Board technical issues

Moderator12

6 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

That was freaky. Board wouldn’t load

That's because you haven't used the Amazon link enough... :nonono:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

That was freaky. Board wouldn’t load

Actually, I had just noticed the board was down and was trying to figure out why when it came back on. Must have been a server issue. 

Just now, ManuManu said:

It’s happened for about a dozen or so different Twitter links. 

https://x.com/tim_mcmanus/status/1691528221458636800?s=46&t=gAwjPxzSEDdTSordgsDRvw

I went to that link and copied it from Twitter/X let's see if it will embed for me:

Looking at the link that I just embedded and yours, yours shows as 'x.com' mine shows as twitter.com  (shown below)

https://twitter.com/tim_mcmanus/status/1691528221458636800?s=46&t=gAwjPxzSEDdTSordgsDRvw

That's likely the issue. 

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I went to that link and copied it from Twitter/X let's see if it will embed for me:

Looking at the link that I just embedded and yours, yours shows as 'x.com' mine shows as twitter.com  (shown below)

https://twitter.com/tim_mcmanus/status/1691528221458636800?s=46&t=gAwjPxzSEDdTSordgsDRvw

That's likely the issue. 

Thanks, Elon. 

Just now, ManuManu said:

Thanks, Elon. 

I don't  have any real opinions on him one way or the other, but changing the name to 'X' just seems idiotic. 

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2023 at 10:16 AM, Mike030270 said:

Remove this part

@pisceschica this is how you do it.  Edit: you'll need to scroll up/click jump to link to see the post he quoted where he highlighted in green the portion to remove.  

@VaBeach_Eagle I started doing that to get it to work but then I noticed today that every Twitter link I pasted was automatically embedding again without me having to remove the time code at the end.  So not sure if Musk fixed it or if it's certain accounts or what.

• Like 1

This could be just a me issue, but I am not seeing bold text on my browser on my PC. 

This shows as bold in formatting but looks normal

This should be normal 

While the bold doesn't stand out too much on my phone it at least looks bold. 

48 minutes ago, Mat said:

This could be just a me issue, but I am not seeing bold text on my browser on my PC. 

This should be normal 

Are you using the dark theme? Bold doesn't really work in the dark mode. We've resorted to using the font color to highlight what we want bold

31 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Are you using the dark theme? Bold doesn't really work in the dark mode. We've resorted to using the font color to highlight what we want bold

Nope, standard with chrome on my PC. Phone it shows up using the Samsung internet application and it shows up

On 9/28/2023 at 2:05 PM, pisceschica said:

https://twitter.com/jonmachota/status/1707014689044005116?s=20

https://twitter.com/jonmachota/status/1707014689044005116

This ^^ doesnt work for me...but when I copied and pasted jsdarksta's link with the last 4 characters omitted it worked -_-

@NOTW

I'm going to guess those links were originally "x.com".  X.com wasn't (still isn't?  I don't go on twitter x) so in a futile attempt to get around that, I put a filter in to change "x.com" to "twitter.com".  It would change the text, but the board tries to embed first before it applies the filters, thus giving you the twitter links.  I have removed that filter a day or two ago.

If you get an x.com link and manually change it to twitter, it should work for you. 

3 hours ago, Mat said:

This should be normal 

This is what your post looks like to me on a light mode skin:

image.png

The second line down looks bolded to me. In dark mode, I can see the difference, but it's very subtle. I'm going to try to come up with a solution to that (for dark mode), when I have a chance. 

7 hours ago, Moderator12 said:

I'm going to guess those links were originally "x.com".  X.com wasn't (still isn't?  I don't go on twitter x) so in a futile attempt to get around that, I put a filter in to change "x.com" to "twitter.com".  It would change the text, but the board tries to embed first before it applies the filters, thus giving you the twitter links.  I have removed that filter a day or two ago.

If you get an x.com link and manually change it to twitter, it should work for you. 

Thank you I will try that next time..

16 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

This is what your post looks like to me on a light mode skin:

The second line down looks bolded to me. In dark mode, I can see the difference, but it's very subtle. I'm going to try to come up with a solution to that (for dark mode), when I have a chance. 

So I see the bold in your quote, but not in what I type. 

926689739_ScreenshotBold.thumb.png.c756e8f17a901b8c914e764eafc510f6.png

This is how I see it in my browser. 

6 hours ago, Mat said:

So I see the bold in your quote, but not in what I type. 

This is how I see it in my browser. 

Which specific skin are you using? 

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I've got it right back here

l-intro-1666273432.jpg

7 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Whatever the default is which is light mode.

I hit the toggle between light and dark and it was like that with both

2 hours ago, Mat said:

Whatever the default is which is light mode.

I hit the toggle between light and dark and it was like that with both

As an experiment, switch to 'Eagles Custom Alt' and see if it's still that way. If it is, try a different browser and see if that makes a difference. 

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

As an experiment, switch to 'Eagles Custom Alt' and see if it's still that way. If it is, try a different browser and see if that makes a difference. 

I think I realised where I was going wrong, the change mode just toggles a light and dark background but the theme was the default which is 'Eagles Dark Mode'. So they both counted as dark mode. When I went to generic I am getting the bold but it still doesn't look completely bold if that makes sense 

Looking at your post from earlier where you quoted me, the bold in the quote of my direct post is visible but doesn't look as bold as bold in your generic quote box. It's minor but the second one is how I would expect it to look. It might be a font difference. 

1934797996_ScreenshotBoldGeneric.thumb.png.44fe080f670355bcaafe30f476d6b29b.png

I'm just working my way through the modes now, Eagles custom looks bang on, so does Eagles custom Alt. 

Kelly Green Dark mode is no good for bold 

@VaBeach_Eagle am I missing where we can update our Member Title?  I searched and previously in this topic you mentioned it was a feature you had to enable?  

6 minutes ago, NOTW said:

@VaBeach_Eagle am I missing where we can update our Member Title?  I searched and previously in this topic you mentioned it was a feature you had to enable?  

There was something about that ability that came up a couple of years ago but I don't remember exactly what it was now. I'll look into it, but I'm thinking that the ability was removed by Invision. But I'll double check. 

@Moderator12 may remember. 

• Like 1