Board technical issues

Moderator12

7 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Which skin/theme are you using (check the dropdown at the bottom of the board)?

image.png.81fb64b88ab9774060ea3af983d89dab.png

9 minutes ago, time2rock said:

image.png.81fb64b88ab9774060ea3af983d89dab.png

Try the other two Eagles ones and see if they display bold text any differently for you. 

13 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Try the other two Eagles ones and see if they display bold text any differently for you. 

You mean the Eagles Custom or Eagles Custom Alt?

52 minutes ago, time2rock said:

You mean the Eagles Custom or Eagles Custom Alt?

Yes to both. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yes to both. 

Well sum'**** ... switching to Eagles custom now allows me to add boldface.  Thanks!  

18 hours ago, time2rock said:

Well sum'**** ... switching to Eagles custom now allows me to add boldface.  Thanks!  

It was there before, but for some reason your browser just wasn't showing it to you but using any of the themes, I could see it. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Am I the only one whose notifications icon is an orange question mark?

10 hours ago, schuy7 said:

Am I the only one whose notifications icon is an orange question mark?

Take a screenshot and show me. Mine is the Liberty Bell. 

14 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Take a screenshot and show me. Mine is the Liberty Bell. 

It's back to normal now. It was messed up for a good few days. I'll screenshot if it happens again. Thank you.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Site is acting werf for me now. Page is fast to load, but theads take like 5 seconds or so until they are clickable. 

Sometimes if I click one earlier, it eventually takes me back a page.

Other times I am getting the "page is not responding" message and I click wait because it quickly comes back.

18 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Site is acting werf for me now. Page is fast to load, but theads take like 5 seconds or so until they are clickable. 

Other times I am getting the "page is not responding" message and I click wait because it quickly comes back.

I haven't noticed any issues with that on my end, has it resolved for you yet?

12 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

No but I forgot I posted in here. I think its with my chrome browser in general. Site seems to be working fine on Edge.

On 6/13/2023 at 7:22 PM, HazletonEagle said:

On 6/14/2023 at 2:14 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

On 6/14/2023 at 2:27 PM, HazletonEagle said:

No but I forgot I posted in here. I think its with my chrome browser in general. Site seems to be working fine on Edge.

Alright, new day. Just turned on my computer, so we can cross turn it off, and turn it back on, off the list.

Still having these issues with the EMB in my chrome browser. But not Edge. 

What could be causing this? I want to continue using Chrome, but its too annoying to use right now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Alright, new day. Just turned on my computer, so we can cross turn it off, and turn it back on, off the list.

Still having these issues with the EMB in my chrome browser. But not Edge. 

What could be causing this? I want to continue using Chrome, but its too annoying to use right now.

Edwin! <_< 

No, seriously, maybe try clearing your browser cache. Also, check for a browser update. If an update just recently happened, see if you can revert.

On 6/16/2023 at 12:16 AM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Edwin! <_< 

No, seriously, maybe try clearing your browser cache. Also, check for a browser update. If an update just recently happened, see if you can revert.

I got a new PC recently. It had a free trial of McAfee running and I guess there was a McAfee chrome extension. Im not sure why it didnt bog it down from day 1, but disabling that extension seems to have fixed it. 

• Like 1

On 6/18/2023 at 9:19 PM, HazletonEagle said:

I got a new PC recently. It had a free trial of McAfee running and I guess there was a McAfee chrome extension. Im not sure why it didnt bog it down from day 1, but disabling that extension seems to have fixed it. 

Same for me. Thanks for the quick fix.:D

• Like 1

For years, we've been able to embed youtube and twitter into posts.  What would be entailed to have other sites like Vimeo, Rumble do the same?

On 6/30/2023 at 1:00 AM, Procus said:

For years, we've been able to embed youtube and twitter into posts.  What would be entailed to have other sites like Vimeo, Rumble do the same?

I've never used Rumble, so I can't speak to that but Vimeo can be embedded just using the video link, as long as the owner of the video has embedding enabled. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I don't think bold was fixed in dark mode yet correct?

It was, but the colors in dark mode are so dark that it isn't as noticeable being bold. The difference between regular and bold looks more subtle. 

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It was, but the colors in dark mode are so dark that it isn't as noticeable being bold. The difference between regular and bold looks more subtle. 

Can you make the bold just even more pronounced? Don't notice it at all. Or is it possible to change bold to coloring the text a specific color so it stands out?

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

Can you make the bold just even more pronounced? Don't notice it at all. Or is it possible to change bold to coloring the text a specific color so it stands out?

When I have a chance, I'll look into the code and see if I can figure it out. I can't right now though, but if @Moderator12 has a few minutes and if he knows where the settings are, maybe he can look into it also. 

If neither of us can get it, I'll shoot a message to Mark (who did the skins for us). I'm contemplating another skin project for him anyway.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m trying to post tweets the same way I always have from my iPhone, but when I tap "copy link” on the Twitter app and paste it in, it isn’t imbedding. It used to take a few moments to convert, but it just stays a link. Others mentioned to delete everything after question mark in the link but that didn’t work. Another said to put a return in after the link to get it to post, but that didn’t do the trick. 

Any suggestions?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ManuManu said:

I’m trying to post tweets the same way I always have from my iPhone, but when I tap "copy link” on the Twitter app and paste it in, it isn’t imbedding. It used to take a few moments to convert, but it just stays a link. Others mentioned to delete everything after question mark in the link but that didn’t work. Another said to put a return in after the link to get it to post, but that didn’t do the trick. 

Any suggestions?

Let me try one and see what it does:

That embedded for me, maybe it's the specific links that you're trying to embed?