage well enough. What happened to the guy we saw last year? I give him kudos for that 4th quarter drive - showing some heart out there but if he plays better, we are never in that position. Outside of the first 25mins in Washington game, he just isn’t stringing together good QB play

2. Three weeks into it, and our weapons look like last year or worse. Jackson injured, Raegor injured, Godert injured. You just aren’t winning many games with Ertz and Ward Jr alone. Oh and another squa**** from JJAW. At this point, he just shouldn’t be seeing the field - he adds nothing out there

3. Peters has been bad and slow this year. Our OL strength is a strength no more. We still have some great guys in there (Kelce, Lane) but as a unit it just isn’t the strength it used to be. Herbig who was awful against Redskins does seem to be coming on a bit though - continued improvement from him would really help

4. The absolutely no surprise at all of the year is that our LB majorly suck and look like they will be a liability all year

5. Sanders and the D-line came to play today

6. This team is in desperate need of talent all over the field due to lack of skill or ageing. We could use any of these being high picks next year: WR (start opposite Jalen), LT, G/C (Kelce), DE, DT, LB, CB, S

7. why is that every year we get demolished by injuries? Keeps getting worse

17 minutes ago, kiwieagle said:

My takeaways from the game:

1. Wentz is just not right this year. He is in his own head, missing throws, not seeing coverage well enough. What happened to the guy we saw last year? I give him kudos for that 4th quarter drive - showing some heart out there but if he plays better, we are never in that position. Outside of the first 25mins in Washington game, he just isn’t stringing together good QB play

2. Three weeks into it, and our weapons look like last year or worse. Jackson injured, Raegor injured, Godert injured. You just aren’t winning many games with Ertz and Ward Jr alone. Oh and another squa**** from JJAW. At this point, he just shouldn’t be seeing the field - he adds nothing out there

3. Peters has been bad and slow this year. Our OL strength is a strength no more. We still have some great guys in there (Kelce, Lane) but as a unit it just isn’t the strength it used to be. Herbig who was awful against Redskins does seem to be coming on a bit though - continued improvement from him would really help

4. The absolutely no surprise at all of the year is that our LB majorly suck and look like they will be a liability all year

5. Sanders and the D-line came to play today

6. This team is in desperate need of talent all over the field due to lack of skill or ageing. We could use any of these being high picks next year: WR (start opposite Jalen), LT, G/C (Kelce), DE, DT, LB, CB, S

7. why is that every year we get demolished by injuries? Keeps getting worse

Not shocking. It was a stupid a** plan to go into a season relying on desean at 34, 3 rookies, a massive bust in JJAW and ward. 

So it’s now been 20 years since we’ve beaten the Bengals... chances are, we aren’t going to meet up with them in the Super Bowl any time soon, so it’ll be another 4 years til we play them again? So is 24 winless years against a team an NFL record? 

3 minutes ago, Mr-Bueno said:

So it’s now been 20 years since we’ve beaten the Bengals... chances are, we aren’t going to meet up with them in the Super Bowl any time soon, so it’ll be another 4 years til we play them again? So is 24 winless years against a team an NFL record? 

I don’t think the jets have ever beaten us 

1 hour ago, MF POON said:

So is Wentz just avg at this point, or is he still considered an upper tier QB?

Nothing today would provide evidence that he is top tier. 

50 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

Howie has taken the blame for every move since 2013. I don't like Howie but you are full of sheet he has taken blame for every move. Lurie wanted chip and put it on Howie to get him and he did. Howie sucks arse but, blaming him for everything now is ridiculous

7 minutes ago, Mr-Bueno said:

And in 4 years, we’ll be back in Cincy where we’ve never won. So expect 28 years at least. 

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I don’t think the jets have ever beaten us 

Nope. Nor has any team residing in Houston. 

Just now, Columbus Eagle said:

How did Desean injury himself? I must have missed it. 

Hamstring I think. 

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Howie has taken the blame for every move since 2013. I don't like Howie but you are full of sheet he has taken blame for every move. Lurie wanted chip and put it on Howie to get him and he did. Howie sucks arse but, blaming him for everything now is ridiculous

Howie deserves most of it. There isn't a lot of young blue chip talent on the team, other than Sanders. The 2017 draft has no players on this team.  I don't get your love affair for Howie.

3 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

Howie deserves most of it. There isn't a lot of young blue chip talent on the team, other than Sanders. The 2017 draft has no players on this team.  I don't get your love affair for Howie.

Don't have one

2 hours ago, Utebird said:

Dude some of us actually follow this thread as we can't watch the game and all your nonsense posts are not helpful. If you want to be a jack a** have some respect and do it some where else😠

Oh come on dude. This team is a laughing stock. I’m just having fun.

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

This is the most depressing post I’ve ever read, because Howie is the biggest issue with all of this. He keeps getting passes and finding ways to slither himself up the ladder. Everyone heaped all the SB praise on Howie, yet somehow all the criticism gets passed to everyone but him. Howie needs to go. 

I give all the credit for the Super Bowl to one thing, N’s BD.

8 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy said:

I give all the credit for the Super Bowl to one thing, N’s BD.

And Doug’s big balls that season too.  Since then, it’s like he just came out of a really cold pool ... 

Shrinkage Jerry!!

Archived