Board technical issues

Moderator12

On 1/31/2023 at 11:41 AM, Mike030270 said:

Any chance we can remove the feature that merges posts when you've posted something and then quickly post again?

On 1/31/2023 at 11:58 AM, EagleJoe8 said:

I know that was asked on the last version, and I don't think it was possible. I wish it were though.

23 hours ago, downundermike said:

Agree with this @VaBeach_Eagle @Moderator12

12 hours ago, NOTW said:

Yes, hate that.

I talked to @Moderator12 and asked what he thought if the idea and we came to the conclusion that we can give it a shot, but it'll have to be turned back on if it winds up turning into a "spamming tool". It's off for now, though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I talked to @Moderator12 and asked what he thought if the idea and we came to the conclusion that we can give it a shot, but it'll have to be turned back on if it winds up turning into a "spamming tool". It's off for now, though.

I can see that side of it, but it is annoying, especially in the blog when you reply to 2 different topics back to back and they get merged.

It then gets more annoying when someone replies to your merged post, and they do not delete the part they are not replying to.

Just now, downundermike said:

I can see that side of it, but it is annoying, especially in the blog when you reply to 2 different topics back to back and they get merged.

It then gets more annoying when someone replies to your merged post, and they do not delete the part they are not replying to.

Oh, I know how annoying it can be. Doing the LII GDT, was a pain when it was on... but fortunately... 

(to disable it when I needed to)

9 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Oh, I know how annoying it can be. Doing the LII GDT, was a pain when it was on... but fortunately... 

(to disable it when I needed to)

That brings back memories of childhood. 

Will have to check out Voltron too lol. 

26 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Only thing I see being spammed is the meme thread and that's fine. We all usually just wait a few moments to post the next one so it doesn't duplicate anyway lol

10 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

That brings back memories of childhood. 

Will have to check out Voltron too lol. 

lol That was just a little past my Cartoon Watching time. I saw it, of course, but only in passing. My niece, who is only 8 years younger than I am and was essentially raised with me like a little sister, used to watch it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Basically, if you guys abuse it, it's going back to the way it was.

You're welcome.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

@VaBeach_Eagle discovered another issue in dark mode. Looks like when someone embedded a website link it shows up unreadable. 

Screenshot_20230201-070903.png

I've looked for this post but can't seem to find it, let me know the link to it soon, I'm close to finalizing things with Mark and I want him to look at it before I do. 

6 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

In that image, I can see the link. Are you highlighting it or are you talking about something else? Send me a link to that post.

I'm talking about the rest of the post you can't see what's posted. I can't find it now either. It doesn't matter I'll just switch it back to light to read it

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm talking about the rest of the post you can't see what's posted. I can't find it now either. It doesn't matter I'll just switch it back to light to read it

If you find something else that does that, let me know so that it can be addressed. 

When I quote a comment and reply, after posting the reply I (correctly) am taken to the most recent page,but not to my post.  Instead I’m taken to the first comment on that page.  I have to manually scroll down to the bottom to get to my post.

1 hour ago, mattwill said:

When I quote a comment and reply, after posting the reply I (correctly) am taken to the most recent page,but not to my post.  Instead I’m taken to the first comment on that page.  I have to manually scroll down to the bottom to get to my post.

I'm quoting you to see if it does that to me. 

EDIT:

It didn't, it worked properly for me. But I'll be watchful on that and if it happens, I'll see if it's an Invision thing that can be fixed. 

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I can't see the bolded text in the quote that Matt is responding to in Dark Mode

I'll see if we can get that fixed. 

3 hours ago, mattwill said:

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

EDIT:

It didn't, it worked properly for me. But I'll be watchful on that and if it happens, I'll see if it's an Invision thing that can be fixed. 

I’m typically taken to my post, but sometimes it does take a few seconds to fully get there. One thing I’ve taken notice to, is sometimes, clicking on a notification doesn’t always take me to the post that was reacted to. It’ll take me to someone else’s post instead. Not every time, but sometimes. 

20 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

One thing I’ve taken notice to, is sometimes, clicking on a notification doesn’t always take me to the post that was reacted to. It’ll take me to someone else’s post instead. Not every time, but sometimes. 

I've had notifications of being quoted and reacted to at times where when I go to see what it is, it takes me to the top of the page and not my post. That's because either the quote was deleted, or the reaction was removed by the reactor. Could that be what you're noticing?

4 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I've had notifications of being quoted and reacted to at times where when I go to see what it is, it takes me to the top of the page and not my post. That's because either the quote was deleted, or the reaction was removed by the reactor. Could that be what you're noticing?

I don’t think so because I will scroll to my post,  and see the reaction is from who the notification said it was from. 

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

I don’t think so because I will scroll to my post,  and see the reaction is from who the notification said it was from. 

It may just be the server running slow, or maybe it's in a thread with thousands of posts? Like the Blog? That may affect it also. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

EDIT:

Testing 1-2-3

2 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

One thing I’ve taken notice to, is sometimes, clicking on a notification doesn’t always take me to the post that was reacted to. It’ll take me to someone else’s post instead. Not every time, but sometimes. 

That happens to me too.  When I scroll up or down I find the reaction referenced in the notification.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

@VaBeach_Eagle In your WU thread about dark mode, I pointed out some minor issues Im seeing.

I forgot to reply, but I did see it and those should be resolved this weekend. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...